BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbray, the summer and beyond

26 minutes ago, rigger said:

No, what I said was that I could not definately say they were argueing about Mowbray. The same as I could not say they weren't. What I can say, is that tensions between fans is rising, whatever the cause.

Sorry Rigger, do you think they were arguing about TM?

4 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

Sorry Rigger, do you think they were arguing about TM?

As I have said, I don't know what the arguements were about. So stop asking. What I can say ,is that outside at half-time there was lots of discussion about Mowbray

Edited by rigger

45 minutes ago, rigger said:

As I have said, I don't know what the arguements were about. So stop asking. What I can say ,is that outside at half-time there was lots of discussion about Mowbray

Rigger, I misunderstood you.  My fault.  Thought you said they were getting physical because of TM.  Not the case, or maybe not the case, but could be.  Either way, good to hear.

8 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Can we shy away from the zeefuik deal because he is shyte and get Spence in from boro instead of they are going with their young rb. Spence is a cracking player, a nyambe upgrade 

Being looked at by top clubs, such as Bayern Munich. More chance of us signing Louis Spence. 

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

This summer is gearing up to be horrendous. If we don’t go up we’re gonna need 2 RB’s, 2 CB’s, 3 CM’s, 1 Winger and 1 Striker. And that’s if Diaz stays. 

I think Diaz will go and he has been linked with Brighton, West Ham and Newcastle in the past month.6 weeks. Hopefully Lenihan will re sign for next season. 

We have James Brown has a right back so surely we only 1 RB, If Lenihan re sign then hopefully we only need 1. Yes we need 3 centre midfielders and I suggested we go for Cameron Brannagan from Oxford, Callum Styles from Barnsley and Matty Longstaff fron Newcastle, all realistic suggestions and should be attainable for us. 

Yes we will need a new number 9 striker. I would be looking Healey from Toulouse, Maja if we can strike a deal, Gyökeres from Coventry. 

Plus if we don't make the top 6 and playoff place then we need a new manager/head coach in as the first point of business from the club

11 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Can we shy away from the zeefuik deal because he is shyte and get Spence in from boro instead of they are going with their young rb. Spence is a cracking player, a nyambe upgrade 

Being linked with Spurs, United and Bayern. So I would suggest Rovers have no chance of signing him

If you want a good right back to replace Nyambe for next season then we should be looking and sign Barnsley right back Callum Brittain this summer 

6 hours ago, CambridgeRover said:

But isn't Duff saying that Pears would be on more than Nyambe even if he signed his new deal??

If that is true that is absolutely mental. 

It would be mental, but there owners allowed someone to agree a premier league contract for Myles Anderson 

4 hours ago, Mellor Rover said:

This summer is gearing up to be horrendous. If we don’t go up we’re gonna need 2 RB’s, 2 CB’s, 3 CM’s, 1 Winger and 1 Striker. And that’s if Diaz stays. 

That's why he'll get a new contract and license for a complete cheap rebuild and that imo is why they got Park in. 

Upper midtable stability might seem like a pipe dream in another season or two.

11 hours ago, JHRover said:

All Mowbray and Waggott need to do is show Desai the league table and points return - both of which will be an improvement on last year - and the financials - reduced wage bill, substantial sales - and Venkys will be happy, I'm sure of that.

I doubt they will know or at least not care that we've had relegation form since January or that he has blown our one chance at promotion to be dislodged by Luton or Huddersfield.

Why would they want him gone? They like him, he dances to their tune and is willing to do it they way they want, he'll work for whatever pitiful budget they provide, he'll blame everyone and everything apart from them when it doesn't go well, and in addition to all that he's saved them money whilst improving results. What's not to like?

Only way he's going is if he throws in the towel himself. He would be a rare beast in football if he turned down the opportunity of an extended stay and multi-million pound contract running a club like Rovers more or less as his own boss. An even rarer one if it resulted in his mates losing their jobs in the process. 

Football management is like a drug and for all the third party platitudes from rivals and the media he'll struggle to get a better job in football. He knows it which is why he's stuck at it and lasted when he wouldn't at any other Championship club. 

So the narrative from the Club and media will start to shift over the coming weeks - excuses, hard luck, valiant efforts from this 'young' team (not sure I'd go with that looking at the ages and experience of those who finished the game at Reading).

The purpose of all this will be to make people believe this is just the first step in a multi-year process, that the failings of the last few months just part of the learning curve, that its got nothing to do with the manager or his staff and everything to do with naïve inexperienced players or luck and that this will all change when we've signed a few or they learn what the manager expects of them (this is all false because more experience will depart this summer and will be replaced by younger or inexperienced players so it only becomes more of an issue).

