BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Sheffield Wednesday (h) - 21/04/2024

10 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Please don’t shout at the players! It upsets them, especially the captain.

It's a built in behaviour with these players. I've lost count of how many pre match press conferences I've heard whilst under Eustace, when the players come out with this bile about the fans needing to back them.

It's actually offensive, as I genuinely believe the players are well backed in relation to have much shite the fans have to chomp on regarding the running of the club. It's an easy excuse, a cowardly excuse.

• Like 4

I first went to Ewood in 1962. In that time I’ve seen some poor, poor keepers. These two though - Pears and Wahlstedt - are the worst two I’ve personally ever seen.

Nor do I mean the worst two Rovers keepers.  I mean the worst two I’ve seen anywhere.

However, none of the players are to blame for the current situation. The club is run by incompetent people starting with the owners, all the way down. 

• Like 6

I had to laugh at the Wednesday fans urging the ref to blow his whistle at FT. Hardly like they were under constant attacking pressure from our lot! 

Wouldn't have been surprised to see us back pass a penalty on the basis of that "gutsy" second half performance. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I've just seen the goals on tv and I'm staggered that Pears tries to blame Hyam for his aberration for the third goal. He is compounding his embarrassment. And for their second Brittain looks like he is towing a caravan trying to keep up with the Wednesday full back who scored. Under normal circumstances there would be wholesale changes for the Coventry game but I'm beginning to fear that Eustace isn't comfortable making big decisions that might upset players. His all too cosying up to the players just doesn't sit right with me. 

Agree with this, I cant think of a single big call hes made with the players. Always picks the most obvious XI. Hasnt punished players for poor performances. Hasnt rested anyone. I dont think hes dropped anyone except when injured/ suspended? Which given the results being relegation form is a bit surprising.

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Agree with this, I cant think of a single big call hes made with the players. Always picks the most obvious XI. Hasnt punished players for poor performances. Hasnt rested anyone. I dont think hes dropped anyone except when injured/ suspended? Which given the results being relegation form is a bit surprising.

thats why the players are slacking,there is no accountability for poor peformances,the players see eustace as a pushover,thats obvious

Low ratings all around, but I must've watched a different match to a  lot on here. I thought JRC was atrocious, and when he wasn't lumping the ball forward he lost possession in a variety of ways. Tronstad unusual sloppy as well, and Brittain was so poor. Dolan and Gallagher really struggles in matches like this, where there's too much space between our lines, and we can't get enough bodies fast enough forward. I really hope we play four at the back again versus Coventry and find a place for Ayari in the team. Would give Pickering a rest too, tbh. 

Based on errors, Hyam and Pears should sit that match out as well, but can't see that happening.

• Like 4

Huddersfield play Birmingham at home what a game...a win for Huddersfield will probably mean we need one point from our last games. Huddersfield will then play Ipswich away and Birmingham play inform Norwich at home.

Plymouth got Millwall away and Hull är Home. Hull chasing a play off place.

Wednesday play at home to West Brom and then away to Sunderland.

Edited by neophox

1 hour ago, Gav said:

That Pears performance today was abysmal, no doubt about that. But his outstanding performance at Elland Rd last week will probably be enough to keep us up.

That said, he needs replacing. 

Just as a side note, Coventry were down and out a few years ago, no ground, no owners, no money, no future, just sayin………

I won't be sleeping well at night until we beat Coventry. Birmingham will be on better goal difference if they win at Hudds and we lose, and Plymouth need a draw to pass us. Sheffield Wednesday have hope now and can see them beating Sunderland away on the final day of the season to send us down.

• Like 2

An absolute disgrace from start to finish, I said to my son (8) this morning that we’d get a draw at best. The mentality of this bunch of players is that after last week the job is done. Turned up today believing they’d waltz around and take all 3 points. Genuinely embarrassed by the team this afternoon. 

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

Low ratings all around, but I must've watched a different match to a  lot on here. I thought JRC was atrocious, and when he wasn't lumping the ball forward he lost possession in a variety of ways. Tronstad unusual sloppy as well, and Brittain was so poor. Dolan and Gallagher really struggles in matches like this, where there's too much space between our lines, and we can't get enough bodies fast enough forward. I really hope we play four at the back again versus Coventry and find a place for Ayari in the team. Would give Pickering a rest too, tbh. 

