BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Millwall (h) 01/10/2022

I think it is a very good win at the start of a grueling set of fixtures. I expect relative heavy rotation in the weeks to come. Try to avoid injury to key players etc. I think the run-in before the WC will have some twist and turns and makes the league impossible to predict in my opinion. I’ll take every win with a smile at this point. COYB!

13 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

That's the one!

I hope too but just don't expect much.

I always remember some of the players Souness brought in when he arrived and paid relatively large sums for in the championship that came with a lot of hype but went on to be pretty average at best for us (I'm thinking per frandsen, craig hignett and a few other squad players) but in the end it was mainly our home grown players that got us promoted 

3 minutes ago, pick32 said:

For me George Hirst was an utter embarrassment, pulled out of two 60/30,s in his favour. Put him on the u23 or send him back, shocking player

Yeah I saw one, it was literally for him to win but he almost pulled out and let their player win it, led to Millwall breaking forward & possibly getting a chance. 

At the moment I don’t rate him or Gally however Gally is just nudging his way due to the effort he puts in.

Edited by BankEnd Rover
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, pick32 said:

For me George Hirst was an utter embarrassment, pulled out of two 60/30,s in his favour. Put him on the u23 or send him back, shocking player

Plays more like Paul McKinnons son than David Hirst’s

Edited by Stonesrick

4 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

I always remember some of the players Souness brought in when he arrived and paid relatively large sums for in the championship that came with a lot of hype but went on to be pretty average at best for us (I'm thinking per frandsen, craig hignett and a few other squad players) but in the end it was mainly our home grown players that got us promoted 

Kiddo signed Frandsen. I wish we had a Craig Hignett now. Have a look at some of the goals he scored.

• Like 9

9 minutes ago, pick32 said:

For me George Hirst was an utter embarrassment, pulled out of two 70/30,s in his favour. Put him on the u23 or send him back, shocking player

Turns like the titanic too. All the talk of Dack not suiting JDTs press style, this guy who we went out to get surely doesn’t. Runs through treacle. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

I don't think souness signed per pederson.  Or am I thinking of per frandsen

Exactly what was expected against Millwall to be honest, bit would have been nice to see a better performance. 

Alas, we're 6th and we'd have taken that at this stage. The league is as wide open as ever.

Dingle pal saying its the worst they've played this season today, will be interesting to see if we do any better at Cardiff....

im`e not sure what jdt is up to with this short passing mularkey,there is a time and place for it but not all the time,it leads us into dangerous situations and if millwall had anything up front we possibly would`nt have got three points

can`t complain at three points with mowbray already making his presence felt at sunderland(he had the right winger on the left and the left on the right!!) and middlesborough in the bottom three,lenihan not even in the squad😆

Millwall are a horrible side with an even horrible manager in Rowett.

I will gladly take the 3 points, get the team chilled out for the epic journey into South Wales. For me, Rovers needed a Dack central to the formation but I fear his longevity at Ewood is coming to an end unless he can get himself in the starting 11.

We move on and put the points in the bag

Important 3 points that, allows Tomasson the breathing space to do whatever it is he wants to do,without looking over his shoulder at the table. 

I don't know where the idea comes from that he has a weak squad to choose from, when his own signings can't get a game, and the under 21's beat United 6-1.

To me, we're more suited to playing away, on the break, than trying to break down a packed defence at home. A poor performance today, but a cracking, important 3 points, the knack now is to follow it up with at least a point against Cardiff. 

Edited by M_B
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Poor performance but a wins a win. We really miss the likes of Rothwell IMO. 

Might be an unpopular opinion but there’s a player in Szmodics. Got a neat touch.

Of the 3 players who left , we are really  missing Rothwell , the others no...

• Like 3

5 hours ago, joey_big_nose said:

6-1 now bloody hell! Don't recognise any of the Man Utd player names but that is a hell of a scoreline. Anyone at the game? How are the first team players doing?

Impressed with Edun as a left wing-back, Adam Wharton is majestic, Mola is not a center-half, JRC poor, Vale missed more than he scored, Leonard is physical and strong.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rigger said:

Impressed with Edun as a left wing-back, Adam Wharton is majestic, Mola is not a center-half, JRC poor, Vale missed more than he scored, Leonard is physical and strong.

What is Wharton doing with the under 23s? Twice in a row now. Needs to be in the squad every game now. It’s not like we have any other half decent CM options on the bench either.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, rigger said:

Somehow, through a mate, I ended up in the player's lounge post game and Adam said Utd just didn't turn up. Turgid is the word, bloody awful game, should have scored them off the park. Black Bull again the best bit of the day!

5 minutes ago, rigger said:

JRC needs a move in January. He’s done here. 

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

What is Wharton doing with the under 23s? Twice in a row now. Needs to be in the squad every game now. It’s not like we have any other half decent CM options on the bench either.

His dad says they are managing his work load, should be in the squad for Tuesday.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Particularly when you consider how similar Travis and Morton are as players. At times today it was like they were tethered together. Wharton will give us something different and poses a threat going forward, something Travis and Morton haven't done for some time now.

• Like 2