BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Bournemouth (a) - 11/12/21

2 minutes ago, USABlue said:

I had said that was a watershed for this team, thank god we responded in the right manner.  One thing puzzles me, Khadra played against the Blades and took our corners and he was superb, he hasn't took one since, well one I think.  Needs to be taking them if he's playing.  What a heady day love it just love it.  Dare to dream?

But Rothwells corners were fantastic today, including the one for the goal.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, USABlue said:

I had said that was a watershed for this team, thank god we responded in the right manner.  One thing puzzles me, Khadra played against the Blades and took our corners and he was superb, he hasn't took one since, well one I think.  Needs to be taking them if he's playing.  What a heady day love it just love it.  Dare to dream?

I did think that myself today but I guess jpvh did score from one today so I gotta let it slide

Shoutout to Pears. Did extremely well in Kaminski's absence. Made a few good saves and is very good with his kicking (better than Kaminski tbh). Deserve to keep his spot for the time being.

The 3 CBs are working extremely well at the moment. Lenihan, Wharton (hope his injury isnt serious!) and Van Hecke. Heading away almost every ball into the box.

Buckley coming of age. Boy, he can tackle! 

Gally did well too when he came on.. worked hard for the team.

Brereton wasnt clinical tonight, got into really good positions but didnt make full use of it. Could have had a hat trick! Missed 2 one-on-ones. Lost the ball a few times.

• Like 1

Been cautiously enjoying the recent run, I think today has confirmed though that we're officially looking at a potential play offs spot.

Bournemouth will probably point to a few injuries like Stoke did, but we have them too including our keeper and obviously Dacky.

Hats off to Pears, solid performance, he seems to have really improved.

A few worrying injuries, the way things are going that's still the biggest threat to this season. Sounds like Whartons was just a stomach upset but Nyambe feeling his hamstring is a big worry when there's a lack of cover there. Van Hecke hopefully isn't too bad.

Dropping the possession based nonsense has done no end of good, just 32% for us today and another comfortable win.

It’s days like today that make you proud to be a Rover. Great team spirit, the fight and desire, especially at the back was amazing. I have no idea, what was said after the Fulham game, but whatever it was, seems like a minor miracle.

All round superb today, Pickering stood out, as did Buckley, but everything about that was superb.

The beer is chilling, Christmas has come early after that.

• Like 1

Wharton has made a tremendous difference, the guy's a class act. There was a moment in the first half were he showed great feet in a passage of play that led to a dangerous opportunity.

We could do with another right back, and an extra creative midfielder imo incase Rothwell gets injured.  Got to keep this side together and go for it now. 

I take my hat off to Mowbray, after the Fulham defeat I called for him to go- well, he's proven me and many others wrong. Credit where credit is due.

Offer the players new contracts with promotion clauses indicating a significant rise in wages in line with the Premier League money.

• Like 9