BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

29 minutes ago, PeteJD13 said:

Given TM comments today in the LET on the new recruitment chief, and his part in the interview process. I think I’m finally ready to accept he’s staying,not just ticking over and leaving via mutual consent. I think potentially he was going and he’s blagged his way into staying 

I don't think he's had to blag anything. I don't think there was a conversation. It's just continue as usual. 

Ya, though when he is talking about meeting the potemtial new HOR to see if there is a connection, it's fairly conclusive. 

ITKs please assemble 😂 and take your scoldings

Ah no, it's pretty depressing to be fair 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

TM did seem under a lot of pressure towards the end of the new year death spiral.  Cheered up in the last couple of weeks.  Maybe the danger has passed.

Same as every season, couple of wins in a dead rubber that even Bell had a good game in towards the end of the season and ...and it's back to Groundhog Day. Same old same old.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, PeteJD13 said:

Given TM comments today in the LET on the new recruitment chief, and his part in the interview process. I think I’m finally ready to accept he’s staying,not just ticking over and leaving via mutual consent. I think potentially he was going and he’s blagged his way into staying 

I don't even know what to say. I don't even want to entertain the idea that that tosser will be in charge next season. But this inevitably confirms that he will be. What's the betting the new recruitment guy has boro/cov links. 

Edited by Lucimo
  • Like 1

Still have hope that man won't be in charge.

He is quite possibly the least deserving person that can manage our club.

He has been quite frankly woeful for around 2 years.

League 1 promotion campaign was fun in terms of being able to go to new grounds but I genuinely don't think the performances with the team he had were mind blowing.

This season people got carried away by the 5-0 wins against 10 men clubs.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Still have hope that man won't be in charge.

He is quite possibly the least deserving person that can manage our club.

He has been quite frankly woeful for around 4 years.

League 1 promotion campaign was fun in terms of being able to go to new grounds but I genuinely don't think the performances with the team he had were mind blowing.

This season people got carried away by the 5-0 wins against 10 men clubs.

Changed it

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

Same as every season, couple of wins in a dead rubber that even Bell had a good game in towards the end of the season and ...and it's back to Groundhog Day. Same old same old.

Yes there's a clear pattern.

22 hours ago, Mercer said:

I would love to know how Waggott and Mowbray initially 'spun' the proposal to Venky's.  I understand Venky's kiboshed the whole thing in the end.

Does anyone suspect these two were approached by developers with some promises of personal gain for them in the form of lil brown bags?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, K-Hod said:

I think that we should draw a line under the whole ITK business after this, but just to be clear- people sharing tidbits of information is very welcome. 
What isn’t welcome is people getting really sensitive, if things don’t pan out the way they suggested and threatening to take their ball home. It’s absolutely embarrassing.
To be fair, sometimes, things can change and the information would have been spot on at the time of posting and would have been posted with the best of intentions.

Exactly, if somebody would have come on here back in the day saying he’d heard Roy Keane was down at the club and he was signing after the weekend their information would have been good. It just didn’t work out that way.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

He has a contract with a year to run, the team is plodding along as usual. The owners just won’t see that as cause to terminate and pay off.

He won’t be failing in their eyes, just an employee running a football team in a far flung outpost of their conglomerate.

It’s a club and management with no targets, no standards, no expectations.

Season ticket sales will be a sorry story. Its obvious he's desperate to sell Armstrong to give himself some sort of transfer budget.

I doubt he'll spend it wisely.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

I have a really bad feeling ...1732982998_Screenshot2021-05-12at12_56_01.thumb.png.d9a1e955baeb67a224d86b6772c12a07.png

I've said it before, I'll say it again...the "bombshell" this summer will TM penning a new contract. We've all been here before, we've all had this sinking feeling...

Don't tell me it doesn't feel, what's the word...inevitable?

We're a joke club, we really are. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, TheRoversReturn said:

I've said it before, I'll say it again...the "bombshell" this summer will TM penning a new contract. We've all been here before, we've all had this sinking feeling...

I think that Mowbray and Waggott could probably arrange a new contract and Venkys wouldn't even know or care about it.

I think it is more likely that he will sign a new deal than it is he will be sacked.

I suppose it comes down to how they see the climate with the fans. Him signing a new deal might to them be seen as a step too far at this stage - if they have gauged things correctly they will know the fans are fed up and will try to keep them quiet and calm. On the other end of the scale they might see it as the message they need to send out to reaffirm his authority for anyone in any doubts about it.

13 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I suppose it comes down to how they see the climate with the fans. Him signing a new deal might to them be seen as a step too far at this stage - if they have gauged things correctly they will know the fans are fed up and will try to keep them quiet and calm. On the other end of the scale they might see it as the message they need to send out to reaffirm his authority for anyone in any doubts about it.

What fans? There haven't been any fans in Ewood in over a year. Check out the LET and they still love TM the man. Venkys don't give a damn about you or me or anyone on BRFCS.com. Never have done, never will do. 

The owners don't care what we think. The Kean saga made that clear. 

• Like 3

What fans? There haven't been any fans in Ewood in over a year. Check out the LET and they still love TM the man. Venkys don't give a damn about you or me or anyone on BRFCS.com. Never have done, never will do. 

You're correct in the don't give a damn bit and I'd add that they don't understand. As business people, just as we saw with the ESL that rightly fell apart, they don't apply any football club philosophy because its not, in their eyes, the right thing to do.

Since their ownership began their engagement has been zero other than two visits, one of which started with a snowball and ended with an earlier exit. The odd "letter" put together by a PR team is not their style but those involved know it goes well with the club. Therefore their engagement to appoint a new manager is not their style. 

Edited by Cherry Blue

We are shanty town people in their eyes.  I'm tempted to quote tywin lanaster, but they are defo not lions, it could be twisted:

Pigs are not concerned with the opinion of chickens.

Hehe

3 hours ago, TheRoversReturn said:

The root and branch that a few heard about in an alleged reset is happening as i predicted. Mowbray & Waggot are the conductors of it not the casualties.

A pruning back of everything to their level of capability after wasting the last few years. Covid gives them the shield they all need, they are preparing the ground for low gates and even lower income imo.

The just keep our heads above water in this league model is the new target.  If they miss that one as well we really are fooked.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, tomphil said:

The root and branch that a few heard about in an alleged reset is happening as i predicted. Mowbray & Waggot are the conductors of it not the casualties.

A pruning back of everything to their level of capability after wasting the last few years. Covid gives them the shield they all need, they are preparing the ground for low gates and even lower income imo.

The just keep our heads above water in this league model is the new target.  If they miss that one as well we really are fooked.

Really hope that's not the case 😪

• Moderation Lead
58 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

...And the Cherry on the shit Cake is you will be asked to pay an average £300 a ST for the privilege.

Vote with your Head not your Heart.

£300? And the rest....

• Like 4