BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

2 minutes ago, arbitro said:

When the pitch and weather was at it's absolute worst what did he do? He had the first team training on it for several days.

He's become a living, contradictory parody who insults our intelligence.

‘I don’t like to train on indoor pitches’... yet moans when the Ewood pitch is then a shit tip.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, arbitro said:

When the pitch and weather was at it's absolute worst what did he do? He had the first team training on it for several days.

He's become a living, contradictory parody who insults our intelligence.

That last paragraph is the bit which gets on my nerves the most.

A majority of football fans are not the neanderthals like those we saw outside Old Trafford, we are regular human beings with a reasonable degree of intelligence. We are old & wise enough to know when we're being treated like idiots. 

I get so wound up with this I'm actually struggling to state my feelings without going into a full X-rated rant.

We are not idiots, treat us like ones at your peril!

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

vanity will be his achilles heal next season when the crown turns,

The Queen says “Mowbray out!” 😉

The problem is that next season Ewood will be a largely deserted echo chamber, mainly populated by folk who would still go even if it incorporated Mowbray personally slapping them in the face at the turnstiles.

It’s clear that nothing is going to change, so many simply won’t bother, (myself included).

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, martonrover said:

The Queen says “Mowbray out!” 😉

The problem is that next season Ewood will be a largely deserted echo chamber, mainly populated by folk who would still go even if it incorporated Mowbray personally slapping them in the face at the turnstiles.

It’s clear that nothing is going to change, so many simply won’t bother, (myself included).

we`ve got to go,just to remind him he`s not welcome anymore,barring some biblical miracle the results and tactics will be the same so get down to ewood and give mowbray some well deserved earache

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

we`ve got to go,just to remind him he`s not welcome anymore,barring some biblical miracle the results and tactics will be the same so get down to ewood and give mowbray some well deserved earache

I agree with and applaud the sentiment. The reality will be very different.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, K-Hod said:

Whining about his family living far away.

It’s one of many things that infuriate me about Mowbray.

Is the North East the centre of the earth? Why on earth didn’t you move your family down here? Don’t take the job if you don’t want to be away from your family!

Sorry, that's ridiculously unfair. Mowbray is the same position as lots of people where the best way they can provide for their family is by accepting an antisocial/long distance job. Not take the job? Fine, but how else is someone who has only ever known football going to earn decent money at his age? Move his family down? Fine, but that means taking his teenage kids out of school, and probably away from literally everyone they know. These are really difficult decisions and he's entitled to miss his kids without the likes of us having a go at him for it. 

I wouldn't care but there are more than enough footballing reasons to want TM gone. I don't understand why so much attention needs to be paid to throw away comments he makes when someone shoves a microphone under his nose, especially when it comes to something like this. 

I had a conversation with a friend who has a family member at the club. The jist of it was mowbary always goes on about " I could be at home with my family" when things get to him and he can't cope with criticism. On a Xmas night out with all the players, instead of engaging with them he sat on his own watching some lower tier Scottish game!

As a side note, in training players say Gallagher is frightening when running with the ball at players but can't control balls fizzed into feet, not that I needed telling that.🤪

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Amazing the mental gymnastics our local media will go to stay on the fence. Crooke:

‘To Mowbray's merit he stuck to his philosophy’

Why is this to ‘his merit’ when results were poor, we were plummeting down the table and we ended up with fewer points?

He probably meant 'credit'. And in fairness the context is lost without the sentences that follow:  

But there will come a time where you have to accept that elements to his gameplan are just not working. Worst-case scenario, grind out results now with the view to utilising a full pre-season in the summer to mould the squad in the design that you adore. Playing to the strengths of his personnel appeared to elude Mowbray, a lack of alternative planning further adding to their woes.

...which, in fairness to Crooke, is a pretty accurate assessment of some of Mowbray's many failings. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Sorry, that's ridiculously unfair. Mowbray is the same position as lots of people where the best way they can provide for their family is by accepting an antisocial/long distance job. Not take the job? Fine, but how else is someone who has only ever known football going to earn decent money at his age? Move his family down? Fine, but that means taking his teenage kids out of school, and probably away from literally everyone they know. These are really difficult decisions and he's entitled to miss his kids without the likes of us having a go at him for it. 

