BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

10 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Well, 18 months and I don't think it's realistic that he can stay if we want to sell  and someone else wants to buy 

Well if we have a chance of promotion and with Venkys you never know. They have the cash to splash.

5 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I’m not expecting anything special from Dack for this season. You could also say the same about JRC.

Yeah but with our pauper budget we won’t sign anyone better. I think we are covered well in all positions as it is.

I would never turn down a player who would make us better, but I’m not going into January refreshing the transfer thread hoping we sign someone.

16 minutes ago, Wood26 said:

With Dack, Gallagher and JRC to come back I don’t think we need to add to the squad in January, unless it’s a opportunity for the future or replace an out going player.

Agree that there's not an obvious hole that needs filling. Any decent form from Dack will be a huge bonus though, one which we can't really rely upon.

That said, with Poveda's injury I'd say we're arguably an attacking option short, and seeing as we were looking for one on deadline day I'd hope that's a position we're looking at in January.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Wood26 said:

Yeah but with our pauper budget we won’t sign anyone better. I think we are covered well in all positions as it is.

I would never turn down a player who would make us better, but I’m not going into January refreshing the transfer thread hoping we sign someone.

I still say we need another right-back.

• Like 7

Tin hat on but I am not sure where Dack fits in either of our formations. Last night would he have been one of the 2 up front. And in the 4-3-3 would he be a false 9 and would that work? Bit of a concern as to where he fits, talented though he is. Bit like the Ronaldo United situation on a lesser scale imo. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blue blood said:

Tin hat on but I am not sure where Dack fits in either of our formations. Last night would he have been one of the 2 up front. And in the 4-3-3 would he be a false 9 and would that work? Bit of a concern as to where he fits, talented though he is. Bit like the Ronaldo United situation on a lesser scale imo. 

I guess yesterday he could've been in the Buckley position, but I agree that we're asking him to play a different role than the one he previously thrived in. 

I'm fairly relaxed about him for this season, purely because I think we'll mainly be relying upon him for a goal off the bench to begin with. Beyond that (assuming he can get himself fit and firing) it'll be a bigger question.

1 hour ago, Blue blood said:

Fully agree. He's effectively been out now for almost 2 years. Obviously he did make a bit of a comeback in-between but not really an extended run of games, he was way off the pace first few anyway. The team has changed a lot during that time. 

• Like 1

Jokanovic sacked by Sheffield united! Just goes to show there are no guarantees in this game. He was a few people’s choice (mine included) to replace TM when the rumour mill was at its height. Sometimes be careful what you wish for- it may come back to bite you

56 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

I just dont see Dack making it this season. If his recovery was on schedule we would have seen him in videos kicking and training, without any updates from the club its more likely to be next season that he is back

Could be some truth to that, but it's probably wise not to hype his comeback too much as well, not least to put the pressure off of Dacky. The last time around there was a lot of publicity (in Rovers-terms) surrounding his recovery, with even Recoverite making some self-promoting commercial/videos that felt a bit forced.

41 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

Jokanovic sacked by Sheffield united! Just goes to show there are no guarantees in this game. He was a few people’s choice (mine included) to replace TM when the rumour mill was at its height. Sometimes be careful what you wish for- it may come back to bite you

Yes, Jokanovic, along with the likes of Warnock, Hughton, McCarthy, Pearson, Cowley was a name being promoted as manager here. Subsequent events have shown that the club did very much the right thing in retaining the services of Tony Mowbray.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

Jokanavic is a famous slow starter. It takes a while for his idea and style of play to be implemented. Just look at his jobs at Watford and Fulham. Would take him over TM in a heartbeat 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Wood26 said:

With Dack, Gallagher and JRC to come back I don’t think we need to add to the squad in January, unless it’s a opportunity for the future or replace an out going player.

I'd sell JRC at the earliest opportunity if there are any takers. His injury record is Grella like.