BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

4 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Pune, known as Poona until 1978

The correct pronunciation is Poo-nee

That's rather interesting, however I knew nothing about that and changed the spelling as you wrote about 'smelly stuff from Pune', so I altered the spelling to better reflect the message.

It's a bad joke when you gotta explain it 💩

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ulrich said:

That's rather interesting, however I knew nothing about that and changed the spelling as you wrote about 'smelly stuff from Pune', so I altered the spelling to better reflect the message.

It's a bad joke when you gotta explain it 💩

Sorry I missed it at the time as it was early AM here and ManUre were on TV 😌 

3 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Well I will not piss on the fire, that's for sure

He took to pissing in fans pockets and telling them it's raining 18 months ago.

Unless the summer is unexpectedly kind we are going down next season unless there are 3 worse teams. He managed to win about 3 out of 20 or something second half of this season with the strongest squad hes had.

Weaken it and well what can we really expect, alarm bells should be ringing loud and clear in VH group HQ.  Having seen it with Kean then Coyle are they really still that stupid and ignorant to think history doesn't repeat itself as many times as you let it.

• Like 2

Who in their right mind regardless of age thinks we are anything like the Premier League BRFC ?  Even of the later years in there ?

The guy is infuriating and insulting he'll literally say anything to spin his own agenda now.  If we had any real Rovers connected directors i'm sure one of them would've flattened him by now.

As it is on we plod to the tune of a self serving loser mentality manager and a set of detached box tickers. 

• Like 4

On 12/05/2021 at 18:29, tomphil said:

The root and branch that a few heard about in an alleged reset is happening as i predicted. Mowbray & Waggot are the conductors of it not the casualties.

A pruning back of everything to their level of capability after wasting the last few years. Covid gives them the shield they all need, they are preparing the ground for low gates and even lower income imo.

The just keep our heads above water in this league model is the new target.  If they miss that one as well we really are fooked.

Matching expectations to their abilities. I love that. That’s exactly what they’re doing. 

What he’s saying, is that as long as the players work hard, that will do for him and the fans really shouldn’t expect anything else. 

I would say if a manager is happy with that, he shouldn’t be managing anywhere.

Edited by den
  • Like 9

1 hour ago, RoversClitheroe said:

I was born just before we won the prem.

Fond memories through my parents eyes having been friends with the Pearce, Sutton's and Hendrys! And Sutton's son being one of my then friends growing up

Was Sutton as big a c*nt as what I'm told?

• Like 1

Does he really give similar interviews to the LT everyday or are they making these up from previous ones.

I have become resigned to the fact that we will have to endure him for another season regardless of league position.

The only saving grace is his big infrastructure project named sell Brockhall was stopped. When he goes at least the academy will still be there.

I also can’t believe that the appointment of a long term post in recruitment is down to gelling with Mowbray. That I do believe is him bigging  himself up.

There is absolutely no expectation from anyone that we should be competing at the top of the PL. FGS at this point we're barely competing with the likes of Luton and Coventry (the latter of which was left for dead by the trio we have in charge). 

He has had multiple chances to rebuild and improve and he has failed at every opportunity. Not to mention, he  was the one who set the top 6 expectation before the season, not the fans.

He will be here next season, but I fear a majority of the fans will not be. Keeping TM at this juncture may actually be more damaging in the long run than keeping Kean after we went down, both on and off the pitch.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, gumboots said:

It wasn't his footballing skills I was thinking of.

I'm glad you clarified this as I immediately thought of the 'lamping' incident but then doubted myself when I read the following replies as I couldn't remember whether it was Nzonzi or Givet.