I wouldn't care but there are more than enough footballing reasons to want TM gone. I don't understand why so much attention needs to be paid to throw away comments he makes when someone shoves a microphone under his nose, especially when it comes to something like this. 

Mowbray wasn't asked specifically about that, he offered it up as some kind of excuse like it's real hardship. In my view he says things like that to garner sympathy. He is in an extremely well paid job but nobody forces him to do it. The family circumstances are entirely his own click.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, funny-old-game said:

I had a conversation with a friend who has a family member at the club. The jist of it was mowbary always goes on about " I could be at home with my family" when things get to him and he can't cope with criticism. On a Xmas night out with all the players, instead of engaging with them he sat on his own watching some lower tier Scottish game!

As a side note, in training players say Gallagher is frightening when running with the ball at players but can't control balls fizzed into feet, not that I needed telling that.🤪

then put him in the middle to take advantage of slow centre backs,as for the control issue,is`nt that what training is for!!!!!!!!do we actually do any??

9 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Don't recall him mentioning missing his family and kids when things were going well in the third division and people were blowing smoke up his arse. Same amount of travel time

He also didnt blame supporters picking injured players at that time neither as I seem to recall

• Like 7

1 hour ago, windymiller7 said:

......a majority of whom were down to 10 men!!

Also Tony, just remind us again that, with the pitch being such a big issue, exactly how much have you convinced the powers that be to spend on it this summer?

Toss pot!

And why are you training on it during the week?

1 hour ago, Wegerleswiggle said:

Came on here to see what was being said about Tony and it appears that I have clicked on to the How to be a successful journalist page. 

Jaquob is not a local Rovers through and through fan, but I actually think that the way he has adopted us as his second club and maybe offers opinions from an "outsiders" perspective is quite refreshing. 

Anybody that disagrees should perhaps look at applying for his job. 

What a peculiar argument. Firstly, his job is filled, I also don't think that Elliott Bennett shouldnt get a new contract but does that mean that to justify that opinion, I must apply for his job?

I echo the thoughts of many that his articles do come across as very amateur. 

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Sorry, that's ridiculously unfair. Mowbray is the same position as lots of people where the best way they can provide for their family is by accepting an antisocial/long distance job.

I know people who do that commute for probably a tenth of his wages...and they don't do 9.30 to 2.00 either. Mogadon is very privileged to be in the position he is, to complain when the country is in the plight it is suggest a very selfish person.

The journalists fawning over him.should call it out....the crookes

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

He bangs on about working a long way from home at every possible opportunity.

It's 90 miles! Most of my working life was spent at least 4,000 miles from my home, where my wife and kids were, at that time. Like Mowbray I had to BUT I never bitched about it constantly.

He will be on a a good basic wage, bonuses, pension and will have travel plus any overnight accomodation and food covered by the Club. Still he moans.

BUT it just 90 miles, unreal. It's NOT a long way.

Anti-social job? well that's his long term career choice and if it is such a job well don't do it.

Sympathise with him if you want - just don't expect any from me or agreement with a banal argument.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 6

Its Brockhall to Nunthorpe. Less than 2 hours. Lovely drive. Beautiful part of the world. 

How the hell did he cope playing at Ipswich and Celtic?

How do others cope managing abroad? Mourinho moving between 4 countries?

He's pathetic. Oldest trick in the book to trot out the family guy line, as though no other manager has kids or grandkids. Warnock has children and a family in Cornwall/Devon and works in Middlesbrough.

All a carefully constructed image to garner sympathy. Repugnant using his family to do it.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

I served 23 years in the Army, I knew that involved spending considerable time away from loved ones and places I'd like to be. As many others I restricted to my whinging to those in the same place and same boat as me, we chose our path and public moaning and attempts to source sympathy for our choices would receive the contempt it deserved.

• Like 7