BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Middlesbrough (h) - 24/1/22

24 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

And just like that, I foresaw a future where Gally follows the Brereton-Diaz path and renames to Sam Fucking Gallagher. Instantly he becomes the next goalscoring sensation at Rovers, single-handedly fistfucking teams, and begins a trend of players switching names to devastating effect, forever changing the game.

Worked for Steadinho for a season. 

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead

There’s not much I can say that hasn’t already been said, apart from I’m absolutely delighted with tonight and it felt pivotal.

What a team, what a club, what a win.

You love to see it.

• Like 9

That was excellent. We played most of our football in the first half and defended for our lives in the second half. That was the most committed Rovers performances I’ve seen for a while. Some of it wasn’t pretty but it was a performance full of guts. Win, lose or draw that’s all I ever ask. We rode our luck at times but last week we got none. I didn’t see this coming but what do I know about football !

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 5

19 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

God knows these young lads deserve the backing of a big home support.

But we know part of the problem they can’t see or understand the good that is happening in the club nor can they see that they are actually missing some great football on show and please please please don’t just tell me it’s venkys ! And yes there are other reasons or excuses but like the poster says the players deserve support 

Really gritty determined performance tonight, the exact opposite of the horror show at Hull. Fantastic three points with  a patched up side.

No real downside in the circumstances but Edun had an absolute nightmare at LB and proved if any proof were actually needed that Nyambe type replacements aren't just readily available from the lower divisions.

2 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

But we know part of the problem they can’t see or understand the good that is happening in the club nor can they see that they are actually missing some great football on show and please please please don’t just tell me it’s venkys ! And yes there are other reasons or excuses but like the poster says the players deserve support 

The "problem" is the ridiculous walk on prices imposed by Waggott!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Tonight reminded me why football and Rovers in particular have been a big part of my life. It was football as it should be played in my view. Two absolutely committed teams going hell for leather at each other, thunderous challenges and lots of yellow cards. Not too much of the tippy tappy possession based nonsense that bores me rigid. Row Z did us well tonight when we were under the cosh. This was Blackburn against Middlesbrough, two hard, industrial working class towns with lots of pride and the players and fans of both clubs did their towns proud tonight. If course winning is the icing on the cake but football was the winner tonight in my opinion. Hopefully our blip is over and we get back to a run of clean sheets. 

I couldn't pick an outstanding player tonight although some were marginally better than others.

Well said Tony 🍻

2 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Hands up all those who think SG played in his usual position as a wide forward tonight?

He did Jim. Rotated a couple of times with Khadra, but yeah…errrm we play wide forwards mate with Buckley as a false 9 in the middle. 

Gally did fill the middle position for around 10 mins or so towards the end between Butterworth coming on and Zeefuik replacing Buckley. But that was tactical.

• Like 5

What an excellent win, as enjoyable as any all season. Ground out with many key players out.

The 3 centre backs were all equally outstanding, yet again. Kaminski relatively untested. Nyambe a really big addition on the right, Zeefuik showed lots of promise and energy but Nyambe deserves the shirt. Travis and Johnson really battled and were key, and Buckley was excellent. Khadra had a mixed night but I like him (bar one poor one) on corners, some really good deliveries, and Gallagher earnt his excellent goal for a battling display. Clumsy, cumbersome and poor at various things but he grafted and led by example and he does chip in with goals. Delighted for him.

Would be surprised to see anyone disagree that Edun had a shocker and all of their threat came down his side, he is so rash constantly pressing out of position and was lucky that on the numerous times that Jones ran past him, as has been the case when I have seen Boro before his final ball is lacking. Edun was also lucky not to concede a penalty, the question is do we prioritise a left wing back over a central midfielder and have Edun as back up there where he would be less of a liability? Butterworth is also nowhere near good enough, really lethargic cameo from him.

Well played Tony Mowbray, doing us proud.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Why is this sort of post expected from you after a great win? You dont seem to realise that those not attending in the main are floating fans. They dont have as much interest as the core that go every week, they arent missing out as much as you think you would be or any on here (avid fans who regularly post on a messageboard such is the passion) if you wasnt going. 

Its all down to the club to entice more people in. Attendances have gone up recently and the atmosphere has been superb. The players do deserve support and they are 100% getting lots of it.

Massive win. 

Thought we might have missed our chance at half time and unsurprisingly Wilder made changes and they improved.

The last 20 minutes or so showed real doggedness and determination to preserve the lead.

So good to see supporters of other teams acknowledging now that coming to Ewood to play us is a huge challenge and we are a force.

Another one ticked off, 18 to go.

• Like 1

Massive. Huge. Very big.

Whichever way you slice it tonight was so important in so many ways. After a series of drab performances (if not necessarily results) we really needed boys to become men tonight and wow did we step up.

Literally could have burst I was so emotional at the final whistle. 

I feel really proud to be a Blackburn Rovers fanatic at the moment and it's been a really long time since we've been  able to say that.

YAAAAASSSS!

• Like 4

Did anyone see TM fist pump towards the back of the Jack Walker stand at the final whistle? It was almost my favourite moment of the night that. He is “Mister Middlesbrough” after all and you could have forgiven him for being a little more restrained at what would undoubtedly have been a disappointing result for all of his nearest and dearest.

Well done Tony Moany and well done The Rovers 💙🤍 

• Like 2