BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

Loan out Magloire to loan in Branthwaite, setting the first one back in development. Stupid at the time and one would hope Mowbray would have learned from his mistakes but given how poor the long term squad building has been I have no faith in him to not loan in a bunch of other clubs prospects and make limited use of them and set the under 23's back again 

• Like 6

I’ve heard some pretty awful rumours. My feeling is the best we can hope for right now is that we get to see a few cracking youngsters break through whilst JRC, Bucko, Dolan, Davenport and Carter cement regular spots.

Things can always change with Venkys of course but if they don’t trust the young lads then I can see another ‘Hope Akpan’ type year coming up 🙈

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

I’ve heard some pretty awful rumours. My feeling is the best we can hope for right now is that we get to see a few cracking youngsters break through whilst JRC, Bucko, Dolan, Davenport and Carter cement regular spots.

Things can always change with Venkys of course but if they don’t trust the young lads then I can see another ‘Hope Akpan’ type year coming up 🙈

Rumours?

An Owen Coyle type summer has been predicted for a while but it'll probably turn out more like Bowyers last stint.

Signed a load of cheap crap for bodies sake whilst the good players began to depart one by one.

If history repeats itself that'll be another few thousand fans lost. The Bolton scenario that some like to chuck about in defense of the owners pockets will be staring us right in the face anyway.

Blame the fans though, they make all the decisions after all 🙄

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Just that the place is so stale, no money and the training ground is being sold.

I can see a Bowyer / Akpan type scenario upcoming 🙈

Something i thought might happen after the breaking it up and selling off half fell through.

A sell the lot and rent a bit back scenario probably.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Something i thought might happen after the breaking it up and selling off half fell through.

It’s looking ominous.

The fact when it was brought up in the Fans Forum, the response was just ‘no update’. No commitment to the site as it stands or a mea culpa of any sort.

18 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Sell it and move everyone to the academy site is what I’ve heard 🤮

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

It’s looking ominous.

The fact when it was brought up in the Fans Forum, the response was just ‘no update’. No commitment to the site as it stands or a mea culpa of any sort.

What annoys me about that is that I can't figure out whether or not the Fans Forum views a sale as a positive thing.

Constantly asking if there's any "updates" sort of implies they're hoping a sale will go ahead.

22 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Sell it and move everyone to the academy site is what I’ve heard 🤮

I hope that the Brockhall residents are up for the fight.

Meanwhile Mowbray is doing his bit in belittling the 'kids'

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

It’s looking ominous.

Billy Barr saying "I'm outta here" is a pretty strong indication for me

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

Where there’s life there’s Akpan.

1 hour ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I hope that the Brockhall residents are up for the fight.

Meanwhile Mowbray is doing his bit in belittling the 'kids'

people with a lot of money and a lot of influence on the planning dept hopefully up at brockhall village,they`ll not want their property value  and exclusiveness damaged by extra housing, the applications going to get thrown  out again imo

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

I wouldn't think there is a fight to be had... who can stop them selling their property ?

They can object to Rovers selling the land for housing development without which the land per se is of relatively low value.

• Like 5