BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

I think it’s fair to assume after nearly a month after Mowbray said he was leaving (not that I believed a word of it) and 2 weeks after the club formally acknowledged he was leaving no movement on the managerial front. It’s clear as day they had no contingency plan for him leaving let alone a shortlist.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, JHRover said:

Well the week ends today. So is that this week finishing today, or this week coming which ends on 27th May?

Might not be a massive difference but if the latter and we aren't even speaking to people until the last few days in May we are going to have to work quickly to conclude that process, settle on a preferred option, get approval from India and get them in the building and signed up to a deal, plus hopefully their coaching staff, by mid June which is when players will start returning to Brockhall.

If it is the latter I have an issue that it has taken over 2 weeks since the Birmingham game to even speak to potential new managers.

You have since the information from Andy Bayes and Rich Sharpe have both reported in the 2 days that Rovers are moving to next stage of the recruitment of our next head coach by starting interviewing process and hopefully we can make an appointment with a weeks or 2. 

I would imagine that Rovers have had alot of applicants for the job over the past few weeks and have worked through them to finalise a shortlist to interview

• Like 2

7 hours ago, The giorgis donis fanclub said:

Glen, I salute you ,in the above post you have absolutely nailed the absolute farce of the past twelve years of Venky ownership.People who say they have learned their lesson and have our best interest at heart blah blah and where would we be without them need to read your post and let it sink in,we are absolutely fucked while these clueless muppets continue to let the club crumble

You see, it's all relative though isn't it.

As much as I'd like shiny,caring & loaded new owners the grass isn't always greener - I'm sure Derby fans would love to be as fucked as we are at the moment.... 

3 hours ago, lraC said:

Interview the most exciting people around. Offer the stand out candidate the job. Go to HQ in India, to have it signed and sealed, only to be told that they had a cheapskate lined up all along. He is then installed and the cycle repeats itself. 

Taking candidate names out of the equation, a lot is going to come down to the autonomy afforded to the new manager.

If its a manager who has no say in signings and is purely there to coach, then that manager needs to be both comfortable with that arrangement and not just here to collect the pay cheque.

If the manager does get involved in signings and  selects from a list drawn up by the new DOF, Then the DOF is possibly a far more important appointment, because if he is selecting players through agent manipulation we could end up going back to the Danny Murphy days.

If we appoint a manager first, does he get input into who the director of football should be? After all he needs to work with him. If the DOF Comes first does that rule certain managers in and out of the equation?

This link is Steve Kean's contract, if we draw up one like this, they be queuing all the way around the ground to sign it.

When Michael Appleton was appointed for example, Carolyn McAteer just rolled up at Ewood as his representative on a consultancy deal unbeknown to any one at Ewood and whilst Berg was still Manager. Two weeks later Appleton was appointed again with zero input from those at Ewood.

I have not heard anything different over the last 10 days and if I was having a bet I'd probably go with Farke. That being said, he would not be the first to walk away from negotiations over the last 12 years. Whoever the new manager is, at some point will have to sit down with Waggott and Suhail and go through the finer details of the day to day aspects of the job.

If past experiences are anything to go by under the current regime, then lots of interviews have taken place, and lots of managers have chosen to end negotiations, especially during the Shagnew days.

Just another point if my memory is correct? Someone did a prank call to Balaji Rao when TM Was appointed, what I gleamed from that call, is the owners had never spoken to TM During the interview process, did not know his voice meaning they literally must have just signed it off, based on what third parties had said to them.

Steve Kean contract.pdf

• Like 8

59 minutes ago, yeti-dog said:

You see, it's all relative though isn't it.

As much as I'd like shiny,caring & loaded new owners the grass isn't always greener - I'm sure Derby fans would love to be as fucked as we are at the moment.... 

If we credit the owners merely for not incurring 21 point deductions or simply because we remain in business, then our expectations of them must be lower than a snakes belly.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

Taking candidate names out of the equation, a lot is going to come down to the autonomy afforded to the new manager.