Mowbray comes back from India with a new contract, some funds to strengthen and promising to go one better next year. On it goes. We'll sell Brereton, lose 4-5 key players and then reach pre-season well short. The Mowbray acolytes will enjoy it though because nobody else would manage this club and will fall for the old 'we've got money and will strengthen' game, preoccupying themselves with transfer tittle tattle which won't materialise. 

What a thoroughly depressing read, and I agree that it is all going to happen.

For those of us getting on a bit we may never see the end of these conmen lackeys.

Venkys - The Lost Years and counting.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 4

People seem ready to believe Mowbray when he says Venky's would have given him the funds for another attacker but he wasn't interested. Really? Surely he's clever enough to know never to bite the hand that feeds him. Better to say that then say the bosses wouldn't give him any more money. Why care what the fans think, if him taking the blame for that will make him look good in Pune?

We've blown our best chance of getting back to the Prem since we relegated through sheer ownership incompetence. Does anyone except the fans care?

52 minutes ago, TheRoversReturn said:

People seem ready to believe Mowbray when he says Venky's would have given him the funds for another attacker but he wasn't interested. Really? Surely he's clever enough to know never to bite the hand that feeds him. Better to say that then say the bosses wouldn't give him any more money. Why care what the fans think, if him taking the blame for that will make him look good in Pune?

We've blown our best chance of getting back to the Prem since we relegated through sheer ownership incompetence. Does anyone except the fans care?

I don’t see why Mowbray couldn’t have brought in a striker. After all, he was allowed to bring in players for other positions. 
Obviously, we wouldn’t have been talking about someone from the top draw, but surely a beg, steal or borrow could’ve been sorted.

His persistence of playing Gallagher in a wide position is further evidence it was his decision to abstain, based on his delusion of being Pep Guardiola.

• Like 4

22 hours ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

The turning point was BBD's injury and Rothwell's head being turned.  We've looked poor since.

I agree that TM could have done more and I fancy a change this summer, but many of the names lauded here over the past two years have done little better, or indeed worse that TM.  So tread carefully.

Postponement of Hull away, big turning point 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheRoversReturn said:

Sorry but no it's just classic Mowbray and the way him and Swaggo run things.

I don't believe he could have got substantial funds but a few million or a big wage contribution for a short term loan, yes. He wouldn't say what hes said otherwise with him being the bastion of integrity. 

For virtually all his time here hes been giving the impression he's told the owners to keep the chequebook away and run it sensibly.  Far enough but when its needed a push it hasn't happened. This was the first time in a Jan window hes been able to do anything for a while. He directed those funds where he did.

Seemingly looked at a couple of wide forwards types who he could juggle around on the front line. Then left them alone and spent on recruiting Hedges, Giles and the Spurs lad which won't have cost nothing.

No ambition just playing it safe and we've seen nothing to suggest it was the right call.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

What a thoroughly depressing read, and I agree that it is all going to happen.

For those of us getting on a bit we mat never see the end of these conmen lackeys.

Venkys - The Lost Years and counting.

I have resigned myself sometime ago that I will not live long enough to see us back in the Prem.  Sad but true.  After Reading I am devastated.

I only came on in the hope he'd been fired and DJ announced as caretaker.  Can't do any worse.

Edited by USABlue
  • Like 5

14 minutes ago, USABlue said:

I have resigned myself sometime ago that I will not live long enough to see us back in the Prem.  Sad but true.  After Reading I am devastated.

I only came on in the hope he'd been fired and DJ announced as caretaker.  Can't do any worse.

Please don't tempt them 😩😩

I agree though 

This talk of the owners making no money available!.... We signed 2 left backs in the summer for a total of over a million (plus likely future add ons for pickering) and neither of them have impressed much at this level. 

Most of mowbrays permanent signings in the championship have been poor, only dack, armstrong, kaminski and Brereton have been good, but the dack, kamiski and armstrong transfers where no brainers really considering what we initially paid for them, Breretons come good for half a season after 4 years of being a kevin dabies esque puncline, but i cant see him being as prolofic next season (when he'll likebe off anyway) 

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo

15 hours ago, Mellor Rover said:

If Mowbray stays he will bring in 6 strikers and a goalkeeper. And those 6 strikers will cover the above positions.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Miller11 said:

He’s doubled down on the false 9. Pushed the midfielder forward more, and the strikers wider. It’s like he’s trying to prove he was right not to bring a proper forward in, except it’s completely failing and he just looks stubborn and stupid

To be fair, he doesn't have to do much on a match day to achieve that...