BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

2022/2023 Pre Season Thread

JDT isn't a yes man if they don't back him he will be off.

Liking his demeanor and the things he has said.He is well aware of what we have lost from the side of last season and doesn't seem panicked that we haven't got anyone in yet.

Didn't go the game today but nice to hear a few of the younger players did well 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, matt83 said:

First of all what is yous? Second of all how did any of that detritus today reconcile with high press or high intensity football that jdt has mentioned? We can all make excuses and in the grand scheme of things today isn’t important but you’ve got to admit today was dreadful.  Did yous even watch it?

2 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Yes, I have to wonder what he's been doing with them the last month.  No pattern, I was expecting the Gagan, no sign.  Dack will be fine in this pedestrian team

Literally no words…personally glad I’m not sat near you both at ewood…wait…:D

• Like 3

I like the fact he is already referring to us as Rovers 😄😄. Is this interview subtitled for the benefit of the hard of hearing? I hope so and that they haven't done it because of JDT's Danish accent. He is easier to understand than Mumbling Mowbray 😂😂

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, inflikted said:

Did any of the substitutes in the games vs Accrington actually play or were they largely just there in case someone got a knock?

The latter I believe. They had all played at Lancaster on Friday evening.

• Backroom
52 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I like the fact he is already referring to us as Rovers 😄😄. Is this interview subtitled for the benefit of the hard of hearing? I hope so and that they haven't done it because of JDT's Danish accent. He is easier to understand than Mumbling Mowbray 😂😂

Yes, it was thanks to me 🙂 I asked Yas and he has duly obliged!

• Like 7

9 hours ago, bigbrandjohn said:

Very interesting interview with “Coley.”

More interested in discussing the second game than the first and calling out individual players. 

It sounds like he assumed he would win the first game 🤔

So this was their second pre season outing when it was our first; not sure why that is but perhaps it accounts in some way for what was roundly considered to be a below par performance in the first game. 

11 hours ago, inflikted said:

Did any of the substitutes in the games vs Accrington actually play or were they largely just there in case someone got a knock?

We didn’t make any subs, felt sorry for Butterworth as he didn’t get a game

15 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Yes, I have to wonder what he's been doing with them the last month.  No pattern, I was expecting the Gagan, no sign.  Dack will be fine in this pedestrian team

Olympic level jumping to conclusions based on the first 60 minutes of JDTs career.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Atko's Engine said:

So this was their second pre season outing when it was our first; not sure why that is but perhaps it accounts in some way for what was roundly considered to be a below par performance in the first game. 

Maybe they didn’t spend the best part of a week out in Portugal ?

22 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

RoversTV now showing replays of both games, if you wanted to watch

They’d have to pay me a lot of money to give up my Sunday to watch that. 

My take away from yesterdays game is that Adam Wharton and Jake Garrett aren't just "okay" back up for Buckley & Travis, I think they're great back up. Young, hungry, technically gifted footballers who I think we should let be the subs this season.

Focus money in the defensive and forward areas for me.

16 minutes ago, JoeH said:

My take away from yesterdays game is that Adam Wharton and Jake Garrett aren't just "okay" back up for Buckley & Travis, I think they're great back up. Young, hungry, technically gifted footballers who I think we should let be the subs this season.

If something happens to both Buckley and Travis, then the midfield would be Wharton & Garrett.

Far too risky.

• Like 2

Jack Vale seems to have beefed up...trickery and pacy player with an eye for goal... will be in the first team...

played for u21 and u23 for Wales....scored a hattrick last time for Wales.

Edited by neophox
  • Like 3

29 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Young, Hungy, technical....all the things you need just to be a footballer...that's a given.

You think we need to have these on the bench for championship promotion?  The strength of the bench will decide who gets promote.  Sorry I think we are getting into the realms of silly season if you think the 23s are going to help us up this season.  Anything less than 8th is a disaster