If its a manager who has no say in signings and is purely there to coach, then that manager needs to be both comfortable with that arrangement and not just here to collect the pay cheque.

If the manager does get involved in signings and  selects from a list drawn up by the new DOF, Then the DOF is possibly a far more important appointment, because if he is selecting players through agent manipulation we could end up going back to the Danny Murphy days.

If we appoint a manager first, does he get input into who the director of football should be? After all he needs to work with him. If the DOF Comes first does that rule certain managers in and out of the equation?

This link is Steve Kean's contract, if we draw up one like this, they be queuing all the way around the ground to sign it.

When Michael Appleton was appointed for example, Carolyn McAteer just rolled up at Ewood as his representative on a consultancy deal unbeknown to any one at Ewood and whilst Berg was still Manager. Two weeks later Appleton was appointed again with zero input from those at Ewood.

I have not heard anything different over the last 10 days and if I was having a bet I'd probably go with Farke. That being said, he would not be the first to walk away from negotiations over the last 12 years. Whoever the new manager is, at some point will have to sit down with Waggott and Suhail and go through the finer details of the day to day aspects of the job.

If past experiences are anything to go by under the current regime, then lots of interviews have taken place, and lots of managers have chosen to end negotiations, especially during the Shagnew days.

Just another point if my memory is correct? Someone did a prank call to Balaji Rao when TM Was appointed, what I gleamed from that call, is the owners had never spoken to TM During the interview process, did not know his voice meaning they literally must have just signed it off, based on what third parties had said to them.

Steve Kean contract.pdf 361.23 kB · 1 download

But he'd admired Tony's work for years, obviously getting sacked by Boro and Coventry ranked highly in the selection process.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, RoversTilliDie said:

Carvalhal or Carrick will suit me, the sooner the better then we can move on and have another go for the top 6 next season.

We should be aiming to challange for automatic promotion.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Madon said:

My money is still on Ainsworth. Whether he comes up with Wycombe or not.

Was going to put a few quid on Ainsworth but I won’t bother now. 😉

• Like 2

This sounds stupid but it all depends on who impresses Pasha. I don’t think we will see the value in Farke, I think he will think he’s getting a deal with Carvahal and I think Gareth will rock the boat too much. So put me down for Carvahal OR someone that gives Suhail some razzmatazz… any ex-United legend. 

9 minutes ago, J*B said:

This sounds stupid but it all depends on who impresses Pasha. I don’t think we will see the value in Farke, I think he will think he’s getting a deal with Carvahal and I think Gareth will rock the boat too much. So put me down for Carvahal OR someone that gives Suhail some razzmatazz… any ex-United legend. 

Carlos the salesman for me....Nice bloke, good coach...Lovely Jubbly 👍

• Like 1

I think its just assumed that the names already mentioned are the ones that will be interviewed and those names come predominantly from what people want. Ainsworth for example has a play off final tomorrow, no way has he got an interview lined up.

12 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I think its just assumed that the names already mentioned are the ones that will be interviewed and those names come predominantly from what people want. Ainsworth for example has a play off final tomorrow, no way has he got an interview lined up.

For what it's worth Mario Cristobal coached the PAC12 Championship game on 4 Dec for Oregon and was announced as the Miami Hurricanes Head Coach on 6 Dec - but of course that involved private jets and people that cared.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, JHRover said:

Looking at the odds and it seems there has been barely any change to the names in the top 10 'favourites' or their order for about a week now since Farke dropped down the list and Carvalhal found his way to the top of it.

Usually you might expect a new name or two to drop in the odds or someone to rule themselves in or out.

Suggests to me either that very little is happening or if it is it is being kept under very close wraps.

I'll go with the former.

Mowbray's last match in charge was a fortnight ago. We were officially told he was being let go 9 days ago.

We've heard nothing since. After 12 years of these owners we should all have learned by now they've not planned for this at all, so we'll drift aimlessly for a few more weeks at least.

• Like 3