BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbrays Successor

53 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

I don’t think Carrick is unrealistic personally. 

I think we are an attractive proposition. We are one or two players out from being one of the best squads in the league. It is our management of that squad that lets us down. 

I'm not so sure. We've got plenty of players who look good on paper as individuals but as a collective we're all over the place. I honestly can't see what Mowbray has been trying to create over the last four years.

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, ben_the_beast said:

Who do you think we are as club? JH Rover just put together a great list of why we're an attractive proposition. All you can come back with is waffle about how managers were recommended. Face it Chaddy. There are very clear similarities between the three managers mentioned and Carrick. Question is. Would we want Carrick. Not the other way around. 

Here a better question is Carrick with HSH Sports agency? 

20 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Who do you think carrick is going to go to in order to start his managerial career? He isn’t going to get a Man Utd or West Ham job because he is a gamble. As another said, question is more should we take a gamble on carrick and not the other way around. I don’t even know if he wants to be a manager, just felt he sounds knowledgeable in interviews I saw and had a personality I feel would work well with management. 
Your lack of ambition and pride in our club is astounding. I don’t see us as wee Blackburn, and I’d argue with anyone that said it to me 

But the question does Carrick want to be manager? 

Lack of ambition? 😂 Danny Cowley would be one of first choice..he is young manager but has been successful in career at Lincoln and kept Huddersfield up in the championship with a poor squad there. He would a very good choice for our club

I have great pride in my club and always have even through the Kean days I never let him take away my pride or belief in my club. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Here a better question is Carrick with HSH Sports agency? 

But the question does Carrick want to be manager? 

Lack of ambition? 😂 Danny Cowley would be one of first choice..he is young manager but has been successful in career at Lincoln and kept Huddersfield up in the championship with a poor squad there. He would a very good choice for our club

I have great pride in my club and always have even through the Kean days I never let him take away my pride or belief in my club. 

Lazy to suggest we only go for managers attached to one agency. Venkys for all their faults have shown they are willing to change and learn from past mistakes.

I said myself maybe carrick doesn’t want to be manager. 

to suggest he is too good for us is baffling, see no reason why we aren’t thought of as an attractive management job 

1 minute ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Venkys for all their faults have shown they are willing to change and learn from past mistakes.

Have they?  

No functioning boardroom, fans still alienated, last 4 managers from their old pal Jerome's mates spin off agency, ground going to ruin. They pump the money in to be fair but billionaires chucking money at us doesn’t scream learning from their mistakes. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Lazy to suggest we only go for managers attached to one agency. Venkys for all their faults have shown they are willing to change and learn from past mistakes.

Last 4 managers all come from the same agency. Why would that change? 

Not lazy but realistic to suggest that the next manager will come from them. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Maybe they will finally get it into their heads that the last 4 managers supplied from the agency has got them nowhere so how about trying something different this time.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, matt83 said:

Have they?  

No functioning boardroom, fans still alienated, last 4 managers from their old pal Jerome's mates spin off agency, ground going to ruin. They pump the money in to be fair but billionaires chucking money at us doesn’t scream learning from their mistakes. 

I think they have altered their ways quite a few times. Got rid of the shebby Singh nonsence, Jerome Anderson ways, giving managers time now instead of sacking on a whim, pumping money in and not forcing fire sales. I’m not saying they are perfect by any stretch but willing to change I’d suggest a case could be argued 

24 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

We will see. Iv got a feeling next appointment will be better than hat we currently have or had. Venkys are ploughing money hand over fist now in an attempt to get to the prem league, they must know they need right man for the job. Like to think lessons learned 

5 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

I think they have altered their ways quite a few times. Got rid of the shebby Singh nonsence, Jerome Anderson ways, giving managers time now instead of sacking on a whim, pumping money in and not forcing fire sales. I’m not saying they are perfect by any stretch but willing to change I’d suggest a case could be argued 

Unfortunately, they have still not addressed the most important and basic issue, ie the need for a competent, fully functioning chief executive. Someone who is likely to make the right strategic decisions, eg a decent manager.

If they could only see how important that is, the club might have a chance of progressing again.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

We will see. Iv got a feeling next appointment will be better than hat we currently have or had. Venkys are ploughing money hand over fist now in an attempt to get to the prem league, they must know they need right man for the job. Like to think lessons learned 

I want to believe what you say here.

