BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Hull City (a) - 19/1/22

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

https://www.efl.com/contact-form/

Can I recommend that you take a few minutes to complain to the EFL and ask for an explanation. Under their Supporters Charter you are perfectly entitled to do so.

Just done that ,feel a lot better for doing so..Just like to add it's not the first time i have parked up at a ground to be told the game is off, It  happened at Gillingham in L1 but that was snow and ice issue that i could accept what got me yesterday was the timing as i watching all the updates etc and then decided to set off once i knew the official coaches had set off..

Edited by den9112
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I don't agree with the Covid rules anyway but that's a discussion for another thread.

If they're to remain in place for the time being however a few basic rules regarding postponements due to illness/injury should apply.

1) If there is any chance at all that a request to postpone the game is going to have to be made this should be made public a specified period of not less than say 24-36 hours before the game. Therefore if fans decide to travel knowing this they do so at their own risk.

2) Any decision on postponement must be considered and made a minimum of however long it would take the away fans to travel to the stadium plus say two hours.  There's no need for example to call off Blackburn v Preston as early as Carlisle v Plymouth.

3) After that cut off point no requests for postponement can be considered and if the team making the request refuse to fulfill the fixture they forfeit the three points.

It would be interesting under the current rules if some fans tried to sue the Clubs/EFL for their travelling expenses and inconvenience in the small claims court. Technically I can't see how the Club's would have a leg to stand on. They're committed to put on a fixture and it's clearly a breach of contract and/or negligent to have a mechanism in place which allows for postponement after fans have arrived at the ground.

You make some valid points which I agree with but the authorities (not just football by the way) have this one size fits all attitude to rules and regulations when there is a need for common sense and latitude for each case to be judged on its own merits. It's a lazy approach which drives me crackers.

• Like 1

If it was a pitch inspection issue arising from doubts days before there'd be an inspection and decision before the visiting fans coaches left.

At least i think that used to be the case so here with all the doubts and issues involved in Covid and the fact they'd already lost a few people, there was NO excuse to leave it late. Other than they didn't really give a toss but best thing here is when it's rearranged we rock up and hammer them.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, arbitro said:

Any enquiry by the EFL should include some Rovers representation, ideally a supporter. This will ensure that there is no cover up from anybody.

As it is they are happy to mark their own homework whilst doing so encouraging criticism and mistrust from decent, honest people.

As national representative of the Rovers Trust I would be more than happy to put my name forward to assist in any investigation.

• Like 5

Well, that was fun - Just arrived back from Hull.

Game was called off just after the cancellation deadline for our hotel. We had just checked in when we found out. Decided we might as well stay but others went straight home despite having paid for the room. We were absolutely gutted.

A 10 am announcement would have saved me a fortune in fuel/hotel rooms/meals and, just as importantly, time and effort rather than battling across the snow covered Pennines.

Pockets of Rovers fans all around Hull last night and everyone seemed to be on best behaviour despite the deep frustration and a whole day on the beer - well done everyone on that score.

• Like 6

I hope that Rovers are genuinely angry and take steps to push this. Yes I've seen the tweets and the apparent 'complaint' to the EFL seeking an investigation but I often wonder how determined Rovers are to push these things and demand answers.

I suppose one thing is that the Club will have incurred substantial expense in hotels, travel etc. for the players which might encourage them to go further with it.

When it is the supporters who are mucked around usually we will get a couple of disgruntled tweets and perhaps a couple of players having a whinge about it or thanking people for their support but then it all dies down and gets forgotten about.

I don't think there is any chance of Rovers compensating almost 3000 supporters all of whom will be out of pocket

This really is just unacceptable and sums up what a complete lack of interest there is in supporters from clubs in this country. We arrived at the ground at Hull and went to get some programmes and although some of the people there were sympathetic and helpful there was also a feeling of 'what are you lot doing here?' 

I agree that I think clubs got quite comfortable with the ease of matchdays last year without the aggro of thousands of fans turning up and a lot of club staff would be quite happy to see a return to that.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I agree that I think clubs got quite comfortable with the ease of matchdays last year without the aggro of thousands of fans turning up and a lot of club staff would be quite happy to see a return to that.

if that was the case for the medium to long term, I'd suggest that a lot of those club staff would loose their jobs and therefore that attitude from any staff would be counter productive.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Crimpshrine said:

Well, that was fun - Just arrived back from Hull.

Game was called off just after the cancellation deadline for our hotel. We had just checked in when we found out. Decided we might as well stay but others went straight home despite having paid for the room. We were absolutely gutted.

A 10 am announcement would have saved me a fortune in fuel/hotel rooms/meals and, just as importantly, time and effort rather than battling across the snow covered Pennines.

Pockets of Rovers fans all around Hull last night and everyone seemed to be on best behaviour despite the deep frustration and a whole day on the beer - well done everyone on that score.

Gutted for you pal. Hopefully you still managed to make a decent night of it!?

13 hours ago, Ossydave said:

Still livid about the shit show yesterday.

We were literally 10 minutes from Hull when they announced it. No doubt the rearranged fixture will be a Tuesday night meaning I'll struggle to attend as I'm sure many others will as I saw quite a few fellow fans with children.

Is it really that hard to put a sensible deadline in place to stop fans wasting both time and money, this isn't a one off, it keeps happening.

These are the governing bodies of football you're talking about. They couldn't give two fucks about fans. We are not enough of a lucrative income stream.

Gutted for the fans who made the journey and wasted Boxing Day. I saw someone on social media mention they didn’t drink Xmas day so they weren’t hungover, small things like that makes me so annoyed at the EFL.

Interested to see what action EFL and Hull take on this, I expect not much. But i have no doubt our great club would step in and offer free travel, but even that is small consolation.

How Hulls game on Wednesday isn’t off yet is a farce, but then the whole covid thing has been a shambles for 2 years now.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, El Tombro said:

That was my first sympathy when I saw the news. 😄 I was only going to watch it on TV but even I kept Christmas Day light so as I could enjoy a drink for the game.

Barnsley game will come around quickly but the concern is that they had three positive tests this morning. We know how that can spiral...

Where did you see about Barnsley having Covid? Feeling a case of de ja vu here...

11 hours ago, El Tombro said:

"Barnsley boss Payo Asbaghi revealed there had been two positive cases within the playing squad, as well as one backroom staff member testing positive, but they were preparing for the game with Rovers to go ahead in light of the Stoke City postponement."

From this LT article.

That quote is from a press release on 22/12 from Barnsley, last Wednesday.

2 hours ago, TheRoversReturn said:

Not sure why people think "the EFL" will do much.

The EFL are the clubs themselves, it's not some independent rule-making authority. They'll do what's in the interests of the clubs, not some fans who made wasted journeys. 

Moreover, they approved the postponement. They would essentially be criticising themselves. Some minor fine is the best that can realistically be expected. If there is a fine it should be distributed to the fans who travelled, but you can bet your arse it wouldn't be.

More likely outcome though is nothing.

Good point raised by TM , why are Hull testing twice the day before the game and at 10 AM on the day .

When only a test in the morning on the day before game is required .

Did fancy it in my opinion and desperate for it to be cancelled. 

Should be able to call up players into the squad if needed to.

• Like 1

• J*B unpinned this topic