BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Cardiff (a) - 15/1/22 - 12.30pm kick off

10 minutes ago, USABlue said:

You can see he's been meddling I think and he will buggar it up.

Iv been a massive Mowbray critic but you cant blame him for the players missplacing passes and looking a below par can we.The performance had nothing to do with how the team was set up

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, yellowsubmarine said:

Shoutout to Kaminski making a huge save and Ayala for a crucial header, overall the defence (and Rothwell) won us the game.

Poor performance attacking wise. And it sucks because there isnt anyone from the bench who looked like they can come on and impact the game. And Gally is still a donkey. It's clear we need just abit more quality in the bench when the first XI is not having a good game.

Thankful that we laboured our way to 3 points.

I don't know really. If you play based on defence like we do you just need one bit of quality to get you over the line. While not individually consistent between BBD, Buckley, Khadra, Rothwell someone is going to turn up each week. Today it was Rothwell.

Also as Nyambe is so muted in an attacking sense Pickering is a very big player for us to provide width and crosses. So when he comes back (or we sign an effective LB backup, or the new RB or JRC make the right side more offensive) we should be a lot better. Today we had absolutely nothing going forward on the flanks (for the second half I saw, presume it was similar first half, heard a stat we didn't make a single cross first half) which really hurt our way of playing. 

Anyway, as long as the defence continues to be sensational we are going to do well. We have conceded 3 goals in 10 games since Fulham. That is incredible. Any stattos like to figure out the last time we managed that across 10 league games??

Our defence are stunning. Since 24th November when we trounced Peterborough 4-0, we have conceded ONE goal in the league! That was Barnsley's total fluke goal.

That's 7 clean sheets in 8 games. Outrageous!

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 8

Love shit house performances like that. We were crap in anything other than getting in the way of the ball but who cares? 1-0 is all that matters. Joint top, another win and clean sheet, and we go again at Hull 

Love this squad of players. Van Hecke, Lenihan and Wharton are Spartans. Fuck me I wouldn’t want to play against them. 

Silver lining is we will see this Dutch lad quicker than we may have thought. Let’s hope he’s class like the rest of the players. Could win the World Cup this team, conceding none all the way there. Kaminski is a GOLIATH!! 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

Snap out of 8 wins in 10, no defeats and three consecutive away wins without conceding…?

Brilliant result. We look so solid. Even down to 10, we were relatively comfortable. These are the type of wins that get you promoted. 

We barely strung 2 passes together. I get that we won and our form, but we cannot keep playing like this and relying on our defence. When Kaminski pulled up near the end, i nearly cried. 

A very hard watch, especially after the red, but I don’t care. Had we been awesome and drew or lost, I would have been a misery guts for the weekend.

The defence did its job and to concede one goal in the last 8 games, is just awesome.

With the last minute Luton winner, adding the cherry on top, it is a celebration for me tonight.

2 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

We barely strung 2 passes together. I get that we won and our form, but we cannot keep playing like this and relying on our defence. When Kaminski pulled up near the end, i nearly cried. 

I don’t disagree re Kaminski but I think the last 2.5. months show that we can win games in different ways. We’re not going to win every game comprehensively but we look so hard to beat at the moment, we don’t need to be on fire up front to win.

These aren’t fluky wins against the run of play with last minute winners, these are deserved, hard fought wins against teams at the top and bottom of the league and both home and away. Let’s enjoy the ride.

Also, RoversTV. Shocking. A formal apology and refunds for all. Unacceptable.

17 minutes ago, slowmo said:

One of the worst matches to watch but a great 3 points,  unlucky not to have a penalty and Cardiff not having a player sent off . Days like these define a season 

Definitely. How many times in the past have we played well and got nothing from a match. Ugly wins are good wins. It’s almost like we’ve gone back to basics, being hard to beat and being able to win games with a flash of good play. 

We haven’t been able to do this since Sparky was manager and Nelson was captain. 

I know it’s the hope that kills you, but it’s hard not to be thrilled at the moment. ARTE ET LABORE! 

• Like 2

Great result, terrible performance, rode our luck, will have to play better but will definitely take that today.

The red card for Nyambe was the most ludicrous thing I've ever seen. Didn't do anything at all wrong for either of the two yellows imo then one of the Cardiff players deliberately stamps on Wharton's achilles and only gets the same punishment, a yellow.

The game's gone.

• Like 1

Teams that get promoted out of the Championship know how to grind out 1-0 results away from home at places like Cardiff.

Fantastic result, I'd have been happy with a draw, confidence is sky high and Tony Mowbray is working miracles. 

Onwards and upwards 

• Like 4