BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Clwb Pei-droed Dinas Caerdydd (h) 25/09/2021 3pm.

Good game today, really enjoyed the spirit these players showed and the crowd (need more)  are getting behind them.

Every player played for the shirt, chasing everything, a great thing to see.

Called in my local on way home and actually enjoyed the banter with the Wanderers fans who frequent it.

Onward and upward, we need another 4 or 5 thousand on the ground to really make a difference rather than the away fans gloating about how poor our support is.

Well done to all who were on the ground today, players, management and fans.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I presume promotion, but McCarthy could go the Hughton way next and then other clubs might look at here and think maybe giving a manager time, like in the old days, could potentially be the way to go. Tis a rare occurrence these days. 

Bit unrealistic if thats the expectation from the owners. 

McCarthy at least has plan B and even plan c. and will ise it. Hughton had plan A and thats it. 

Do you see better options for Cardiff out there managerial wise and if so who>

Just to add a hint of realism - the only team in form we have played so far has been WBA - who should have won by far more than 2-1.

Anything can happen in this league - and confidence goes a long way - but still three points away from relegation rather than an end of season top 6 finish at the moment for me.

1 minute ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

Just to add a hint of realism - the only team in form we have played so far has been WBA - who should have won by far more than 2-1.

Anything can happen in this league - and confidence goes a long way - but still three points away from relegation rather than an end of season top 6 finish at the moment for me.

Werent Cardiff in 8th before the game?

Brilliant performance, no one really less than 7 out of 10.

Thought the front 3 were excellent. Gallagher looked like a different animal, his technical ability and first touch are sorely lacking but he was putting himself about, got his goal, was running in behind, was as good a performance from him as I remember. Dolan was really good, excellent assist and also a nicely taken goal, and generally was a threat, very impressive. Brereton is really chalking the numbers up in front of goal, and also the way that the 3 were played has received much criticism including from myself with Dolan central, today it was bang on.

In midfield, the 3 dovetailed well. Travis was tenacious, Buckley kept winning the ball back, I still think he needs to work on getting that final ball right more often, that is the next step and he certainly did for the first goal, and I though Rothwell was as good as he has been for a while too. Shout out for Pickering, I felt I was justified in suggesting that he took a few games to get to grips with things, he now looks very steady, good on the ball and really good at anticipating things, a world away from the clowns we have had there in recent years, Ayala is excellent, Lenihan was good and him going off disrupted us for 15 minutes, and Nyambe again was good and saved Kaminski's blushes at one point.

Credit to Mowbray aswell. Shouldn't be in the job but you can't reasonably do anything but praise the start to the season, that is down to him as was the rubbish season last season.

Just a shame that the team will soon be broken up into small pieces due to the disinterest of the owners.

Edited by roversfan99
  • Like 6

9 minutes ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

You can only beat what’s in front of you in this league. Long may it continue 

• Like 3

Put my head down for a quick nap at 8.30 pm and just woke up.

I managed to see the goals already on YouTube in a non RoversTv clip.

All not lost as I know a club who also use 'streamamg' and will have short and extended highlights and full replay up some time tomorrow, for free and without even a subscription needed.

My Sunday viewing is planned.

Just watched their managers post game.

Q: what was said in the dressing room

A: I'm not telling you.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 1

Thought we did very well. Today.  Cardiff were on top until we scored.  Some great goals.  Loved the second and 4th.  Excellent stuff.  Ayala is class.  Midfield did well today and well done Diaz on the hatrick.

Thought Dolan was the stand out player though.  Superb tracking back.  The cross for the second was the best I've seen in years...and no way was he not getting ahead of the CB for his goal.  

Could be a real player for us. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, booth said:

Here's my summary of the match.

Playing crap. Cardiff looking more likely to score.

Gallagher scores a surprisingly well taken goal.

Following that, absolutely World Class for about half an hour as Superdag and co rampage and dominate the match and score two more goals.

Half time.

Score fourth goal.

Revert to crap again, Cardiff peppering the goal and scoring.

90 minutes.

Amazing scenes on the Brerediaz Hat-Trick penalty.

Overall, outstanding.

A little reminiscent of the league one promotion campaign.  We tended to blow teams away in 20-30 min spells but be bang average the rest of the time. 

• Like 1

Are admin on one tonight? I’ve posted 3 times, nothing offensive, argumentative or abusive, but all 3 posts have been removed, what’s going on??

Edit - admin clarified, cheers lads.

Edited by AAK

1 minute ago, AAK said:

Are admin on one tonight? I’ve posted 3 times, nothing offensive, argumentative or abusive, but all 3 posts have been removed, what’s going on??

Collateral, sadly. Your post was fine but it quoted another which wasn’t. If we leave yours up, the quoted post is still viewable. 

6 minutes ago, J*B said:

Collateral, sadly. Your post was fine but it quoted another which wasn’t. If we leave yours up, the quoted post is still viewable. 

Ahhh okay pal, I just couldn’t get my head around it lol, wondered what was going on, thanks for clarifying pal.

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes we have. Chris Rush left has the main fitness coach last season and his number 2 Liam Mason became Head of Athletic Performance at the club with us recruiting Jack Dowling joined from Everton to be number 2 to Mason. 

Thanks, Chaddy, for this information. Much appreciated.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

What today has shown is the togetherness and will to fight in this Rovers team. From front to back there was a tenacity we have rarely seen. Those who say Buckley is t up to you are wrong, he is still raw he is still a bit hit and miss but he is learning and learning fast. Some fabulous passing a bite in the tackle and non stop, the lad ran himself into the ground ably assisted by Travis.

What a pity we still have fans who still choose to stay away! Well you are missing the birth of a new younger Rovers, a team that has a massive inexperience but which is a team not afraid to mix it, not afraid to lose and a team that can progress.

Credit to Mowbray and co and credit to the club.

Now it’s time for the fans to join in and bring the team even closer to each other. We mullered a good Cardiff team who are well organised. We scored good goals and had the luck but it is the team itself that has to make its luck.

Kaminski - solid

Nyambe, Ayala, Leneghan and Pickering were immense, solid and worked together. I just hope Leneghan isn’t too badly injured and that Ayala was a case of cramp rather than anything else.

Travis and Buckley were fabulous. Rothwell hit and miss with plenty of good runs, if only his end product was better.

Dolan, Diaz and Gally? Well you cannot ask for more from your front men if they all score in a win. 

Come in Rovers fan time to do your bit and cement this teams work ethic. It’s a great start.

Bit insensitive that. Loved the win, but lets not bring this on to the fans. Should I tell you to stop attending after the next death spiral?]Performances are at the bottom of reasons why, but you know that. You cannot just jump in at supporters after one good performance as if it washes a decade away.

Edited by JacknOry
  • Like 3