BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Middlesbrough (h) - 24/1/22

As much as I’m not a fan of Gally absolutely delighted for him he won the game for us and hopefully he gets a buzz off that we need him to get the goals when BBD isn’t. Great win in a very very tight game super 3 points n a big shout out to the defence who were brilliant again. 

• Like 2

Amazing. Absolutely amazing. Can’t believe I doubted us. This is a special group of lads that’s for sure. Delighted for Gally, we needed him to set up tonight and he did. Biggest win of the season by far. You fucking blues come on! 

• Like 6

Wish we had something different to Sweet Caroline though 😂

Superb 3 points and someone said it pre-match about this match showing us what kind of minerals the lads have. Thought they put a great shift in, right when it was needed.

Gallagher had a great game and a bonus sticking one in the net. He’s much better in the air when defending rather an attacking. 

We missed Travis so much against Hull. 

I absolutely love the back 3. So much effort and desire from all of them. Darragh turning into a proper leader! Mad to think Ayala can’t get a game, no better compliment to them all than that. 

Nyambe solid, not really a sniff down that side from them. Good cameo from Zeefuik, looks fast and strong, albeit we didn’t see him defend much. 

That being said, we could easily have conceded at the end and we sat too deep. No depth on the bench, and the difference between bringing on Dolan and Butterworth is pretty big in those situations. 

• Like 3

Fabulous three points. Buckley ran the first half, Tayo and Gallagher combine for the winner, Johnson was good value second half and the only chances created by tactical genius Wilder were from set pieces - for the majority of the game they had no idea what to  do with their possession. Gallagher great effort in the last ten also.

I don’t know about anyone else, but I was in no doubt whatsoever our fabulous defence weren’t going to concede two.

And, ifI was Nyambe, I’d sign that contract before going home.

Made up with that performance, can't fault a single player tonight. Edun had a few shaky moments but looked more assured when Buckley moved over there. I think it just goes to show how crucial Travis is too.

Zeefuik already looks like he's gonna bring some exciting runs to the party, looking forward to him getting more involved.

Dacky with 45 mins under his belt too, its been a good night 😁

• Like 1

There's some Bournemouth fans on their forum going on about how average we are, not realising how big that win was with so many players out.

Did they not get the memo that our lad with 20 goals is in South America tonight? Dopey shites.

Brereton

Pickering

Rothwell

Dolan

Poveda

And Dack long term.

And we are average.

Edited by booth
  • Like 4

Not that it makes it any less uncomfortable but the defence holds up so well under pressure, so many corners and free kicks whipped in and we manage to get a head on most of them. It's a gutsy team who seem to really want it for each other. During the break for the fan treatment Darragh direction Nyambe. They are a bunch of young lads that are a credit to themselves and the club this season.  Brilliant.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, danger19_80 said:

Sam fucking Gallagher!

Or as the commentator on ESPN said, “he has just signed a new contract. They were lucky to keep him”

The toast is Sam Gallagher 🍻

We needed that badly especially after the hold up. 

The game was crying out for Bradley Dack to turn them inside out and get them sent off. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, booth said:

There's some Bournemouth fans on their forum going on about how average we are, not realising how big that win was with so many players out.

Did they not get the memo that our lad with 20 goals is in South America tonight? Dopey shites.

Imagine being a Bournemouth fan, utterly pointless club. 

• Like 3