BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

ROVERS V COVENTRY 27/2/2021

6 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

So it's Sunday morning and after a season that promised so much we are reduced to scraping a draw against Coventry at home...what a shambles.To be honest most of our Team look disinterested never mind the awful,past his welcome 'Manager'.

God only knows what the crowds will be at Ewood next Season if this lot are still in charge,add training facilities being scaled down and the future ain't looking too bright.

Rovers fans don't deserve this shyte.

Many fans don’t even think things are particularly bleak. ‘Need to be realistic, small club now’, ‘Bolton’.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 6

4 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Many fans don’t even think things are particularly bleak. ‘Need to be realistic, small club now’, ‘Bolton’.

I’ve said it before we have a high percentage of stupid fans but doesn’t mean they should be taken seriously. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mattyblue said:

Oh I don’t, as I’ve said they are being amplified due to empty stadiums.

There are some people who only need to be told not to stick a fork in the toaster. Some people can work out not to do it for themselves. However, there are some people that need to stick it in to see what happens. Sadly, this lot will have to see what happens by keeping Mowbray on. 

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, matt83 said:

There are some people who only need to be told not to stick a fork in the toaster. Some people can work out not to do it for themselves. However, there are some people that need to stick it in to see what happens. Sadly, this lot will have to see what happens by keeping Mowbray on. 

There are those that do it twice because the first time might just have been bad luck...

• Like 5

2 hours ago, WIR Second Coming said:

Ah, I get your drift, but I think you've overlooked things that are a direct 'end result' of this...

• Disaffected fans
  • Disorientated players
  • Loss of Cat 1 status
  • Season ticket sales going off a cliff
  • Owners said to be displeased  'couldn't give a feck'
  • Strikers playing as wingers or left-backs
  • Most players out of contract or back to their own clubs at the end of another bewildering season
  • Tactical nous of a fly round a lightbulb
  • Facial expressions more normally associated with 1950s toothless bloke competitions
  • Young prospects sent out on loan so that Rovers can pay through the nose to blood other club's puppies
  • A slow burn (yes - the club is slowly burning down around our ears)
  • 170 fine new properties on the ground where Uncle Jack had a vision of a flagship training facility forever
  • Drizzle cake all round...

.... to name but a few 'end products'.

My quote was a light hearted reply to an earlier post. I do realise that there are a lot of bad end products to Mowbrays football. But in these troubled times I try not to let them get me down. At my age I only have time for the good things

• Like 2

The club lead by this manager and CEO are just setting themselves to sit in the middle of this div.  Developing players with our development performance related coach and his staff.  What that really means is shoehorning people in wherever and having systems of play to accommodate rather than the strongest 11 consistently.  Passed off as having to set out to try and stop the opposition so we can dominated possession and win games.

It is the sum total of this lots capabilities so we have to operate at their level because he's a nice guy and we might get worse.  That in reality is what this is they won't upgrade to try and go up a level so we have to operate at the level of capabilities of those in charge.

Doesn't matter that his squad is capable of better because trying to change it is too much bother, too expensive and all the rest.  I'd say the owners are in on it but when they are allegedly slapping 25 mill on Armstrong they clearly don't want to sell.  

So it's a bit odd that we them seem so desperate for cash they are going to try and sell fixed assets ?   Something isn't adding up again at all down there this has all the hallmarks of when silly prices were first slapped on Rhodes. He eventually left for very little real profit.

Who's beavering away in the middle of all this i wonder ?

According to the comments on the LT, it’s Rich Sharpe’s fault for being too negative. ‘Peter White would be more balanced’

Ha! Peter White would have gone after Mowbray, Waggott, the lot like a terrier. He had standards and could smell BS a mile away.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19123970.verdict-no-sign-panic-rovers-winless-run/

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Verdict: No sense of panic from Rovers during winless run | Lancashire Telegraph

Those inside the club won’t be unaware of the issues and mounting criticism, yet there appears very little sense of panic, at least not outwardly, manager Tony Mowbray and chief executive Steve Waggott both making reference to an ‘extraordinary’ season, citing the schedule and injuries as mitigating factors for a campaign that has so far brought three more defeats than victories.

Don't forget chaps, Rovers are the only club in the EFL/PL who have had to deal with injuries and a hectic fixture schedule. Covid only affected Rovers - the other 91 clubs started their season back in early August as normal.

He makes my blood boil

Disingenuous as usual, for example we didn’t have a single midweek game in January, we got ourselves knocked out of the League Cup in September, out of the FA Cup at the first hurdle by the mighty Doncaster.

We certainly haven’t had a schedule as onerous as some of our rivals..

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Disingenuous as usual, for example we didn’t have a single midweek game in January, we got ourselves knocked out of the League Cup in September, out of the FA Cup at the first hurdle by the mighty Doncaster.

