BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Good or bad Friday depending on the result

Just watching Big club v Swansea hoping Big club get murdered but they are playing quite well.  What struck me is that they are obviously motivated and the body language coming from the dug out couldn’t have been more different from what I saw earlier at Wycombe.

Mowbray needs to go and now, or relegation is a certainty if not this year then next.

Back to watching Big club who by now I am expecting to be at least competitive.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, blondie said:

From the false dawn of early season to the slow and excruciating death throes of a manager, passionless and completely without direction.

Unable to counter sides who, as all the division has, have completely negated our supposed tactics.

Weighed down by £12 million wasted on two ,pound for pound, the worst forwards seen at Ewood in a long time.

Unable to escape relegation, to winning promotion from a division way below the talents of Mulgrew, Graham and Dack.

Now assembled a team without passion and character.

Lenihan excepted , no leaders, just a lot of journeymen going through the motions.

After Armstrong's departure, which is inevitable, both for financial reasons and  personal ambition, would you allow a man who gives the most turgid post-match interviews a chance next season?

The time has come for a change, from top to bottom,everybody from Waggot,Mowbray, downwards are treading water.

Unable to escape relegation, to winning promotion from a division way below the talents of Mulgrew, Graham and Dack.

That's one of us biggest failings , he is unable to replace those 3 players ..

They were the fulcrum if his selection even if it took 3 months to find it ...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I would take Ainsworth in a heartbeat. Has passion, shouting from the touchline, has 2 promotions on his CV and if appointed at the end of the season(dont think he would leave Wycombe right now) would bring my believe in my Rovers team. 

Agree. Like I said during the international break I would have sack Waggott, Mowbray, Venus and Lowe. Appoint Damien Johnson as caretaker for the rest of the season. Bring in Duff or Beattie to help him. Plus Barr from under 23's. Then find a CEO in the next month and appoint him. Appoint a sporting director/head coach or manager depending on the football structure you want within the next 2 or 3 weeks after the CEO appointment. 

Cheston and Slivester can run the club for a month

swaggott@rovers.co.uk

Would definitely take Ainsworth over Mowbray, but shouting from the touchline is irrelevant. People dont care what a winning manager does on the touchline.

Also dont get the clamour for nostalgic appointments on the coaching staff in the meantime.

I still would like to think that there is someone on the continent that we could potentially bring in like quite a few times have had success doing. Sadly, Mowbray will be here next season and as you touch on it has removed any belief, hope and enjoyment.

3 hours ago, Miller11 said:

Ask him to bring Akinfenwa with him. He’d be more use than Gallagher and Brereton.

0 goals this season, and very much a parody figure. Possibly the only striker in the league less effective than our 2 clowns! Mind you, a tad cheaper.

39 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Another thing today that sums up his cackhanded approach was the dropping of two of our own players to start two loan guys who are just seeing out their time here. Then he hooks those to to put the others back on after 70 mins.

In a season going nowhere and nothing to play for what is the point in it ?

Just shows he's all about trying to keep all the boys happy and their clubs where loanees are concerned. He'd rather be Mr popular with the boys and take a loss or draw rather than piss half of them off but gather 3 points.

Really sums up why we go nowhere with him and never will, such senseless stuff.

I am convinced his team selections are to do with appearance money !

It is the only reason that makes a bit of sense 🤣

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Also dont get the clamour for nostalgic appointments on the coaching staff in the meantime.

I don't get what your problem is with bring either in. Cant be any worse than Venus or Lowe? 

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I still would like to think that there is someone on the continent that we could potentially bring in like quite a few times have had success doing.

Would they get a work permit grant by the immigration department? 

Rules have changed now we left the EU?

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I don't get what your problem is with bring either in. Cant be any worse than Venus or Lowe? 

Would they get a work permit grant by the immigration department? 

Rules have changed now we left the EU?

My point was that they are only mentioned because they played here in the past. Totally against us cobbling together managerial teams with nostalgia or sentiment playing even a 1% part in it. I never have defended the position of Venus and Lowe, obviously with Mowbray they should go.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Waggy76 said:

That's one of us biggest failings , he is unable to replace those 3 players ..

They were the fulcrum if his selection even if it took 3 months to find it ...

What got me about it was that it was obvious that two of the three would need replacing within a couple of years. I said it, others said it - their age made it obvious. 

He spent £12 million on not replacing Graham. His attempts at replacing Mulgrew were a one season loan and Ayala! One he didn't try to replace, the other he couldn't at great cost. As for Dack could perhaps argue Holtby as cover but that's hardly been a raging success either. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Waggy76 said:

I am convinced his team selections are to do with appearance money !

It is the only reason that makes a bit of sense 🤣

To me it's the only reason he appears to retain the backing of the players. He bends over backwards to get them all involved all the time. And look after them and pay them whilst they get fit to go and play for someone else.

AKA taking the piss with someone else's money.

• Like 2

• Backroom
3 hours ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

“We’ve had so many 1-0 defeats this year and you have to turn those 1-0 defeats into 1-0 wins and then you would be right up the table

WELL FUCKING DO IT OR FUCK THE FUCK OFF YOU CLUELESS PRICK!

