BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Millwall v rovers

11 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Movement !!!

That's the key especially up front, not just this pass sideways and stand there waiting for it back.

Where are these first halves normally though ???  Probably because we've finally landed on a team who isn't up for it or expected an easy day.

Definitely a lot more movement , no coincidence that none of the front three are taking pot shots at any opportunity. Hard to criticise your leading scorer, but it cetainly seems to alter the way we play in the final third, judging by today so far..

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

Few people have gone for the old 'where are the Mowbray out brigdage now' on social media. Not only is that far too early, but do they expect everyone to be glad that he may stumble across a win to make it 4 points from 24? 

Missing the point that Dolan should have had far more game time and that we should be developing him and not Elliott completely then.

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

So far, so good.  Interesting contrast at right back: JRC better positionally and with the ball I'd say. Against all the odds Dolan up top has worked. Most strangely, our very lightweight midfield have battled well with Trybell doing his job perfectly.  A long way to go though. 

JRC and Dolan were both regulars in those early hammerings when we looked superb. 
Strange how we rarely saw Dolan start since. 
Trybull for me is our best holder (although vs Evans, an ageing Johnson and an unfit Travis maybe that isn’t saying much)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

Few people have gone for the old 'where are the Mowbray out brigdage now' on social media. Not only is that far too early, but do they expect everyone to be glad that he may stumble across a win to make it 4 points from 24? 

Tell them I'm right here and that the sun must have shown on a dogs arse today! 🙂

• Like 1

Who is more out of their depth? Tony Mowbray as a Championship manager or John Buckley as a Championship footballer?

The answer is equally both, by a long way.

Enjoying the performance BUT one performance (and win?) vs an abysmal Millwall changes NOTHING.

... Except maybe we won't get relegated. 🙌

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, J*B said:

Even once we’ve paid what we owe on him? Let’s say 52 weeks @ 10K a week, 520K. Plus given Newcastle their 40%. I make that 8.48M left over once everyone is paid. I’d agree, I think he’s replaceable if we got say 5M of that 8.48M to spend. 

Depends who's doing the buying. Mowbray spunked that amount on Gallagher