BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

Whos going to flip-flop their opinion first? Hope its not chaddy as I'm starting to like his posts.  I'm sure the let crew will be creaming tonight.  This result changes nothing. A win against an atrocious side has no impact on my opinion of Mowbray.  So many poor sides in this league.  Just takes a good manager to get out of it

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Whos going to flip-flop their opinion first? Hope its not chaddy as I'm starting to like his posts.  I'm sure the let crew will be creaming tonight.  This result changes nothing. A win against an atrocious side has no impact on my opinion of Mowbray.  So many poor sides in this league.  Just takes a good manager to get out of it

Which Mowbray is not.

He'll no doubt waffle on again about "the journey" and how we're on course to challenge next season .

Always jam tomorrow with him.

And tomorrow never arrives but his pension pot will be topping up a treat.

• Like 1

The bi-polar nature of social media is a phenomenon of our time. The Screen Grabber (formerly of this parish) has slagged off pretty much every utterance of TM and Waggott for weeks... today :

‘Inveterate gloom purveyors will have to have a night off unless they find out the new Brockhall won’t have any showers but a minibus to Ewood will be laid on after training’

I suppose it’s a calculation on which way the wind is blowing to get those precious serotonin releasing re-tweets....

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

The bi-polar nature of social media is a phenomenon of our time. The Screen Grabber (formerly of this parish) has slagged off pretty much every utterance of TM and Waggott for weeks... today :

‘Inveterate gloom purveyors will have to have a night off unless they find out the new Brockhall won’t have any showers but a minibus to Ewood will be laid on after training’

I suppose it’s a calculation on which way the wind is blowing to get those precious serotonin releasing re-tweets....

Some people really don't get the Brockhall thing do they?

• Like 2

• Backroom

Mowbray wasn't leaving before the end of the season anyway, so I'm thankful for any wins that drag us closer to the 50 point line.

Fairly sure he'll still be here at the start of next season as well, regardless of where we finish. He's surely one of the safest managers in any league, able to openly discuss how he is immune from results that would get any other manager sacked. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Everyone needs to feel they are right - even though the team is still in 15th, 4 from 24, some tough teams coming up and Mowbray always being one crazy decision away from a death spiral.

• Like 1

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Some people really don't get the Brockhall thing do they?

Young ‘uns I kind of get it, they’ve only known this shell version of Blackburn Rovers.

But for someone like him, who was actually involved with the club at the time we were being pulled up by our bootstraps, the lack of pride in the legacy left in the form of fantastic facilities and the shoulder shrugging to the gutting of infrastructure is something I just can’t get my head around.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, booth said:

Everyone needs to feel they are right - even though the team is still in 15th, 4 from 24, some tough teams coming up and Mowbray always being one crazy decision away from a death spiral.

It's eighteen points from the last eighteen League games now I think plus a defeat to Doncaster in the FA Cup.

If we have a storming end to the season then the last seven games can fairly be described as a blip but right now we're still in appalling form which is why the three points were so vital today.

And "the blips" are too frequent and too lengthy under TM to ever get anywhere.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, DE. said:

Mowbray wasn't leaving before the end of the season anyway, so I'm thankful for any wins that drag us closer to the 50 point line.

Fairly sure he'll still be here at the start of next season as well, regardless of where we finish. He's surely one of the safest managers in any league, able to openly discuss how he is immune from results that would get any other manager sacked. 

There’s no actual ambition to get promoted, that’s fairly obvious in the way the club is structured and run. So on what grounds would he be sacked as long as we are comfortable enough in the Championship? (Losing money hand over fist aside, but there’s no ambition to stem that either, short term cash grab at Brockhall aside).

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, DE. said:

Basically this.

He wasn't going anywhere but I was definitely concerned we were heading back to league 1 with our current form.

We needed those 3 points and we'll need more yet to be sure.

No doubts Mowbray will be here next season for another season of the same.

Edited by davulsukur
  • Like 1

Next season will be just the same so we'd better just dig in !

For the 'clappers' we know this club has more than most you can see that from games like Oxford and when Liverpool come to town.

Feck em leave em to it they've not had an outing on social media in any number for over a month.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Displaced Rover said:

The comments on the Rovers instagram on the full time score are disgusting. The amount of happy clappers. There's one suggesting an extension... I genuinely don't think that's even a troll.

Rovers twitter followers 

giphy-5.gif

• Like 5

The standard win interrupting a Mowbray death spiral to keep his job. No-one is expecting anything from the next 4 games anyway. It would be different were we expecting a top 6 finish. Of course, now we have to win every match to stand a chance of getting there. That is not seen as 'realistic'.

As an inveterate gloom purveyor, I hold fast to the view that we will not be promoted back to the Premier League under Mowbray. You know, via the playoffs, the minimum target for Mowbray this season.

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Stuart said:

It amazes me that it only takes a single win for some people to start their sanctimonious crap.

We could lose the next four and win the fifth and the same thing would happen.

It’s just bizarre.

Because they have a Mowbray love-in. We never criticise the club. We're holier than thou

Despite today win I still believe need a change of manager who can achieve the aim of getting us back to the Premier League. 

I respect fans views that want to stick with Mowbray in the long term and thats their right. We can discussed the issues and topics in a respectful way. Me and Dan Clough have different views on Mowbray's future but we both want the best for Blackburn Rovers Football Club

• Like 6

Whilst ultimately glad to see Rovers take 3 points it’s tempered by Mowbray again getting what appears to be a lifeline however the strings keeping him at Rovers must be seriously frayed!

Going to be interesting how he approaches the next 2 games!

• Like 1

Let’s avoid relegation for now. If we have to suffer Tony and his favourites plus tombola midfield then for now so be it.

It’s just a shame that Venkys have no interest and/or no clue and/or no ambition or we would have someone new in now assessing what was needed before the Summer window and pre-season.

This should be Waggott’s job but he clearly has no interest in change either.

On top of covid restrictions we will now have “we can’t talk about season tickets until we know which division we will be in”.

• Like 3