BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Coventry City (h) - 16/10/21

I couldn’t make the game today, as soon as it went 2-1 with out seeing or reading anything I knew we would collapse. So frustrating this keeps happening.

Trying to read through comments and get a true grasp of the game.

I will be at QPR but I’m going in not expecting a thing from that game, can’t see our team pulling off a win there.

32 minutes ago, broadsword said:

Apart from the Facebook crew, did anyone actually back mowbray anymore? 

I would've thought he'd lost the entire crowd by now

Interesting you say Facebook crew. I’m not on it so don’t know who they back.

But as a season ticket holder, and one who goes most away games, Mowbray is backed generally.

Ewood crowd to be honest I don’t think gives a ####. They turn up watch go home and unless we score about 60 people sing.

Away everyone is just having a good time and backing the team. Odd person says not happy etc, but as a collective we back the team (and manager).

So to me, it seems the Mowbray out crew is Twitter and message boards like this, and I can only think if they all came to games maybe their voice be heard.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Wood26 said:

But as a season ticket holder, and one who goes most away games, Mowbray is backed generally.

Ewood crowd to be honest I don’t think gives a ####. They turn up watch go home and unless we score about 60 people sing.

Away everyone is just having a good time and backing the team. Odd person says not happy etc, but as a collective we back the team (and manager).

So to me, it seems the Mowbray out crew is Twitter and message boards like this, and I can only think if they all came to games maybe their voice be heard.

Are you saying Mowbray is a good manager Yes or no will surfice,

5 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

This squad is far from a top 3 or top 6 squad. It is paper thin, you look at our first 11 which is competitive and even then, you have a player signed for the under 23s a year ago after Preston let him go playing a critical role. We have 4 very raw loanees signed for a pittance making the numbers up.

I accept the criticisms about today and Luton, it is not a good habit and Mowbray takes blame as I have mentioned above. But equally, we got a late winner at Forest, we stole a point from Millwall, points have been earnt and lost in similar situations.

How on earth can you say that Davenport has been "Mowbrayed?" He has barely played in a Rovers shirt following Mowbray signing him because when he has, he has been poor, and he has also often been injured. He hardly had played prior to joining either. Where have you got this impression from that he is like Travis prior to having the ability and life sucked out of him by Mowbray?!

What is with the obsession with everyone finding outrage in how Mowbray acts on the touchline? There is enough to discuss and potentially criticise on the pitch including Mowbray's tactics, subs, even signings without obsessing over him being "a disgrace" getting frustrated on the sidelines.

Its  paper thin, but we have been pretty lucky with injuries and the league looks really poor this season, with a lot of bad teams. We have one of the top scorers and a manager who has had 5 years to find a way for us to win enough games. All set up in our favour. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Luton, today and Huddersfield we should have won 

Millwall and Barnsley we should have lost.

Forest should probably have been a draw.

I admittedly forget details of games after a while has passed, but from memory, I disagree on Luton. Late goal yes but not sure a draw wasn't a fair reflection. And Huddersfield probably a draw was fair. I actually thought today was a fair result too.

I'd say Blackpool was a game of two halves though and we were good for a point but didn't get any luck.

If you're just talking about how we should have played better rather than that how we played deserved better, there isn't a single team in the league who doesn't think they should have played better. I'm sure teams are upset with how they've defended against us, Cardiff in particular.

Possibly I'm misunderstanding your point, but I think we are about where we deserve to be. If you mean the manager should be getting more out of us, I'd agree, but our points relative to squad level isn't one where I think we 'should' be much higher. I think a good manager would probably have extracted about 3 or 4 more points so far. Of course you can never know. Once or twice Tony's apparently batshit subs have paid off.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Its  paper thin, but we have been pretty lucky with injuries and the league looks really poor this season, with a lot of bad teams. We have one of the top scorers and a manager who has had 5 years to find a way for us to win enough games. All set up in our favour. 

He signed that goalscorer to be fair as well as the one last year who scored 28 goals and made the club a considerable amount to which he wasnt able to reinvest in a replacement. We also lost 2 games recently in which 2 key injuries left us uncompetitive due to the inadequacy of what we had left.

Mowbray shouldn't be still in a job even acknowledging a decent start considering the cut backs and pitiful lack of reinvestment allowance in the summer due to the stagnation seen last season. We need a fresh start and we need someone to overperform in reality which is possible, see Barnsley last year and Coventry so far this year. But it is not a top 6 squad at all even considering the poor standard of league. Our first 11 is pretty much known, Kaminski, Nyambe, Lenihan, Ayala, Pickering, Travis, Buckley, Rothwell, Dolan, Gallagher, Brereton. That isnt a top 6 starting 11, and it has started only 4 games this season, beyond that there is nothing. 4 loanee kids making up the numbers on cheap deals, and basically nothing else.

• Like 1

Quite clear from JW Upper today that Buckley is 2 passes ahead of anyone else.  I wish that we had a couple of other players on his wavelength.  Reminds me of Sherwood.  Techincally too good for this division, shame about his physicality.  The number of times he had to physically POINT to Nyambe and Dolan where to be in order to receive his pass was embarrassing.  Even my missus pointed this out.  But Mogga has to learn to trust him when on a yellow.  We lost control when he went off.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, toooldforthis said:

Quite clear from JW Upper today that Buckley is 2 passes ahead of anyone else.  I wish that we had a couple of other players on his wavelength.  Reminds me of Sherwood.  Techincally too good for this division, shame about his physicality.  The number of times he had to physically POINT to Nyambe and Dolan where to be in order to receive his pass was embarrassing.  Even my missus pointed this out.  But Mogga has to learn to trust him when on a yellow.  We lost control when he went off.

In the comfy seats Papa Bucko?

