BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

Just now, Paul Mellelieu said:

Very, very strange and another example of detached foreign owners running football.

As I've said before I don't like the personal abuse aimed at TM, but it's time to move on. 

I'm a bit confused how we could play so well early in the season and then fall way so badly. 

Don't be. Teams figured us out. Our best attacking players are Armstrong and Rothwell, both suited to counter attck, yet we play a toothless possesion based game and he's too ignorant or too stubborn to change it 

6 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

I'm a bit confused how we could play so well early in the season and then fall way so badly. 

It's a regular Mowbray trait just ask Middlesbrough and Coventry fans. The bloke is clearly thick as mince he never learns from his mistakes and just keeps doing the same things.

• Like 9

He has to rebuild what he's already been building ?

That just shows what a clusterfook they've actually made of it yet he gets the green light to go again. These thick hoorahs deserve to end up bust themselves they really do.

Trouble is they've invested too much again in a pair of planks. 'Investment signings' - Wages for experience, Fancy young loanees, Drones, pilots, ipads, pass counting staff, tv moniters and staff to sit and watch players.

All for what exactly ?  mid table then a near relegation scrap whilst the pitch and stadium rots before their eyes. And the answer is selling half the training ground !

Talk about paralysis.

• Like 3

Anyone who applies any analysis to Mowbray's career will see a theme of winning and losing streaks.

Its why he's got a reasonable win percentage as a manager even now, and has often had his clubs in good positions, only to collapse and not achieve anything in the end.

With this in mind he has always had that streak up ahead to turn it around here and bounce back up the division and 'answer' the critics just as the heat starts to turn up. 

For the same reason he will probably get off to a decent start again next season. The loons will probably see that as evidence that sticking by him was the right thing to do. Those with any memory or sense will know it won't last.

• Like 3

Missed the last match as I forgot we were playing, don't live in or near Blackburn but have loved the club for 18 years. 

I couldn't support another team, ever. 

But I'm done. 

Well done Venkys. Well done Tony. Well done Waggot. Well done Jerome. Well done Kean. Well done Coyle. You win. 

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, arbitro said:

And that, my friend should resonate with every Rovers supporter. The people who have been up in arms since Sunday with regard to awful owners have endured for a few days what we have for a decade.

But it won’t. Many fans only see “Venky’s pump another x million into the club”, so ergo that alone makes them good owners, they are totally blind to the wilful neglect of the club and its total stagnation.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Feed the Yak said:

Missed the last match as I forgot we were playing, don't live in or near Blackburn but have loved the club for 18 years. 

I couldn't support another team, ever. 

But I'm done. 

Well done Venkys. Well done Tony. Well done Waggot. Well done Jerome. Well done Kean. Well done Coyle. You win. 

I felt like that after they appointed Coyle. There’s only so much madness you can take in one lifetime.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

That’s their master plan. Continually demoralise the support until there’s hardly anybody left. Then pull the plug when there’s nobody left who cares.

Their plan is 'we pay the bills we do what we want' that's been their attitude all along. As well as expecting everybody to be grateful obviously, they've created a situation that the entire clubs existence relies on their annual tens of millions injection. 

It's like the badly beaten, abused partner who can't leave because quite simply they'll end up on the streets.

Iv'e always said i reckon they'd still do that even if their was no fans at all left. Pandemic has kind of proved that they are certainly capable of doing so. It just doesn't bother them in their own little haven thousands of miles away. If they ignore the club for 3 or 4 months whilst they do other things so what ?  It'll still be there because they are paying for it.

I assume it's a bit like owning a flash vintage car, you'll take if for a spin once in a while. Maybe even enter it into a motorshow or rally then preen over it if it does well. Then back into the garage whilst you go back to your daily car. You'll always pay for it to be cleaned and serviced though so it's there when you feel like using it.

Those tasked with looking after it now are just taking advantage of the situation and seem to have license to drive the car round town themselves. As long as they don't prang it into a league 1 fence or get pulled by the fuzz a blind eye will be turned.

Boys will be boys.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

But it won’t. Many fans only see “Venky’s pump another x million into the club”, so ergo that alone makes them good owners, they are totally blind to the wilful neglect of the club and its total stagnation.

Hence the word should.

That blind loyalty will be rewarded in a near empty stadium next season, a God awful manager and coaching staff, a self serving parasitic Chief Exec and a relegation bound team.

And that's before any mention of idiotic, arrogant owners.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

The lowest point (post-Kean) was Coyle's appointment.  I lost any interest in the club's fortunes until he left.

On the bright side though Coyle was only 8 months. This clown we have now has had 20 months more than Kean and Coyle combined.

Edited by Ewood Ace
  • Like 4

Am I the only one that doesnt take todays LT article as proof that Mowbray will be here next season? It seems like the usual spiel to me, Mowbray has absolutely no clue what his budget will be next season never mind whether he will be here himself, our owners dont give a shit about us, and continue to let us down. Seems like a non story.

For the record, I am sure he will be here sadly and I fear a severe threat of relegation.

• Like 4

There’s an element of that ‘99 as Sharpe often recycles the quotes from one interview over about 5 days of copy to fill a week of the LT sport pages, not that he’s suddenly picked up a finalised decision on next season .

Not sure how particularly well connected he is anyway within the inner echelons of the club, but there’s certainly no rumblings of any sacking.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Am I the only one that doesnt take todays LT article as proof that Mowbray will be here next season? It seems like the usual spiel to me, Mowbray has absolutely no clue what his budget will be next season never mind whether he will be here himself, our owners dont give a shit about us, and continue to let us down. Seems like a non story.

For the record, I am sure he will be here sadly and I fear a severe threat of relegation.

I thought the same, it doesn't guarantee anything. Nobody knows. They probably haven't even decided or looked at it themselves yet 

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
50 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

The lowest point (post-Kean) was Coyle's appointment.  I lost any interest in the club's fortunes until he left.

That was the only time I haven’t had a season ticket in my life. 
Next season looks like it’s going to go the same way. Aimless, hopeless, clueless shite with no purpose for £400 a year....

• Like 8

The bit I'm struggling to justify is paying £400-500 for a season ticket to support a setup that is all geared up for the benefit of 5-6 people - the owners, Waggott, Mowbray and the underlings.

Waggott gets to keep his cushy number protecting his mate and trying to strip the club of its prized training ground

Mowbray gets to keep his cushy number going through the motions and failing at his job.

They're laughing at us whilst treating us with contempt and expecting us to pay them to do it.

I'd really like to but I don't think I can look in the mirror and hand over my hard earned money to keep that going.

Shame it has come to this.

• Like 4

Just now, JHRover said:

The bit I'm struggling to justify is paying £400-500 for a season ticket to support a setup that is all geared up for the benefit of 5-6 people - the owners, Waggott, Mowbray and the underlings.

Waggott gets to keep his cushy number protecting his mate and trying to strip the club of its prized training ground

Mowbray gets to keep his cushy number going through the motions and failing at his job.

They're laughing at us whilst treating us with contempt and expecting us to pay them to do it.

I'd really like to but I don't think I can look in the mirror and hand over my hard earned money to keep that going.

Shame it has come to this.

No ST for me, decision made for the reasons you've stated. I'll be there to support any protest though. The lack of accountability at the club is criminal. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

Very, very strange and another example of detached foreign owners ruining football.

As I've said before I don't like the personal abuse aimed at TM, but it's time to move on. 

Not confused at all, poor team performances are very much the mowbray norm with the good displays very much the exception, not hard to see why we are where we are. Absolute lack of tactical nous, direction and style