BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Cardiff (a) - 15/1/22 - 12.30pm kick off

41 minutes ago, TonyM said:

Felt a bit sorry for Gallagher ...looked OK when he came on and was helping us get forward more, but then got marooned alone up front a few minutes later when Nyambe went off.

Thought Gallagher was absolutely shocking when he came on, couldn't hold the ball up, made the wrong decision with his passes, didn't put their defenders under any pressure, and managed to get himself booked with a clumsy challenge.

He wasn't on his own in being below par today though.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dan said:

Definitely. How many times in the past have we played well and got nothing from a match. Ugly wins are good wins. It’s almost like we’ve gone back to basics, being hard to beat and being able to win games with a flash of good play. 

We haven’t been able to do this since Sparky was manager and Nelson was captain. 

I know it’s the hope that kills you, but it’s hard not to be thrilled at the moment. ARTE ET LABORE! 

It's this period ' The Underdogs ' which I still picture Rovers as ( Souness/ Hughes), rather than  the title winning period and the Venkys.  I'm hoping Zeefuik will bring some bite 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Yes but for all of that Cardiff created one chance which Kaminski pulled out a superb save. 

If you can soak up the pressure experiencing pressure is no problem. In terms of scoring goals if our forwards had picked better final passes we would have scored second half. Cardiff didn't carve us open in the way we did to them on the break.

The defence really is the foundation of a football team and we have an outstanding one at this level.

How we get there I don’t care.

• Like 1

That NG - be cheap to have him on your shirt - made a meal of the tackle. You saw him peaking at the ref and once the red came out he popped straight back up. 

Id be embarrassed if I did that, especially on camera. He was a little drama Queen all game so you can imagine my joy when he was the one to mess their play up in the last 5 mins. Shit player, enjoy the relegation scrap 

King Ryan Nyambe 

Edited by Dreams of 1995
  • Like 2

Unreal to see Bristol beating Fulham at the cottage, after they just mauled Reading away. Probably won't last, but great for now!

If they do somehow lose I will have to conclude that winning 7-0 away is the worst thing you can do.

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 1

Not a good performance in many ways and so many individuals had shockers yet its all about results and a superb defensive shift put in, all about those 3 points.

Edun looks really out of place, Brereton as poor as he has been all season, Buckley poor, Travis very off colour and Gallagher with as bad a cameo as you are likely to see.

Lenihan, Wharton and Van Hecke all very good, and Kaminski faultless. 

Nyambe red card perhaps slightly harsh but still foolish from him, both the shove and the late foul.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Watching the Luton highlights - it's reassuring to see Bell roasted for both of the Bournemouth goals. 

Pickering has been such an upgrade! Can't help but feel we've missed him last couple of games.

Edited by oozy
  • Like 4

Games like today can sometimes define seasons as we had to show a different set of skills to the ones of recent months. We didn't play well at all but ground out a result with some determined, resolute defending which will stand us in good stead for the rest of the season. We needed the back three to be good today and they were with Kaminski solid behind them. When the circumstances demanded we go to a back five we were equally as good. What was really pleasing was the defending of set pieces which has often behind Achilles Heel under Mowbray. 

I have a little worry about the form of a few players but with a solid base and ability to keep clean sheets we are giving ourselves a chance.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Not a good performance in many ways and so many individuals had shockers yet its all about results and a superb defensive shift put in, all about those 3 points.

Edun looks really out of place, Brereton as poor as he has been all season, Buckley poor, Travis very off colour and Gallagher with as bad a cameo as you are likely to see.

Lenihan, Wharton and Van Hecke all very good, and Kaminski faultless. 

Nyambe red card perhaps slightly harsh but still foolish from him, both the shove and the late foul.

You say Breretons been poor all season??....

Ok I can agree Brereton has been Brereton 2022 but I hope he will rediscover Diaz on wednesday night.