We certainly haven’t had a schedule as onerous as some of our rivals..

It's just Pathetic,the whole damn lot.No direction,no purpose...very little 'Arte Et Labore'.

But nobody at the Club appears to give a shyte,nobody under pressure to deliver.You Reap what you Sow Rovers,mark my words with the Crowds.There is only so much bollocks even the most staunch of fans will take and its always been that way at Ewood for as long as I can remember.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194
  • Like 4

• Moderation Lead
1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

According to the comments on the LT, it’s Rich Sharpe’s fault for being too negative. ‘Peter White would be more balanced’

Ha! Peter White would have gone after Mowbray, Waggott, the lot like a terrier. He had standards and could smell BS a mile away.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19123970.verdict-no-sign-panic-rovers-winless-run/

Makes me laugh when people go on about balance. In other words ‘it’s not aligned with my point of view, so it’s unbalanced’.

• Like 5

40 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

It's just Pathetic,the whole damn lot.No direction,no purpose...very little 'Arte Et Labore'.

But nobody at the Club appears to give a shyte,nobody under pressure to deliver.You Reap what you Sow Rovers,mark my words with the Crowds.There is only so much bollocks even the most staunch of fans will take and its always been that way at Ewood for as long as I can remember.

Yes indeed. You can only get away with pissing in my ear and trying to tell me it's raining for so long. Even the most ardent fan has a limit.

• Like 5

14 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I met a girl from East Kilbride back in the Summer of 1970 who could do a good one, it was during summer hols from school and World Cup on TV

She’s one of my tenants now. When she found out I was a Rovers fan she said “I knew a lad from that neck of the woods 50 years ago. I hope he got over his little problem” 😂😂😂

Just kidding mate. I’ve worked in EK for the last 6 years, cracking place 🍻

20 hours ago, Stonesrick said:

Spoke to my lad after that abject performance and he asked me if whilst watching the Rovers for nearly 60 years has there been a team during that time that have been so utterly clueless with throw ins, free kicks or corners?

It took me 0.10 secs to think about that and no prizes for what my answer was.

What on earth goes on down at the Village?

We really are, can't even pull iff a throw in half the time.  The short corner thing does my head in.  We really are clueless with set pieces.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Roverall said:

They potted Berg, Bowyer and Coyle (relatively) quickly though, didn't they?

Then there was someone at the helm who was not the managers mate.  We had someone who called them and told them it needed done.

By the same token these are the same owners who would not fire Kean because he was a "nice" man.  Tony us a nice man too, I think he is honest, has integrity and is overall a good bloke, just past his sell by date as a football manager

20 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

We wont go down, it will need maybe 2 more wins and a draw or 2, especially with Wednesday having points deducted, but its just desperately poor.

I am not so confident I really fear for us if this fella is not removed after the hammering we will get at Reading

11 minutes ago, USABlue said:

I am not so confident I really fear for us if this fella is not removed after the hammering we will get at Reading

The game earlier this season was a nightmare. I don’t fear this one as badly, probably 1-2. Afterwards, when we’re 18th on the table, our fearless leader will say, “promotion is right around the corner”

20 hours ago, rigger said:

To everyone who paid for I-follow. When will you learn?

Paid for mine lump sum start of season.  Just like when I bought season tickets in the past, no matter what I followed us home and away, I love my Rovers, this team looks as bad as anything I have ever witnessed.  Even the relegation teams in the 70's played with more heart.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Verdict: No sense of panic from Rovers during winless run | Lancashire Telegraph

Those inside the club won’t be unaware of the issues and mounting criticism, yet there appears very little sense of panic, at least not outwardly, manager Tony Mowbray and chief executive Steve Waggott both making reference to an ‘extraordinary’ season, citing the schedule and injuries as mitigating factors for a campaign that has so far brought three more defeats than victories.

Don't forget chaps, Rovers are the only club in the EFL/PL who have had to deal with injuries and a hectic fixture schedule. Covid only affected Rovers - the other 91 clubs started their season back in early August as normal.

I’ll be very surprised if we aren’t in a relegation fight next season. We’re guaranteed to lose some decent players and retain some poor players. The manager and CEO don’t appear to be at all troubled by any on or off field problems. And knowing the lack of speed at which the owners react it could end very badly for the club.

20 minutes ago, USABlue said:

Its in no way a sign of any confidence in the manager. But with us on 40 points, and with Wednesday having had 6 points deducted, we still have an 11 point buffer over 22nd placed Rotherham. I suspect that it might be less than 50 points needed to secure survival this season so even with a couple more wins from 14 games, or even one win and a handful of draws, I suspect we could struggle over the line.

• Like 2