BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

• Backroom
34 minutes ago, windymiller7 said:

Oh Paul, don't get our hopes up again, please.

Incidently, if he'd fronted up on Thurs morning & walked, I'd actually have had a bit of respect for him. As it happens,  after today's comments I have, and always will have zero respect. Turning fans against each other, blaming everything but himself, saying we should be grateful etc. Kean level now, make no mistake. 

This ☝️☝️☝️

Reminds me of a Tuckerism:

Look, people really like it when you go just a bit early! You know, steely jawed, faraway look in your eyes! Before they get to the point when they sitting round in pubs and say "Oh, that fucker's got to go!", you surprise them! "Blimey, he's gone! I didn't expect that! Resigned! You don't see THAT much anymore! Old school! Respect! I rather liked the guy! He was hounded out by the fucking press!"

• Like 3

The most sickening thing is that he's partly right in that if we win saturday and pick up even just a point in the following game then this will all be forgotten about again by the majority of the walking dead at Ewood on matchdays 😞

we've been going around in this circle for years now, I hoped like many that the humiliation against Fulham would/should finally have brought it all to an halt, but no seemingly not. 

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Gav said:

The past 10yrs has proven that despite constant managerial changes the club continues to decline JH, not bolstering a notion, its there for everyone to see.

We've had CEO after CEO and manager after manager, its not hard to see that the problems are in Pune not Blackburn, but change the manager, you never know unless you try.

But a word of caution, the posters on here tonight wanted the Barnsley manager last season, he's on the scrap heap, Chris Houghton too and lets not forget Mick McCarthy, Mark Robbin will be next.....

Mowbray has outlasted all of those managers, done a far better job than them all.

Treading water is acceptable to me until we get rid of these owners, Mowbray is a steady hand until that day comes. 

I'd take Valerien Ismael over Mowbray tomorrow Gav. I'd chip money in to pay for his taxi from the midlands if he's game.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, martonrover said:

Valerien Ismael is not on the scrap heap.

Wednesday night signalled a clear warning that serious decline is imminent under this manager.

Correct Marton, my apologies I thought he'd been fired, Barnsley could do with him back and quick!

We were beaten by the best side in the division on Wednesday, played most of the game with 10 men. Last Saturday 1500 Rovers fans bounced up the motorway with 3 points from Derby on the back of 3 points in the last home game, its hardly a serious decline but I understand the knee jerk after a trouncing.

Edited by Gav
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Displaced Rover said:

I've just made the terrible mistake of venturing into the LT comments section on the Mowbray article. Some of the crap on there is unbelievable. I'm not sure whether it's club plants, Dingles on the wind up or if the shared brain cell is on the blink. What will it take for those clowns to see the reality of the situation?

I fear we could be in the for a very fractured winter in the stands, the seeds of division seem to be firmly planted, exacerbated further my Mowbray's nonsense today.

made the same mistake myself yesterday! couldnt believe what i was reading!

1 hour ago, Wheelton Blue said:

On Wednesday, I think it was a sense of astonishment at what was going on which perhaps prevented any visible fan dissent.

IMO, people are wisening up to it and are on the edge of letting rip.

It’s a game like tomorrow where there will be a good away atmosphere where ALL Rovers fans can and should stand together and not just support the team but voice discontent 

Mowbray quite clearly has underestimated the Rovers fans and continues to disrespect them.

1 hour ago, Gav said:

Treading water is acceptable to me until we get rid of these owners, Mowbray is a steady hand until that day comes. 

Are we really treading water - or slowly drowning ? We have a fan base in terminal decline, huge debts and a manager who is quickly alienating large parts of the fan base. I would also argue that his recent comments and the biggest home defeat in our history are a million miles away from a steady hand. 

I appreciate there is a possibility of "be careful what you wish for" - but the club is going stale, the owners are going nowhere - at least a change of manager might reignite the fan base and possibly the players.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, windymiller7 said:

Oh Paul, don't get our hopes up again, please.

Incidently, if he'd fronted up on Thurs morning & walked, I'd actually have had a bit of respect for him. As it happens,  after today's comments I have, and always will have zero respect. Turning fans against each other, blaming everything but himself, saying we should be grateful etc. Kean level now, make no mistake. 

It’s horrific what he’s done since the the match. No apologies and bouncing all the criticism off onto others.

I just feel that the end is close. Just a gut feeling

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

Are we really treading water - or slowly drowning ? We have a fan base in terminal decline, huge debts and a manager who is quickly alienating large parts of the fan base. I would also argue that his recent comments and the biggest home defeat in our history are a million miles away from a steady hand. 

