BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Bournemouth (a) - 11/12/21

You're correct. I did amend it on another thread but forgot that I had posted here as well. The original report said that the new rules were being introduced from this Friday, hence my post, but then later it was corrected to just the new mask rules on Friday and vaccination passes next week.

We're 4th in the table, just had a great win against Preston - really surprised there is no Bournemouth thread up yet? Thought I'd jump in 🙂 

Anyway, looks like Ayala and Gallagher are back but no Kaminski. Id be very surprised if either starts though, probably will be an unchanged team.

I'm probably more impressed with this current Rovers XI than any I've seen since we got relegated to the Championship. Defence is very solid (which we have never had), good quality midfield, and an attack that scores regularly. We genuinely look like we could make top six.

That said feel there is a very good chance Bournemouth will beat us as their quick technical players will cause us a lot of problems, and they have a lot of quality I'm their squad. A point would be great, three would be sensational. Just looking forward to watching.

• K-Hod pinned this topic

This game will either be a reality check or a statement of intent. A loss doesn’t really say anything about our playoff chances, while a draw would probably show we’re meant to be where we are. A win puts us in the equation for the top 2. 

While our recent form has propelled us to 4th it’s important to realise that a draw and couple of losses would see us drop out of the play offs. At this stage there is no point getting carried away, especially with TMs streaky nature. 

Having said that, aside from Fulham and Bournemouth, who I feel we are playing at a good time with no win in 4/5, there is no one to fear in this league. Our lack of squad depth is no longer looking so troublesome with ayala, gally, dolan, davenport, Johnson, dolan and Edun all doing well this season and looking to break back in. That’s not to mention the return of JRC (a superior wingback to nymabe) and on his day our best player in Dack. 

In terms of Saturday I don’t feel there’s much pressure on us. We don’t have much to lose being away to Bournemouth but we have it all to gain. My head says draw but my heart fancies a 2-1 win with a nail biting finish.

• Like 2

On paper we shouldn't get anything from this game, a club flush with Premiership cash and parachute money should hammer the paupers from Blackburn, but we all know football isn't played on paper......

Bournemouth 1 Rovers 1

If we manage to get a draw I'd be over the moon and maybe just maybe be persuaded this side could be going places.

Looking forward to the challenge, come on you Super Blues. 

Edited by Gav
  • Like 2

I'd love us to smash and grab here, but it seems more likely we will come back down to reality with a grinding bump.

Parachute cash in hand & some good quality players from their prem stint - I think they will have too much for us, but hope the spirit of the current side is enough to see us through 2-1 to the cherries 😞

Not sure why people are writing this off against a team without a win in their last 4 games? My only worry is again in the goalkeeper department, I expect Pears will be busier than in the previous 2 games. If he can rise to the challenge we'll bag another 1 nil win.

• Like 2

• Herbie6590 changed the title to v Bournemouth (a) - 11/12/21

Bournemouth 1 Rovers 1. 

I think we will get a point there and this is the team I would pick for this game

Pears

Lenihan Van Hecke Wharton

Nyambe  Travis  Rothwell  Pickering

Buckley

Dolan Brereton-Diaz

subs:- Eastham Ayala Edun Johnson Kharda Gallagher Butterworth

I totally appreciate that Bournemouth are a team in 2nd who have ample resources and a good team, therefore an away game there is going to be tough.

But we need to get out of the habit of potentially seeing games as a "free hit" if we are genuine about competing for the play offs. We are 4th in the league, there is no need to write off any game or treat any game as a bonus one before a ball is kicked. It takes me back to when we played Brentford away the other year, we was just outside the play offs and we went 2 up in a chance to make up ground and ended up throwing it away and drawing. Afterwards I came on here and the majority were happy with a point regardless of being 2 up as "they would have taken a draw prior." Totally the wrong mindset IMO.

Also, they have drawn their last 3 and won only 1 in 6. We have picked up 4 wins and a draw in our last 5. Why go there pre empting defeat?

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I totally appreciate that Bournemouth are a team in 2nd who have ample resources and a good team, therefore an away game there is going to be tough.

But we need to get out of the habit of potentially seeing games as a "free hit" if we are genuine about competing for the play offs. We are 4th in the league, there is no need to write off any game or treat any game as a bonus one before a ball is kicked. It takes me back to when we played Brentford away the other year, we was just outside the play offs and we went 2 up in a chance to make up ground and ended up throwing it away and drawing. Afterwards I came on here and the majority were happy with a point regardless of being 2 up as "they would have taken a draw prior." Totally the wrong mindset IMO.

Also, they have drawn their last 3 and won only 1 in 6. We have picked up 4 wins and a draw in our last 5. Why go there pre empting defeat?

I agree that this game shouldn't be see as free hit by us but a game where we can get a result from whether its a draw or win. 

Bournemouth have a good squad and it will be interesting how they set up whether its a 3 at back from them or 4 at back. Got to watch Ryan Christie, Jaidon Anthony and Dominic Solanke 

34 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I think we can definitely beat them 

49 minutes ago, rog of the rovers said:

In a different thread I spoke about 10/12 points over the December/New Year run of fixtures. Last weeks victory at home in some respects makes this a bit of a ''free hit'' so to speak.

Expectations are low, would be happy with a point, delighted with a win.

My expectations are high, I will be overjoyed with a draw. I will be there.

• Like 1

One win in five, given Rovers way of righting what's wrong with our opponents I don't see us getting anything.  That plus we will see how a promotion contender should look and I think the Cherries will have a comfortable afternoon, 3-0 the bad guys.

7 minutes ago, rigger said:

My expectations are high, I will be overjoyed with a draw. I will be there.

Good effort Ian.

Been many times in 80's, seemed to always rain on that open end, they even took pity on us one year and put us in the seats.

Can't wait for this game. Bournemouth have been good this season and the table doesn't lie. However, they are doable. Preston went there and won, Coventry came back from 2-0 down to get a point. With the form we're in I can see us causing them a few problems on Saturday.

They won't be looking forward to playing us at the moment so I really hope we don't be too cautious and go into it worrying about how they are going to play. I would take a point but all three would be superb and a real statement of intent. I think we could do this.

Bournemouth 1-2 Rovers.

35 minutes ago, rigger said:

A new ground for me. Pity the 92 club isn't up and running. 

Me too Rigger. I’m already on my way (via my son in London).

Gav - we only played them 3 times in the 80s so maybe you got them all. We’ve only played them away 12 times in all and only 10 in the league.

1 hour ago, Gav said:

Good effort Ian.

Been many times in 80's, seemed to always rain on that open end, they even took pity on us one year and put us in the seats.

I was there. It really pissed down in what was a late summer torrential shower and they did well to get us under cover. Good win though.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, only2garners said:

Me too Rigger. I’m already on my way (via my son in London).

Gav - we only played them 3 times in the 80s so maybe you got them all. We’ve only played them away 12 times in all and only 10 in the league.

I was at each one of those for sure, Plymouth in the rain several times too, Brighton, Portsmouth.....

Who says the weather is better down South.

Safe journey o2g.

Edited by Gav

3 hours ago, Ossydave said:

Not sure why people are writing this off against a team without a win in their last 4 games? My only worry is again in the goalkeeper department, I expect Pears will be busier than in the previous 2 games. If he can rise to the challenge we'll bag another 1 nil win.

Been a Rovers fan long? lol

• Like 4