BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Sheff Utd (h) - 6/11/21 - 146th Birthday

2 minutes ago, Tom said:

He does, I’ve been as critical as most of Mowbray at times during his tenure but if you can’t give credit when it’s due you instantly lose any argument.

Today he succeeded in his job as manager 

like F he does  .. forced into it again 

Groundhog day  begins again

• Like 1

That’s a hell of a week of football. Six points from nine, our biggest home reverse in the clubs history, in our birthday week. Mowbray giving strange interviews and we are in the top six for two hours.

I need a beer. 🍺 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lraC said:

I love Buckley to bits. Superb vision and a great football brain. My MOM today, he oozes class.

Fantastic player always looks for forward passes first and often releases players on the break.

Finally starting to see the player who we were told about stamp his mark on games.

Edited by Beanie01289
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, Tom said:

He does, I’ve been as critical as most of Mowbray at times during his tenure but if you can’t give credit when it’s due you instantly lose any argument.

No, you lose credibility in an argument. You don't instantly lose the argument.

Credit for the result today though, from me at least. I just don't find myself caring very much. Still want him out.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Beanie01289 said:

If you can't give credit for that performance today where every player gave their all for the shirt then what can you give credit for.

credit to the players  and the fans that attended ......not the pillock in charge...

6 minutes ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

Gotta say the best transfer swap we have ever done has to be swapping Brereton for Diaz - we definitely got the better player 🤣

His transformation is unbelievable. Never seen a player who seemed so irredeemably poor become so good.

Similarly (albeit only a game) Poveda sounds like he hugely improved today after being epically rubbish which is great.

9 minutes ago, Beanie01289 said:

If you can't give credit for that performance today where every player gave their all for the shirt then what can you give credit for.

Agreed, great today and it’s cheered me up no end. Jeckyll and Hyde Rovers this week 

I told myself I'd give Poveda one more chance after seeing the starting lineup... I recall him looking good for about 5-10 min in one of his early starts, and he must have something about him with his pedigree, but then crap ever since... what a rebound performance from him. Was less down on Khadra, although his recent appearances had been pretty poor, so quite pleased for him today too. Clear case of a couple young attackers just needing a few successful dribbles to give them the confidence to keep at it. Of course still questionable to have them over, say, Chapman, but he's currently sitting on the bench for Burton, so...

(It would be nice to maybe turn one of these loans into a loan-to-buy, as some had recently mooted about van Hecke before his, ahem, creative tackle against Fulham. One of the benefits of a loan can be 'try before you buy'... certainly not suggesting that for Khadra or Poveda just yet!)

A couple shaky moments from Lenihan and Wharton, but I suppose that can be excused for Wharton's first game back. Was a nice reminder of Wharton's dominance in the air today. Big head CBs, fuck yeah.

Otherwise, pretty great performance all around.

Edun makes me nervous at times, but it's nice to think we've got two young LBs competing for the spot. How long since we could feel optimistic at that position?!

edit: I should also mention a resurgent performance from Davenport, who I had started to finally write off. What an odd player he's been...

Edited by RoverCanada
  • Like 1

Just now, lraC said:

Agreed, great today and it’s cheered me up no end. Jeckyll and Hyde Rovers this week 

Ha yeah wed was a very low point first time I've turned a Rovers game off and watched  another game. Today after the first minute we were first to everything. Credit to davenport today as well he helped win the midfield battle.

Easily the most enjoyable game of the season. Despite being very rusty, Wharton was miles better than Carter/Maglore. Travis and Davenport together added some real bite to what has been a soft centre. Poveda and, to a lesser extent Khadra offered threat and pace in both wings; Buckley’s vision is miles ahead of anyone else at the club and I thought Ben looked better for having better players around him. Our pace and drive really stretched them, such a nice change from usual.

Edited by Exiled in Toronto
  • Like 6

25 minutes ago, Tom said:

Similarly if you can't look at the bigger picture, you're a bit of a gullible sausage and deserve all the disappointment coming your way. I won't be fooled especially after Wednesday. There's certainly no shame in enjoying the win but having zero faith in the manager at this point. We've been here how many times?

However what I do have faith in is that the league is so weak that there is a chance we could sneak into the play offs, so Mowbray's shortcomings may be offset from the other duffers in this league. We need to start beating the teams around us.

• Like 2

Just got back. As I said in my comment at half time, there’s a lot of shit in this league (aside from top 3).

We were great going forward today. Diaz, Poveda, Khadra all superb. Special mention to Buckley who I thought was fantastic.

Defensively thought we were very poor though. Wharton (understandably) off the pace and felt that Edun was very exposed, although he did well going forward.

As ever in the Championship, the refereeing  was atrocious. Really think the EFL should focus on that.

Good atmosphere, probably aided by the early goal.

Still don’t think we’re going anywhere with Mowbray in charge and I fear he might get another contract.

Edited by Displaced Rover
  • Like 3

I think to a man we were brilliant today. One of my favourite performances in recent memory. 

The pace of our attack was frightening. Brereton has to be offered a new contract as soon as possible. The way he can turn and run with the ball scares defenders and now he believes in himself he can single handedly  take the game to the opposition. 

Poveda, Khadra and Buckley all looked terrific up front. Buckley is really good at winning possession up high. The vision Poveda and Buckley had was next to none. Shame about Khadra end product on occasion but he’s another who frightens defenders to bits. Only has to drop his shoulder and he’s usually past them. 

Imo big shout out to Travis and Davenport. They won the midfield battle against Fleck and Norwood which is no easy feat. I’ve thought they look good together before so I hope it becomes a more consistent midfield for us 

Welcome back Scotty Wharton. You are some player. Daniel Ayala who? 

• Like 4

Great stuff today credit to all involved.

Proper approach, proper team and tactics = proper football match.

Makes Wednesday's shambles and the constant needless messing around even more annoying. Today is what Blackburn Rovers is ALL about, Fulham was what Venky Rovers and the last 11 years was about.

Please find a balance and lets have more of todays stuff, main difference was Brereton. A busy striker in a forward position always showing, always chasing.

Basic stuff is all you need in this league if everyone pulls together. Enjoy while it lasts....

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 6