BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Cardiff City (a) 10/4/21 - Into the Valley(s)

1 minute ago, DE. said:

1 win in 15. 

I think this puts to bed any ideas the players want him out. They clearly don't as they wouldn't fight like this otherwise. The team is just either fairly shit at implementing Mowbray's ideas or just fairly shit.

Actually I'm going to go with 'Mowbray's ideas are very shit'.

1 minute ago, jim mk2 said:

Not really

8 points out of 45

I said big not good. Before the game I said we needed to win today.

Today’s result will be used as evidence that Mowbray still has the players. If there was any chance of him going (there wasn’t) then there certainly isn’t now.

We now go into our last five games against all teams below us and fighting for their lives, with Mowbray still in change.

One win in 15.

3 minutes ago, DE. said:

1 win in 15. 

I think this puts to bed any ideas the players want him out. They clearly don't as they wouldn't fight like this otherwise. The team is just either fairly shit at implementing Mowbray's ideas or just fairly shit. Apply as you see fit, but after this I think it's nonsense to say he's lost the dressing room.

Yep, nothing conclusively proves that the players are playing for the manager like 8 points from a possible 45.

Edited by TheRoversReturn

A point that should just about ensure our survival. A poor game made interesting by two dismal goalkeeping displays. Mowbray will of course try to spin this as great point and proof that he is a genius but it is just 1 win in 15 and 8 points from the last 45 on offer.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Madon said:

Is it bad that I'm at the point where I'm not even arsed about winning? It means Mowbray will be safe for the foreseeable. 

FFS. 😟

Have you only just got there? Happened years ago for me.

21 minutes ago, Fraserkirky said:

Someone please explain why Downing is getting minutes instead of Buckley

The lads earning some coin helping the fitness team today, don't forget Chris Rush left.

14 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Brereton just has no killer instinct does he.

TM sucks the life out of all around him, let's see how he gets on with a new manager.

1 minute ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

1 win 15. 

Journey. 

Straight back to where we started.

• Like 1

The fact a draw and multiple goals seems like raging success against an out of form table with an eye on the beach says everything about how low standards are under TM. 

Still it's a huge point in our quest for survival. Makes it a bit harder for the other teams to catch us up. 

As it is, though, TM continues a record that would have most managers walking or booted. 

• Like 3

• Backroom
Just now, bluebruce said:

Actually I'm going to go with 'Mowbray's ideas are very shit'.

Perhaps, but then why have we gone on solid runs of form under him as well? It's not like we're constantly terrible, just intermittently so. I think a lot of it comes down to motivation, which Mowbray seems unable to keep high enough to retain the consistency we'd need to be promoted. The manager doesn't instil a winning mentality and doesn't bring in players with that mentality either. 

2 minutes ago, TheRoversReturn said:

Yep, nothing conclusively proves that the players are playing for the manager like 8 points from a possible 45.

If the players had turned on the manager we'd be getting hammered most weeks, as seen plenty of times elsewhere. This doesn't happen to us. It's wishful thinking to believe the players have turned on TM. I understand why people want to believe that, as TM is becoming more and more disliked, but I very much doubt that's the reality. The sad truth is more likely that the players we have aren't a great fit for the manager's "system", so even though they try it rarely works out. Frankly I'm not sure any group of players could be successful under modern day TM but that's another question entirely.  

I should be concerned about more teams below us. Of the teams below us only Birmingham won. Rotherham ought to have - bad news for us. One more defeat for Wycombe and we can't finish bottom. 2 more defeats for Wednesday and the lowest we can finish is 22nd. Swansea could be bad news for both those teams this week.

• Backroom
1 minute ago, tomphil said:

But where are those performances like that second half ?  How come it has to come down to desperation but they'll put a real urgent effort in ?

Not played like that in a long time.

Because the team only have to play well when they feel like it. Holiday camp mentality, same problem as we had under GB. 

Edited by DE.
  • Like 8