Pointing at everyone where to be? 😅 that's a good one, did you go Huddersfield,  abysmal positioning 

Edited by Sparks Rover

Ok. I'll be honest, usually I'll trawl through the pages to see what has & hasn't been said , but 100% the blame lies with Mowbray. We had a midfielder there in Buckley on a yellow & on a warning after that,  so essentially started the 2nd half with 10 men.  Not having a go at Buckley  but the lad new he couldn't risk going for a challenge.  

Said to all around me at HT, Take him off & bring Johnson or Davenport on. But no, bellendinho, waits until they got a goal back to make the change! Incompetence at it's absolutely best. Yes, gally was ultimately at fault but TM is a grade A absolute wankshaft!

I'm no football management expert but come on! This is the basics!!!

• Like 5

3 hours ago, windymiller7 said:

Ok. I'll be honest, usually I'll trawl through the pages to see what has & hasn't been said , but 100% the blame lies with Mowbray. We had a midfielder there in Buckley on a yellow & on a warning after that,  so essentially started the 2nd half with 10 men.  Not having a go at Buckley  but the lad new he couldn't risk going for a challenge.  

Said to all around me at HT, Take him off & bring Johnson or Davenport on. But no, bellendinho, waits until they got a goal back to make the change! Incompetence at it's absolutely best. Yes, gally was ultimately at fault but TM is a grade A absolute wankshaft!

I'm no football management expert but come on! This is the basics!!!

I posted the same at half time. Buckley should have been taken off as he was being targeted by Coventry and was shirking out of challenges since he was on a yellow.

Tbf to Mowbray, his subs did change the game back into our favour again but they came too late. One of my biggest qualms with Mowbray is he makes subs too late and it's cost us a lot of points in the past.

Sad to say, but I think the crowd numbers affected our performance. All you could hear was the Coventry fans in the second half and the were spurred on to get back into the game on the back of that, while we started to lose our nerve.

It feels like this team could actually finish in the playoff places this season, but if the fans can't unite behind (or despite) the manager/owners I don't see it happening. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Wood26 said:

I think its more a case of general apathy and a "what's the point?" attitude from many fans. We've all been down this road before especially with K**n. Showing displeasure about a manager in the ground when your owners are nowhere near is pretty pointless right? Not like it'll inspire Waggott to swing the axe. There's definitely pockets of fans unhappy with Mowbray at the ground but it's far from a majority. It's the same kind of apathy that means a lot of people don't even bother turning up to the ground anymore. OK you do get the odd game where we put a team to bed I.e Cardiff, but theres many more games like yesterday and like Luton were we now expect the team to fuck things up. Was anyone confident at 2-0 yesterday that we'd win? I know I wasn't. If you're a season ticket holder you'll blindly turn up, if you're not then wheres the inspiration to attend when you could quite accurately predict the outcome of the game in a soulless half empty stadium? We either start like slugs and go behind, or we get in front then collapse. Away games are a slightly different kettle of fish as they're a much more enjoyable day out, its not all about the football.

For me the current problem (aside from the manager) lies with the midfield. Rothwell was anonymous up until scoring yesterday and then anonymous again from half time up until the last 15 minutes. Travis has yet to find his pre-injury form (how long can we wait?) and Buckley (despite being decent on the ball) is still too lightweight. We are crying out for a midfield general…someone with a physical presence who can grab games by the scruff of the neck. I’m relatively happy with the defence, I just feel they are too often left exposed by a paper thin midfield…see Coventry’s second yesterday. It reminded me a bit of England in midweek, the clamour to include another attacking mid at the expense of a holding player cedes more control to the opposition. We are good at having quick bursts in games (see Swansea, Luton, Cardiff and yesterday) but rarely do we stamp dominance on a fixture over say, 40-50 minutes. Rothwell’s goal yesterday was the first by a midfielder this season…that is a worrying statistic too. You could argue that this has been Mowbray’s biggest blind spot in his tenure. He has brought in good forwards (Armstrong, Dack, Brereton…eventually) and recently better defenders (Ayala, Pickering)…but midfielders? We need a poor man’s Patrick Vieira, a Pound Shop Roy Keane…even a Aldi N’Zonzi. I won’t hold my breath in January. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Mike E said:

Looks like the clock needs tapping down into the right place.

Did anybody notice that the new clock kept running at 45 minutes up until the referee blew his whistle for half time? Somebody will get a rollicking for that as the regulation is that the clock must stop on 45 and 90 minutes so the referee won't be pilloried if he plays over the announced stoppage time.

I wonder if Waggott was operating it?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Wood26 said:

Utterly futile, in my opinion.

From previous experience, we know that the owners wouldn't be listening and would take no notice.

I think the inaction last Summer was the tipping point for many, (and certainly myself).

If a change wasn't made then after yet another second half of the season slump, exacerbated by Mowbray's ridiculous comments, it's unlikely to be made any time soon.

As we all know, the problems run much deeper, (and higher up), than just a mediocre / poor manager, and people can see this and have voted with their feet.

That leaves the absolute diehards, the Facebook and Twitter Kool Aid crew, and an ever shrinking amount of those discontented but still putting up with it, attending home games.

Ambivalence has replaced fight and anger.

• Like 3

Yet again another inconsistent referee.

Thought our latest loan centre half looked OK- against a centre forward well versed in the dark arts. Better officials would have picked up on their forward constantly pulling at his shirt.

You can tell why Coventry are doing well - but what a nasty, niggly team.

In truth we gifted them the point - we were keeping them at arms length until Gallagher decided to miss place an easy pass. 

Buckley was having a really good match until he fell foul of the referees inconsistencies. After which his influence waned. I would have substituted him at half time.

Love to know what Butterworth has done wrong - but Poveda did very little when he came on.