I fervently hope this is true.

1 hour ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

They haven't ever altered their ways to good though have they? We have had various degrees of crap from downright abusive through to negligent and indifferent. Different styles of bad but no good ownership. 

We have had overtly corrupt, disinterested, they have given this manager far too much time. They still get their managers from a bargain basement agency and have the managers mate as CEO. Admittedly that's a change from previous but still pretty poor. 

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Here a better question is Carrick with HSH Sports agency

Such a boring answer Chaddy. Its not even what we're talking about. We were talking about the merits of rovers as a club and the merits/appeal of Carrick as a manager. But as per you deflect. 

Face it. Your backing of Mowbray until very recently is deluded. And now you're just on this stupid theme of our limitations hindering us in any search for a new manager. Its tiresome. Tony is done. For better or for worse he needs replacing. And we are an attractive proposition. That's all there is to it.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, ben_the_beast said:

Such a boring answer Chaddy. Its not even what we're talking about. We were talking about the merits of rovers as a club and the merits/appeal of Carrick as a manager. But as per you deflect. 

Face it. Your backing of Mowbray until very recently is deluded. And now you're just on this stupid theme of our limitations hindering us in any search for a new manager. Its tiresome. Tony is done. For better or for worse he needs replacing. And we are an attractive proposition. That's all there is to it.

The answer was a honest one. We used one agency for our managers..so discussing Manchester United first team coach as option for coming here to replace Mowbray is deluded to be frank. 

How am I hindering the search for a new manager? Is the messageboard running the search for the new manager,  talking to agent, discussing terms. No it's not. 

Mowbray is still here and likely to be so until at least end of the season. We know that Venkys like Mowbray and they dont sack people they like as @Kamy100has told the messageboard. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

The answer was a honest one. We used one agency for our managers..so discussing Manchester United first team coach as option for coming here to Mowbray is deluded to be frank. 

How am I hindering the search for a new manager? Is the messageboard running the search for the new manager,  talking to agent, discussing terms. No it's not. 

Mowbray is still here and likely to be so until at least end of the season. We know that Venkys like Mowbray and they dont sack people they like as @Kamy100has told the messageboard. 

Firstly Chaddy we were discussing the attractiveness of our club. Someone then made reasonable comparisons. So you say just go and say. Yeah well he's not HSH so it doesn't count. It's how kids argue.

And j wrote OUR LIMITATIONS hindering our search. Not you 😂 Read what was written before replying. 

You literally haven't replied to one thing I've written in these couple of posts. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ben_the_beast said:

Firstly Chaddy we were discussing the attractiveness of our club. Someone then made reasonable comparisons. So you say just go and say. Yeah well he's not HSH so it doesn't count. It's how kids argue.

And j wrote OUR LIMITATIONS hindering our search. Not you 😂 Read what was written before replying. 

You literally haven't replied to one thing I've written in these couple of posts. 

Happens all the time, the goal posts move at a pretty rapid pace. I'm not sure it's far from trolling...

Whilst it is inappropriate in the context of the debate (as you say the discussion was about attractiveness of Rovers) the unfortunate reality is that odds on the next incumbent will be HSH. But that blow is softened somewhat by the fact that none of the others on their books would play a £5 million striker at full back or have a pathological hatred of our own right back. So even in such a limited pool of candidates we are likely to get an upgrade. 

11 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

The next one probably will come from HSH. It would be a typically lazy Venkys approach to the whole situation.

At one point, someone at the club actually went out and did a genuine recruitment process and we nearly had Warnock in the hot seat. Venkys of course had to return to their "advisors" who swiftly recommended Owen Coyle and they went for it! 😂

That move alone should have ended their relationship with HSH and yet Mowbray rocks up.

With Mowbray getting us promoted back into the championship at the first attempt and "stabilising" us in the league, it will go down as a roaring success and Venkys will opt for the cheapest, laziest recruitment method by going straight back to HSH for anyone out of work on their books.

After 10 years and 7 managers, you would think they would opt for a change in their approach, especially as when someone conducted a more standard recruitment approach, we had Warnock all ready to go and pretty much all 7 managers have been failures with Venkys tried and tested method.

Wouldn't it be great to have some outside of the box thinking, a lot of clubs at this level are doing that and a few have had some real success when doing it.

