BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Dingles

2 minutes ago, Silas said:

I can see that. Portrays the down to earth image, but could see him being a right grumpy git with little time for lower level underlings. 

He does come across as quite arrogant sometimes, considering his standing in the football industry.

I suppose there is a fine line between confidence and arrogance though. 

Yes I see it that way too. It's akin to Ferguson who ruled the roost in pretty much every area of the club and became untouchable, invincible almost. The previous owners perhaps were prepared to give him that kind of latitude because they understood his value to the club. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Allardyce has nothing left to offer football and practically retired years ago but still pops up when he gets sniff of a big payday. 

I find it very funny/ironic that our fiercest rivals are close to becoming a freakshow, they spent the last 10 years bathing in our misfortunes!! 

Like a keep telling a dingle mate - “ Nothing is forever in life, especially in football, laugh at us whilst you can “. Most clubs have their time in the sun and then it’s over for a while. Decision making in football is like a big game of snakes and ladders. You keep landing on snakes and you end up on the bottom level.

• Like 9

Clubs like Burnley have a shelf life in the top flight and it’s not a long one. Most of the Premier League clubs are now owned by multi billionaires with the cash to splash on top quality (usually foreign) players. Liverpool and Man City have set the bench mark in the style of continental type football that has become the norm. Burnley have never had the financial clout to try and do this, hence Sean Dyche and his very fit, very organised, very energetic, very good-at-set-pieces but very ordinary players. This brand of football doesn’t last forever, so clubs like Norwich, Burnley, Brentford, Bournemouth (they’ll be down again), Watford etc. know they have to enjoy it while it lasts. The hierarchy in the Premier League is set, now, largely on wealth. Very sad but very sweet that the trapdoors are now opening for the Clarettes. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

It appears that Dingles don't have anyone line up before the sacked him which is a massive mistake by their hierarchy.  Its appears they want Allardyce to come in and save them. Not sure he will come back but I have seen Talksport reported that Bilic is interested in the job there. 

I think that is excellent suggestion or someone like WBA or QPR. 

Why are there so many stupid football owners? 

I mean, we have some of the worst but binning SD at such a crucial junction in the season and not have someone already lined up to step in is madness.

9 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

I mean, we have some of the worst but binning SD at such a crucial junction in the season and not have someone already lined up to step in is madness.

they see football as a business,for reasons i can never figure out,i doubt their is any professional club in the whole world that runs on a profit,if there is one then it`s not in the higher echelons of the game,to be successful you`ve got to spend money,in the pre 1992 days it was usually the local business man who`d made his fortune and retired that bankrolled his local  club,today it`s naive billionaires who think they can turn the club into a worldwide name,i.e the maniac who took over hull and tried to market them into a megabrand  hull tigers

3 hours ago, davulsukur said:

Burnley owners are in full panic mode over the financially impact of relegation and how they finance buying the club in the first place

• Backroom
7 hours ago, Silas said:

I can see that. Portrays the down to earth image, but could see him being a right grumpy git with little time for lower level underlings. 

He does come across as quite arrogant sometimes, considering his standing in the football industry.

I suppose there is a fine line between confidence and arrogance though. 

There's a Clough quote for everything:

'Some think I'm confident, some say arrogant. What's the difference? Cassius Clay is arrogant but we love him because he's bloody good at what he does.'

• Like 3

3 hours ago, matt83 said:

Even if this lot do a Venkys and turn Burnley into a total shambles they’ll always be 12 years of misery behind us and unlikely to catch up. 

Some think they will freefall through the leagues as they believe ALK have no money.

31 minutes ago, booth said:

Some think they will freefall through the leagues as they believe ALK have no money.

God I hope so. The natural order resumes. Speaking of which I genuinely never saw a Burnley shirt in Clitheroe from the 90s until effectively their promotion. See a few these days. 🤮.

On that note grew up with loads of manure/lpool shirts but recently, literally today, noticed loads of citeh shirts. Clearly they’ve been at the apex long enough it’s filtered down to the sticks. 

I have read an article that suggested that Cornet was ALK signing and not a Dyche signing. Also in the article that Dyche working relationship with Mike Garlick had been rock bottom which he sold the club. Dyche no longer attended board meetings under the new regime 

Dyche lost Burnley players after 2018 Europa League exit (msn.com)

• Backroom

Dyche clearly didn't lose the players 3 years ago and the article doesn't even say that specifically. Extremely clickbaity headline. 

That aside, I've been seeing all the same nonsense as we got here when Allardyce was sacked. Same old story of owners wanting champagne football on a beer budget. It rarely ends well. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, arbitro said:

Yes I see it that way too. It's akin to Ferguson who ruled the roost in pretty much every area of the club and became untouchable, invincible almost. The previous owners perhaps were prepared to give him that kind of latitude because they understood his value to the club. 

I read a really good article on Dyche's approach sometime last year. From what I remember Ian Woan does most of the work and Dyche usually stays away until the day before a game when he comes in and picks the team. 

Apparently his scarcity added to his allure and how players responded to him. 

I also saw an article in a national newspaper ranking all Prem managers by their watch. Dyche had the most expensive one.

Why would they sack him now? He had only won 1 or 2 games by the turn of the year. What makes the owner think that someone will come in and magically win 4 out of 7?

I have a Burnley supporting mate who has been singing the same tune as Longsiders since August; this season will be their last in the Prem.

15 minutes ago, speeeeeeedie said:

I read a really good article on Dyche's approach sometime last year. From what I remember Ian Woan does most of the work and Dyche usually stays away until the day before a game when he comes in and picks the team. 

Apparently his scarcity added to his allure and how players responded to him. 

I also saw an article in a national newspaper ranking all Prem managers by their watch. Dyche had the most expensive one.

Why would they sack him now? He had only won 1 or 2 games by the turn of the year. What makes the owner think that someone will come in and magically win 4 out of 7?

I have a Burnley supporting mate who has been singing the same tune as Longsiders since August; this season will be their last in the Prem.

Similar to how Hughes ran things at Ewood Park. 

• Like 1

It sounds like there’s been a massive clear out behind the scenes at Burnley. The guy who was chief exec at my rugby league club was a Burnley fan and a few years ago he left to take up a job there on the commercial side. His dream job apparently. I hadn’t seen him since he left our club but recently he’s rocked up at Rochdale AFC, again in some sort of commercial role. Next time I see him I’ll ask him about the goings on at the dingledome.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

Without question, it's a massive gamble getting rid of Dyche. 

It's not all over yet, though. There's plenty of points left to play for and they're only 4 behind Everton with 8 to play.

Someone could come in, fancy the challenge, and perfrom a miracle. Who knows?

I'll only be getting the jelly out when relegation is a done deal...

Edited by Wheelton Blue

6 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

Without question, it's a massive gamble getting rid of Dyche. 

It's not all over yet, though. There's plenty of points left to play for and they're only 4 behind Everton with 8 to play.

Someone could come in, fancy the challenge, and perfrom a miracle. Who knows?

I'll only be getting the jelly out when relegation is a done deal...

I agree. For a start it’s a really good time to play West Ham. They’re playing far too many games for a squad their size. Injuries are starting to pile up.