/rant

• Like 9

43 minutes ago, tomphil said:

To me it's the only reason he appears to retain the backing of the players. He bends over backwards to get them all involved all the time. And look after them and pay them whilst they get fit to go and play for someone else.

AKA taking the piss with someone else's money.

They have it easy under him. Holiday camp training. Nice wages. No pressure. It's a viscous circle. I'm sure some players want him out, but he has his crew. He's clever like that. 

As you touched on, we would have been better off playing our own players ,rather than loan in young lads. We gain nothing from this set up. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, cesus said:

I in absolutely no way want to accuse Mowbray of being a liar or corrupt, BUT how anybody could be so blasé in a post match interview about an absolutely diabolical performance tied in with a diabolical run leads me to think he KNOWS he is going absolutely no where.

The only thing that leads me to think he knows he is so safe is that he is part of a management set up which seems happy to sell the most valuable asset the club owns to make some money back for the owners.

I do, he’s a lying bastard.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

Another thing today that sums up his cackhanded approach was the dropping of two of our own players to start two loan guys who are just seeing out their time here. Then he hooks those to to put the others back on after 70 mins.

In a season going nowhere and nothing to play for what is the point in it ?

Just shows he's all about trying to keep all the boys happy and their clubs where loanees are concerned. He'd rather be Mr popular with the boys and take a loss or draw rather than piss half of them off but gather 3 points.

Really sums up why we go nowhere with him and never will, such senseless stuff.

He ain't though! They think he's a prick and who could argue?

Just look and observe their body language!

9 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

They have it easy under him. Holiday camp training. Nice wages. No pressure. It's a viscous circle. I'm sure some players want him out, but he had his crew. He's clever like that. 

As you touched on, we would have been better off playing our own players ,rather than loan in young lads. We can nothing from this set up. 

I understand using a few loans trying to get a bit of quality in we couldn't otherwise afford.  Just fluffing out the squad with other teams youngsters and playing them in front of ours though is twisted logic.

He should be starting our young lads every game now and phasing out the loanees for this season.  Makes you wonder what he's really up to but going off the honesty and integrity he keeps reminding us of, i'll just assume it's his method to keep everyone liking him.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

He ain't though! They think he's a prick and who could argue?

Just look and observe their body language!

Some should be very very grateful to him they should be nowhere near starting or even coming on as subs.

54 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I liked what Johnno did with what is effectively the reserve team in previous seasons but I wouldn’t want anyone who’s involved with the current “ performances “. It’s an example of how not to play football.

I'd give Jimmy Saville the last 7 games of the season if it got Mowbray and his mates out the door.

4 hours ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

“We have to accept the results, I’m not running away from the results, I’ve said that to the team,” Mowbray told the Lancashire Telegraph.

“We’ve had so many 1-0 defeats this year and you have to turn those 1-0 defeats into 1-0 wins and then you would be right up the table

Where are all those people who were indignant at the Kean comparisons?

👆🏻That’s about as Kean as it gets.

He knows he is done and he’s clearly trying to goad someone into sacking him. Bet he’s gutted Waggott is here or he would have been paid up by now.

Get out of our club you charlatan!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, cesus said:

I in absolutely no way want to accuse Mowbray of being a liar or corrupt, BUT how anybody could be so blasé in a post match interview about an absolutely diabolical performance tied in with a diabolical run leads me to think he KNOWS he is going absolutely no where.

The only thing that leads me to think he knows he is so safe is that he is part of a management set up which seems happy to sell the most valuable asset the club owns to make some money back for the owners.

The problem with that theory is Waggott is already on record saying it won't make us any money and we may actually need to borrow more from the owners for it.

1 minute ago, bluebruce said:

The problem with that theory is Waggott is already on record saying it won't make us any money and we may actually need to borrow more from the owners for it.

That's his sales pitch to the fans but i'll bet there are a different set of ideas in place in his head. 

Been out with the family and had absolutely no interest today. It came as no surprise when I saw the result. We might not have the biggest crowds around but my god if fans were allowed in now that simple old clown would be getting some serious stick.

It's not the first or the last time a manager is thought by his players as being a 'good' bloke, England u-21s have a similar problem with Adie Boothroyd who is equally inept and equally unsackable.

The loans have been a mixed bag, Douglas has been a huge disappointment to me, Harwood-Bellis and Elliott have been good, Branthwaite is no better than the lads we have out on loan, Trybull has yet to show consistency.

Brereton and Gallagher have the misfortune of being shoe-horned into a system they will never shine in, I'm not convinced they are as bad as Mowbray is making them look.

Ireland have the same idiotic approach at the moment, high intensity, possession football demanded by the manager without the quality or fitness levels to achieve that.  Same results, players burnt out and making mistakes with opposition managers working out simple tricks to disrupt and gobble up any mistakes.

Finally, how the heck can we be so inept at either defending set-pieces or fail so miserably on our own set-pieces.  Thjat all smacks of either crap coaching or letting players get away with repeated errors.  Either way that is a management problem.

• Like 9