BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I'm reluctant to click on Daily Mail stories, and I doubt I'm alone, so here's a different link for anyone who would prefer: https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/transfer-news/blackburn-barnsley-sunderland-transfer-news-20781234.amp

I'm noticing that this window, people seem barely interested in discussing any links. There have actually been a fair few and hardly any discussion on them. Perhaps because they haven't hit the LT too, but they're hardly on the pulse these days. Or perhaps because we all know we will drag our feet for weeks yet, whether we are looking at these players or not.

This particular one does have a bit of the three club rule about it. Although it makes sense for us and Sunderland to pursue the same targets at times, with our head of recruitment moving there. I don't mind being in for the same player as Barsnley either, they seem well ran nowadays. That said, it's not an inspiring link. League One defender freebie who missed the second half of last season. But there are hidden gems down there.

• Like 1

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19361251.blackburn-rovers-receive-efl-cash-boost-academy-productivity/

Cash boost (unspecified amount) for having played more of our homegrown players than anyone else.

In a separate article, LT are acknowledging the Thomas link, but they don't really appear to think there is anything in it at this stage.

21 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I'm reluctant to click on Daily Mail stories, and I doubt I'm alone, so here's a different link for anyone who would prefer: https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/transfer-news/blackburn-barnsley-sunderland-transfer-news-20781234.amp

I'm noticing that this window, people seem barely interested in discussing any links. There have actually been a fair few and hardly any discussion on them. Perhaps because they haven't hit the LT too, but they're hardly on the pulse these days. Or perhaps because we all know we will drag our feet for weeks yet, whether we are looking at these players or not.

This particular one does have a bit of the three club rule about it. Although it makes sense for us and Sunderland to pursue the same targets at times, with our head of recruitment moving there. I don't mind being in for the same player as Barsnley either, they seem well ran nowadays. That said, it's not an inspiring link. League One defender freebie who missed the second half of last season. But there are hidden gems down there.

I think as ever, we are in our usual post season lull where nothing gets done for ages. Budgets, transfers, kits, season tickets, nothing. The links all seem like the above, eager agents touting their players out to numerous teams. Throw in the stagnation on the pitch and its easy to see why no one is getting excited.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

I think as ever, we are in our usual post season lull where nothing gets done for ages. Budgets, transfers, kits, season tickets, nothing. The links all seem like the above, eager agents touting their players out to numerous teams. Throw in the stagnation on the pitch and its easy to see why no one is getting excited.

You're right. We could all agree to log back in at the end of July and there still wouldn't be much to discuss. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DE. said:

Honestly I'm at a point where I just can't get excited about new signings as long as Mowbray is in charge. Even if the signee appears impressive I already know his impact will be neutered by Mowbray's coaching and style of play, and will be lucky simply to play in his natural position. 

If I had to guess, I would say that thousands are with you on this. 

Edited by Ghost7
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Why does it matter what paper it is on football messageboard?

I'm interested in discussing any players links we have but we have been barely linked to anyone yet. Which is understandable in June. 

• Moderation Lead
1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

I'm interested in discussing any players links we have but we have been barely linked to anyone yet. Which is understandable in June. 

If it was a link from The Sun, it would definitely matter tbh….

• Like 1

• Backroom
15 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Surely it doesnt matter what paper a player link is from?

Of course it matters. If you click on a link, you're giving that newspaper money. Anyone clicking on Sun links needs their heads seeing to, especially as a footy fan after what that rag has done.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Of course it matters. If you click on a link, you're giving that newspaper money. Anyone clicking on Sun links needs their heads seeing to, especially as a footy fan after what that rag has done.

I have been supporting football for over fifty years. The Sun has never upset me.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DE. said:

Honestly I'm at a point where I just can't get excited about new signings as long as Mowbray is in charge. Even if the signee appears impressive I already know his impact will be neutered by Mowbray's coaching and style of play, and will be lucky simply to play in his natural position. 

Whoever they are they'll just be rotated, chucked in and out, play second fiddle to favs.

If they don't look good the plethora of excuses will begin, not used to our style ( why the F sign them then ), new enviroment, away from home, injured, not Chris Sutton or Alan Shearer.

Never felt as meh towards a season for as long as i can remember. 

• Like 2

• Moderation Lead
3 minutes ago, rigger said:

Or Juventus fans.

We all know what happened at Heysel, but Christ, that’s some deflection!

It does not in any way excuse that newspaper lying for however many years. A bit weird that I’ve got to explain this tbh.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

*sigh* I wasn't chiding you for posting it. But it does matter to some people, me included, what publications they give money to (clicking it grants them money from advertisers). Usually because of something that paper has done, or its toxic (in the eyes of some) social agenda. I'm aware the Daily Mail, along with the Sun, are two such publications so I gave people an alternative option if they prefer. It's not a big deal. Post whichever sources you like, I'm not having a go or looking for an argument.

Edited by bluebruce

Just now, K-Hod said:

We all know what happened at Heysel, but Christ, that’s some deflection!

It does not in any way excuse that newspaper lying for however many years. A bit weird that I’ve got to explain this tbh.

You mentioned liverpool, I was just pointing out that their fans where no angels.

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
Just now, rigger said:

You mentioned liverpool, I was just pointing out that their fans where no angels.

Right. I have absolutely no idea where you’re going with this, but they also weren’t responsible for the deaths of 96 or their own, as The Sun reported for years.