Edited by davulsukur
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Simply not true. They are putting money in to keep us afloat after their poor management for a decade. And the last three managers have come from the same agency of which two of the directors are ex SEM.

No lessons learnt whatsoever.

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, ben_the_beast said:

Bbrovers suggested Carrick hours before JHrover's post. I said he was very unrealistically suggestion based on a few points one being not HSH client, wages and another why would he leave Manchester United 1st team coaching staff to come here. 

Nothing wrong with being realistic with your views and suggestions on the next manager. Clearly you have a problem with that. 

51 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

The next one probably will come from HSH. It would be a typically lazy Venkys approach to the whole situation.

At one point, someone at the club actually went out and did a genuine recruitment process and we nearly had Warnock in the hot seat. Venkys of course had to return to their "advisors" who swiftly recommended Owen Coyle and they went for it! 😂

That move alone should have ended their relationship with HSH and yet Mowbray rocks up.

With Mowbray getting us promoted back into the championship at the first attempt and "stabilising" us in the league, it will go down as a roaring success and Venkys will opt for the cheapest, laziest recruitment method by going straight back to HSH for anyone out of work on their books.

After 10 years and 7 managers, you would think they would opt for a change in their approach, especially as when someone conducted a more standard recruitment approach, we had Warnock all ready to go and pretty much all 7 managers have been failures with Venkys tried and tested method.

Wouldn't it be great to have some outside of the box thinking, a lot of clubs at this level are doing that and a few have had some real success when doing it.

Again, it all comes back to their failure to appoint an empowered, competent chief executive, who would be capable of outside of the box thinking.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Well I agree that it would be great to run proper recruitment process and interviews a shortlist of candidates(that's why I suggest a 5 man shortlist) through our CEO at the club but for some unknown reason Venkys prefer using HSH Sports agency for the last 4 managers. Why that is I dont know? 

Yes Warnock was all set to sign here pre Coyle so why run a proper recruitment process interviewing Warren Joyce, Russell Slade, Nigel Adkins and Neil Warnock if Coyle was going to get the job. Was Cheston authorised to run that search for a new manager in the 1st place? 

1 hour ago, martonrover said:

Again, it all comes back to their failure to appoint an empowered, competent chief executive, who would be capable of outside of the box thinking.

Yer totally agree there. Assume they never had this set up before because they wanted their agent friends to be allowed to run the joint and skim off the top to line their own pockets.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well I agree that it would be great to run proper recruitment process and interviews a shortlist of candidates(that's why I suggest a 5 man shortlist) through our CEO at the club but for some unknown reason Venkys prefer using HSH Sports agency for the last 4 managers. Why that is I dont know? 

Yes Warnock was all set to sign here pre Coyle so why run a proper recruitment process interviewing Warren Joyce, Russell Slade, Nigel Adkins and Neil Warnock if Coyle was going to get the job. Was Cheston authorised to run that search for a new manager in the 1st place? 

Venkys approach has so far failed more often than it has succeeded and none have gotten us close to where we need to be.

I'm not sure why Cheston did a proper job only to be overruled and his approach might very well have gotten us promotion. Warnock would have easily been our best manager under Venkys, instead they appointed our second worst (K**n was the worst)

Honestly I have no idea why they get into bed with one agency and just use them for one of the most important positions at the club.

Lunacy but its no surprise, as Venkys are abysmal owners and just because they keep the lights on it doesn't get them off the hook. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Bbrovers suggested Carrick hours before JHrover's post. I said he was very unrealistically suggestion based on a few points one being not HSH client, wages and another why would he leave Manchester United 1st team coaching staff to come here. 

Nothing wrong with being realistic with your views and suggestions on the next manager. Clearly you have a problem with that. 

What are his wages Chaddy?? How do you know what he would accept for the right job?? And Carrick wouldn't be the first coach to leave Man utd in order to pursue a managerial role at a club in a lower division. 

It's the HSH link then before that SEM/Kentaro that has scared half the fanbase into being terrified of what comes next every time we need a change.

Using these bottom of the barrell merchants all the time is the real reason we can't progress.  Something is still wrong in the heart of all this although it might just be as simple as Bling preferring these kind of arse licking pals to provide cheap parts for his toy.

I do think though Venkys were looking for the Aldi version of an Arsene Wenger/Arsenal scenario. I fear this mon is it, his smugness when turning out shite and batting off questioning like he hasn't a care in the world backs it up.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 3