Based on errors, Hyam and Pears should sit that match out as well, but can't see that happening.

I think JRC has been generally garbage since returning from injury, he seems to be under the impression he’s a much better player than he is. He gives the ball away cheaply so often and is challenging Buckley for the walking booking trophy. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

I won't be sleeping well at night until we beat Coventry. Birmingham will be on better goal difference if they win at Hudds and we lose, and Plymouth need a draw to pass us. Sheffield Wednesday have hope now and can see them beating Sunderland away on the final day of the season to send us down.

We were 25/1 to go down this morning. We are still 9/1 which seems crazy to me, given how bad we are.

Im clinging on to the hope that the bookies don’t normally get it wrong. 

21 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

Yeah JRC lumped it up at least half a dozen times which gave them the ball back…Quality has been poor all season but today it was some the worst.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I watched the FA Cup game this afternoon and Roy Keane in the after match comments on Man Utd said an interesting thing " this set of players are extremely difficult to like “. 

Just how I feel about the current Rovers team.

Spot on summation..whatever the outcome thank God we have only two more games to suffer in this aberration of a Season.

All season = one step forward,then three steps back.Just so sick of it.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, den said:

I first went to Ewood in 1962. In that time I’ve seen some poor, poor keepers. These two though - Pears and Wahlstedt - are the worst two I’ve personally ever seen.

Nor do I mean the worst two Rovers keepers.  I mean the worst two I’ve seen anywhere.

If your goalie is a mistake waiting to happen then it rapidly undermines the confidence of the rest of the team.

IMO, after the calamitous third, Sammie wasn't saying to Gallagher we need 2 goals now but rather saying Pears had cost us 2 goals - Sammie must despair after his Herculean efforts this season and I'm pretty certain he will be seen at Ewood in a Rovers' shirt for the last time come Saturday.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, lraC said:

We were 25/1 to go down this morning. We are still 9/1 which seems crazy to me, given how bad we are.

Im clinging on to the hope that the bookies don’t normally get it wrong. 

A lot is down to the fact that Huddersfield play Birmingham. They both cannot catch us, so there is only one spot left on that basis, with the likelihood that it goes to the other of those two. 
We basically want Huddersfield to win that, which means Birmingham can’t catch us and Huddersfield would have to beat Ipswich away (assuming we lose both). Draw is next best, Birmingham win and we lose to Cov and it’ll be a sweaty final weekend 

32 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I watched the FA Cup game this afternoon and Roy Keane in the after match comments on Man Utd said an interesting thing -  “ this set of players are extremely difficult to like “. 

Just how I feel about the current Rovers team.

The softest, most gutless, most entitled and most unlikeable group of Rovers players I have ever seen. Szmodics aside and without him the rest of them would be where they deserve to be.

• Like 6

• K-Hod unpinned this topic
6 minutes ago, superniko said:

A lot is down to the fact that Huddersfield play Birmingham. They both cannot catch us, so there is only one spot left on that basis, with the likelihood that it goes to the other of those two. 
We basically want Huddersfield to win that, which means Birmingham can’t catch us and Huddersfield would have to beat Ipswich away (assuming we lose both). Draw is next best, Birmingham win and we lose to Cov and it’ll be a sweaty final weekend 

If we lose our remaining two games then Birmingham could still catch us even if they lose to Huddersfield. It will be down to goal difference then

Edited by Ewood Ace

4 minutes ago, superniko said:

Birmingham can still catch if they lose on Saturday and we lose. It’s going down to the last round of matches if we lose V Coventry. 

Edited by lraC

32 minutes ago, neophox said:

Huddersfield play Birmingham at home what a game...a win for Huddersfield will probably mean we need one point from our last games. Huddersfield will then play Ipswich away and Birmingham play inform Norwich at home.

Plymouth got Millwall away and Hull är Home. Hull chasing a play off place.

Wednesday play at home to West Brom and then away to Sunderland.

Norwich may well have secured a play off berth by then and change the whole team. Their manager has form for doing this, indeed it was his and Huddersfield’s generosity that saw big club stay up at our expense in the Mowbray relegation season.

Edited by Penwortham Blue
  • Like 2