BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

22 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

That's mean. I hate that kind of nit picking on everyday workers due to incompetence and money mismanagement above. Like in the grand scheme of things its peanuts and god knows we need more fans at games! I don't even get how it saves money ,it's not like there's a waiting list and someone else will take them, they will just go idle. Hate that crap. 

It doesn't save money, it's just an idea cooked up by lazy overfed halfwits in suits promoted beyond their station.

Trying to justify their jobs by making bad decision after bad decision. It especially grates because I've been in meetings with moronic suggestions like this, and middle management noting it down with a stupid fake smile on their face. And you just know it's being greenlit the following morning.

I was always that person to say "why?", I'm so glad I don't have to put up with it any more.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Nixon reporting this morning that Mowbrays on rocky ground with Venkys!!

Hurrah! But I will believe it when the gurning chump gets his P45.

What a pity the Issa bros appear to have a red affiliation - it would be marvellous to have wealthy Blackburn savvy owners at the club once again, instead of the faceless Madame Cluck-Antoinette and her absent offspring making random decisions and holding our heads under water..

"Ve will spend up to five million pownd per season, and totally respect the legacy of Mr Jack Valker.. even bring Ronaldo McDonaldo to play for our baby..!"  

My arse.

• Like 5

45 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Nixon reporting this morning that Mowbrays on rocky ground with Venkys!!

They must be really disappointed with the start we've made, the team seems galvanised, pulling together, its not the part of the Venky plan clearly 😕 

Venkys out.

• Like 3

Fwiw - the info I passed in April was absolutely bang on. Everyone at the club was fully expecting the V’s to remove Mowbray and there were open conversations with prospective new managers being talked about.

For whatever reason V’s didn’t pull the trigger but their lack of backing of the manger since appears very much like he’s no longer flavour of the month.

My guess is that they couldn’t get he one they wanted so they’ve hung in. I’m no Nixon fan but he has been on the money for the last 12 months and so the story doesn’t surprise me! 

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Gav said:

They must be really disappointed with the start we've made, the team seems galvanised, pulling together, its not the part of the Venky plan clearly 😕 

Venkys out.

We're halfway in the League aren't we? Galvanised enough to stay up probably.

We can go either way from here but I know where I'd put my money.

If Venky's are fed up with him, I say "good". Get on with it.

• Like 1

It's his usual double edged nonsense probably lifted from comments on here.

For a start the under 10k pwk thing just fits with the FFP and embargo stuff. The not sanctioning long term deals etc surely applies to our own out of contract players as well ?

Perhaps someone is trying to shove Mowbray under the bus it's classic Rovers under Venkys. Blame shifting but nothing changes because no one actually officially comments on anything.

Next thing we know he'll have a contract extension and Nixon will be spinning that as a sensational U turn.

I can fully believe that Mowbray and co encouraged them to sell Armstrong for the money on offer. After telling them they had a cheaper replacement lined up only for that to fall flat or be bullshit. They should know how he works by now though, slow train to retirement.

Edited by tomphil

19 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Fwiw - the info I passed in April was absolutely bang on. Everyone at the club was fully expecting the V’s to remove Mowbray

No it wasn't bang on, it was rubbish.

Mogadon is still here and has just put 20m back in their back sacks and spent no money, he's 7th in the league just outside the play offs.....

Now is certainly not the time.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tugayisgod said:

No surprise by this story tbh. I think its clear that there is a power struggle going on at the club between Mowbray and Waggott. over transfers, budgets and etc. 

But they appearing to be blaming Mowbray for the lack of striker signing within the last 3 days of the transfer window, so what the hell went on and why didn't we sign a striker? Was it Mowbray or Waggott who stop it? why didn't we sign the striker who came in from France on the bank holiday Monday? what went on there? 

I think Mowbray won't be here come the end of the November international break if we aren't challenging for top 6. I just hope we have a good candidate to replace him. I know who I would put on my shortlist but does the club know. My Shortlist would be Callum Davidson, Gareth Ainsworth, Steve Cooper, Alex Neil and Neil Harris. I haven't Wilder on that list cos I don't think he would come. Not included Mark Hughes either cos he has been out of club football management for 3 years. 

I feel that we could attract a good manager who could get us challenging for top 6 with a couple of good quality signings. Mowbray has had enough backing now and he massively failed last season to get us close. 

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, matt83 said:

In the past I’d have clung on to this story (such as it is) with hope but after over a decade of Venkys I have learnt one thing. Nothing good ever happens at rovers. At best just a bit of rearranging the deckchairs on the titanic. 

This.

But, I will still take some joy in Mowbray leaving.

I'll probably even convince myself at some point that they may get it right this time.

They won't though, we will continue with this  shit show until they're gone. 

• Like 6