BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Watford (h) - 13/9/22 (possibly)…

Crazy to think we couldn't beat Stoke or Bristol City in our own back yard. Sheff Utd destroyed us and Reading humiliated us but Watford? 

Yeah no worries mate.

This is what we'll have to get used to. Inconsistent results. Play brilliantly against Watford and then put in a truly abysmal performance against Luton/Millwall.

• Like 2

I had to miss most of the game because I had something else I had to do, only caught the last 10 or so, but I can tell from the stats we were fully in control.

Shots on target:

Us - 6

Watford - 2

Shots off target:

Us - 7

Watford - 1

Sounds like three good CBs is making us hard to break down again, just like last season.

5 minutes ago, J*B said:

Ratings are now live! 

https://www.brfcs.com/magazine/football/match/880827/blackburn-watford?tab=voting

Some high votes this evening from me. What a performance. Carter, Hyam, Ayala, Wharton, Travis, Dolan and Hedges all have a case for MOTM. 

Hyam or ayala.  Though Travis was excellent.  

14 minutes ago, superniko said:

Hard to know how much to take into account just how poor Watford were. Not seen many worse performances than that 1st half. Looked like they were throwing it almost. 

Never the less, back 3 were great. Hyam looks superb and suddenly CB looks like our strongest position in the squad (finally!) 
Great energy and like chalk and cheese compared to Bristol City and Stoke City matches. 

They were really poor last season in the Premier League. Big job to organise that lot, it's a team full of individuals where the best have already left. Credit to us for making them look like they belong another level below tonight. Morton the best player on the pitch for me, but a lot of top performances tonight.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Crazy to think we couldn't beat Stoke or Bristol City in our own back yard. Sheff Utd destroyed us and Reading humiliated us but Watford? 

Yeah no worries mate.

This is what we'll have to get used to. Inconsistent results. Play brilliantly against Watford and then put in a truly abysmal performance against Luton/Millwall.

Nah... Its all the system imo. If wed played 343 against Bristol and Stoke we would have got results.

The difference now is we can settle into this and dominate games. Back three superb - Hyam, Wharton and Ayala are as good as you get this level - and our front three very good also. Travis excellent at his role Morton not so sure about but we have Buckley and Adam Wharton to compete.

Maybe I'm wrong, we can see over the next 10 games, but I think today was a major corner turned.

• Like 3