BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Cardiff (a) - 15/1/22 - 12.30pm kick off

Quite glad RoversTV kicked me out in injury time and I couldn't get back in ..... too stressful watching most of that.

V poor performance, but a win. Kaminski saved us when it mattered.

Felt a bit sorry for Gallagher ...looked OK when he came on and was helping us get forward more, but then got marooned alone up front a few minutes later when Nyambe went off.

Edited by TonyM
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Hasta said:

Absolutely turgid, slack passing, lack of footballing intelligence and overrun for most of the second half.

Get in 🔵  😀😀

Yes but for all of that Cardiff created one chance which Kaminski pulled out a superb save. 

If you can soak up the pressure experiencing pressure is no problem. In terms of scoring goals if our forwards had picked better final passes we would have scored second half. Cardiff didn't carve us open in the way we did to them on the break.

The defence really is the foundation of a football team and we have an outstanding one at this level.

• Like 3

Shoutout to Kaminski making a huge save and Ayala for a crucial header, overall the defence (and Rothwell) won us the game.

Poor performance attacking wise. And it sucks because there isnt anyone from the bench who looked like they can come on and impact the game. And Gally is still a donkey. It's clear we need just abit more quality in the bench when the first XI is not having a good game.

Thankful that we laboured our way to 3 points.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Great to get the points, but we were awful. Been poor for a month now, need to snap out of this. What's happened?

What's happened in the last month? 3 wins and a draw. No defeats, except in the distraction cup due to our backup goalie imploding spectacularly.

As long as the results keep coming I don't care. But I do agree we probably need to start playing a bit better than we have against Cardiff and Hudds (Barnsley the only problem was our finishing was a bit wayward).

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Miker said:

Relieving to get the 3 points, but we've bee noticeably really poor in the last few games, which is a bit of a worry.

Maybe injection of new blood in this window will improve things. 

Only a concern if you’re not winning games. We’ve kept 7 clean sheets in the last 8 and it’s the defence that gets you promoted.

4 minutes ago, TonyM said:

Quite glad RoversTV kicked me out in injury time and I couldn't get back in ..... too stressful watching most of that.

V poor performance, but a win, which is what matters.

I couldn't access Rovers TV despite buying my pass 2 days ago. The Club will be getting some serious earache

• Like 1

1 minute ago, USABlue said:

You can see he's been meddling I think and he will buggar it up.

A bit of credit would not go amiss. How long did we all bemoan his attempts to go three at the back well now he's got that set up and it's giving us a great platform to play like we did today and still be able to pick the win up 

• Like 2

Had to go out for a  walk after the red. Couldn't watch.  May have to do it more often😂

That is a massive win.  It convinces me that we genuinely could be in with a shout (at the very least of the play offs).

Promotion is all about clan sheets.  Something we haven't been able to buy the last 3 years. 

We really haven't played well  the last couple of games...yet this season we don't concede.  It makes such a difference.

Hopefully, this is a poor spell and we pick up the performances again in the next game or 2. 

The Bournemouth result is the icing on the cake

Enjoy the weekend rovers fans 🍺

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Great to get the points, but we were awful. Been poor for a month now, need to snap out of this. What's happened?

I'm guessing that teams have got onto our counter-attack style and are also matching us up in formation more often.

The team's rising to the challenge but a lot of onus is on Buckley to create and hold possession. Last two games, he's struggled, by the reports. 

In the last game v. Huddersfield, one of their attackers was drawing Wharton, I think, into midfield and creating gaps in the backline. I think Buckley's got to be doing that at times for us to disrupt the other team.

The other issue might be Travis. He's playing every game and physically, it's asking a lot

Edited by riverholmes
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Snap out of 8 wins in 10, no defeats and three consecutive away wins without conceding…?

Brilliant result. We look so solid. Even down to 10, we were relatively comfortable. These are the type of wins that get you promoted. 

• Like 6