I appreciate there is a possibility of "be careful what you wish for" - but the club is going stale, the owners are going nowhere - at least a change of manager might reignite the fan base and possibly the players.

He isn't alienating large parts of the fanbase DMTP, hardly a dissenting voice according to fans at the game on Wednesday.

Mowbray will keep us in this league, mid table is our level whether people like it or not and he'll continue to achieve that even with the smallest inexperienced squad I can ever remember at Ewood.

The bottom line is the owners are the problem, not the manager. 

36 minutes ago, Gav said:

Correct Marton, my apologies I thought he'd been fired, Barnsley could do with him back and quick!

We were beaten by the best side in the division on Wednesday, played most of the game with 10 men. Last Saturday 1500 Rovers fans bounced up the motorway with 3 points from Derby on the back of 3 points in the last home game, its hardly a serious decline but I understand the knee jerk after a trouncing.

It’s not just about this season. It’s about a number of seasons and a pattern.

Away support doesn’t help the club’s finances. The home attendances are amongst the worst in the league.

When people like Parson are saying they no longer care, and long termers like myself are no longer going, you know there are serious problems.

Even with ten men against a decent side, a seven nil home defeat is disgraceful.

The club badly needs a change of direction, and short of new owners, the manager would be that change.

We need someone to voice intent and ambition, even if it might be a while before those intentions can be realised.

• Like 7

22 minutes ago, Gav said:

He isn't alienating large parts of the fanbase DMTP, hardly a dissenting voice according to fans at the game on Wednesday.

Mowbray will keep us in this league, mid table is our level whether people like it or not and he'll continue to achieve that even with the smallest inexperienced squad I can ever remember at Ewood.

The bottom line is the owners are the problem, not the manager. 

The owners are the main problem it doesnt mean the manager isnt a problem aswell.

He more or less said today that the best we can hope for under him is mid table.Unless he gets 100 million to spend ffs.

The list of managers you gave above are all better managers than Mowbray.

I just want a manager with a little ambition and doesnt talk us down constantly.

• Like 5

Mowbray in tonight's LT:

''Tony Mowbray says he isn’t affected by ‘background noise’ and questioned the negativity surrounding the club as he looks for his players to come out fighting in the wake of Rovers’ heaviest ever home defeat''

Is this arrogant Two Hat sarcastically referring to the genuine worries of Rovers fans as 'background noise'?

He's questioning the negativity surrounding the Club?

This bloke is on a knife edge for me.😡

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Ghost7 said:

He will be gone soon as the form is going to get a hell of a lot worse; it's inevitable under him and fan patience seems close to a toxic level of thin. The owner's might want to spend a bit in January too and I doubt they'll want him involved in that. 

That implies that the owners are invested in the club, are monitoring performance closely and that is before considering the unfortunately naive scenario of a spending spree in January. They probably are none the wiser that we lost 7 nil.

The likes of Mercer and Paul Mani clutching at straws having said a million and one times over the last couple of years that a Mowbray exit is imminent does nothing to make me feel even 1% confident that he won't at least last the season.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, islander200 said:

The owners are the main problem it doesnt mean the manager isnt a problem aswell.

He more or less said today that the best we can hope for under him is mid table.Unless he gets 100 million to spend ffs.

The list of managers you gave above are all better managers than Mowbray.

I just want a manager with a little ambition and doesnt talk us down constantly.

Your first line is spot on, I couldn't agree more.

I agree with him, the gulf between Premiership clubs coming down and mid table clubs like us is massive, he's just being honest. Look at the teams that went up last season, look at the teams that will go up this season, but budgets, big wages and flush with Premiership money. We can't pay the wages of a poor loan signings that nobody else wants, the taps been turned off.

As for the list of managers, both McCarthy and Houghton have just been fired after disastrous tenures with clubs plummeting towards league one, Mowbray has us mid table, a position both those managers would have given right arms for.

Nothing wrong with an ambitious manager, I agree with you islander, we deserve better, much better.

Edited by Gav

7 hours ago, Displaced Rover said:

Another thing that’s jumped out of this interview. What is this weird ongoing obsession he has with categorising footballers (all adults) between “men” and “boys”? It’s like he’s living in some sort of weird Oliver Twist style fantasy world…

He's been saying that for the past 3 years or so. He likes "men with boots on" whatever the fuck that's supposed to mean. Alludes to Sheff Utd having "men in their 30s" not a young side like us. Maybe explains why he spunked millions in wages to the useless Bennett and Evans and a has been Mulgrew and to get Downing back here to sit on his arse for 6 months. Go back to when he was appointed here. Questioned the need for an academy  and was all for closing it so money could be spent on 1st team squad. To get journeyman in their 30s no doubt. Men with fucking boots on ffs

• Like 2