BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Millwall (a) 14/8/21

Good result against a streetwise, physical side that, on paper, you would expect us to struggle against.

Not seen much of him but the lad Butterworth looks like he has quite a bit about him. On the flipside, Pickering looks like he's a level below this standard.

Need to keep picking up points before injuries kick in because there isn't much depth beyond the first 13 or 14 players.

• Like 1

On 11/08/2021 at 07:36, JPTSwindon said:

So…

Presumably back to the starting XI v Swansea and fingers crossed Morecambe was a one-off, not a reality check.

To be positive, the nice new away shirt will be deployed.

I am going 1-1.

On 11/08/2021 at 08:51, tomphil said:

I'm thinking the team might be angry at themselves after last night though and will motivate themselves through youthful exuberance. 

Millwall  1     Rovers   1

On 12/08/2021 at 11:16, Butty said:

This game will show what we’re about, we have a good record at the Den in recent years so I think we’ll leave with a point. 1-1. 

On 12/08/2021 at 16:01, Gav said:

Millwall got a decent result away at QPR on Saturday, in what was a very open and attacking game by all accounts.

We surprised everyone by beating last years play off finalists at a canter, should have been more.

1-1

On 12/08/2021 at 16:04, Sparks Rover said:

Then Swansea went and battered a play off team in midweek and we got gubbed by the Dog & Duck....3-0 Milwall.

@Sparks Rover You were so quick to put your foot in your mouth I couldn't resists 😁 But I could have picked plenty more 👍

Great result today with a depleted squad, Diaz 2 in 2, who needs Armstrong?

A word for Mowbray, substitutions looked to have changed the game.

Onwards and upwards.

Edited by Gav
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

He got the run around second half v shrimps.  Subbed today.  Those two above set a very low bar.

I think he was subbed today because he's played 3 games in a week and we have nobody to back him up. 

He was fine today. He's a no-nonsense LB. Not the fastest, not the best going forward, but a damn sight better than what we've had there the last few years. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Early days but it appears Pickering is not looking great at left back.

I thought he was good against Swansea but people need to give him time to settle in and get used to this level. But rather have him than Bell or Douglas, 

13 minutes ago, bigbrandjohn said:

What a difference a Diaz makes. Joint top with a slim squad. Too many choices just serves to confuse 😜

just need to find a connection to Uruguay or Peru for Gallagher and the transformation will be complete. 

I think Mowbray over thinks the game far too much and last season he had far too options and he changes the team too much last season. 

With a smaller squad and few good additions(not all loans) we can stay up and get top half

• Like 2

Fair to say we take that! Not an easy place to go and we’ve come away with a point. Wasn’t able to watch it but from the sounds of it the lads dug deep to pull the game back. Forest up next, they have lost their opening 2 games so hopefully they’ll be there for the taking if we’re up to it. 

Anyone else fancy Butterworth to start? Also TM, please play gally down the middle! Your killing him. 

29 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Davenport been good since coming on. Buckley was useless today. Too physical for him today. Chapman is crap. Nyambe poor today. Ayala MOM. Brereton really good second half.

Awful first half.

Enjoyable second half.

Fair result

Davenport awesome performance considering he never came on 🤔😉 (it was Butterworth)

Ayala makes a difference but was caught out for the goal. Agree on Buckley and Chapman (today) and would put McBride on bench in future instead of Chapman.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, islander200 said:

I think you underestimate how bad some of the teams are in this division.We ain't the only team with a piss poor bench.

We need signings no doubt but Huddersfield, Derby and Peterborough at a minimum are worse than us 

Don't forget the Nobbers

I hope that was just shithousery from Joe towards the end with the injury....

Tough game, really tough and was feeling pretty down till the goal as we weren't threatening. But what a goal it was, superb.

Really hope Ben is gonna 'do an armstrong', he sprang into life when dacky got injured and we need someone to do the same now Armo is gone.

Ayala I think makes a massive difference especially in a young team, another 90 will hopefully do him good.

Butty looked bright again when he came on, he needs a full half or even a start next game for me.

• Like 3