BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Blackpool (a) - 31/8/22

3 minutes ago, yankfan said:

Excellent ball from Dack for the goal. Cool finish by BBD. Travis doesn’t have the pace for a right back, but miles better than JRC. Center back pairing looks solid. We don’t really have a true center forward at the club. Dolan not getting it done, but not sure there an alternative 

Hirst

• Like 2

• Moderation Lead
1 minute ago, roverandout said:

Half this team is from our academy? Should we call this thomasson's tots?

The Brockhall Babes.

(Actually, that makes it sound like a group of huns that sup fancy gin at The Black Bull at Old Langho)…..

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bethnal said:

Done well so far tonight. Tracking, battling and looking to carry it when he can.

Dolan’s regressed, I’ve got to think this is last chance as a starter. If he doesn’t impress, he’s on the bench for the foreseeable.

In yesteryear, he’d play on the wing and hone his craft before anyone dreamt of playing him central. Now, players are moved all over the pitch and expected to perform and develop, which is unreasonable.

• Like 2

Kaminski - Delivery is atrocious: is it the coaching or just his bad execution - probably both. 

Dack - lovely assist. I think he’s pressing well too, as much as the others upfront anyway. 

Diaz - great finish, there will be bids tomorrow

Pickering - solid 1st half given he’s up against Bowler

Dolan - weakest of the front 4 but we are without Gallagher, Szmodics and Markanday isn’t getting a look in yet. Don’t think he’ll be a regular in a weeks time. 

2 young lads in the middle, very solid. 

Happy enough overall, started slow, not dominated but looked the more dangerous, let’s hope we push on more 2nd half and put the game to bed. 

1 minute ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

After a poor opening 20 we've played quite well.  Helped by Blackpool fannying about as much as at the back.

Positives. A Wharton looks top drawer. 

Dack's through ball. 

Defence doing ok for a scratch unit. 

Dolan is just wasting a space. 

Hedges innefective.

Not convinced by Morton.

Morton has a brilliant football brain. He passes very well too, lacks a bit of bite as do most of our CMs bar Travis 

Dolan, I was a huge fan of his last season but the more I see of him this season its clear he's not up to champ standard ..maybe a loan would do him wonders 

• Like 1

First time I've seen Wharton - top class. 

Hyam looks exactly the type of defender we need, a no-nonsense type. Carter has looked good too. 

Dolan just doesn't offer anything at all. He needs to come off and probably shipped out of the club.

I think Blackpool will score so it depends on whether we can add another goal or 2. 

• Like 3

I thought we were in for a hard night in the first ten minutes and expect the same second half. After that we grew into the game, silenced their crowd and took control.

Their defence look very shaky and if we can weather their inevitable charge at the beginning, of the second, we can go on to get more.

Dack and Wharton have been top quality and we have passed them to death at times.

Ale house football is Blackpool tactic, but we have stood up to that so far.

• Like 1

Much better after the goal, Wharton different class once again, needs a big contract and tying down tighter than a turkey at Christmas.

The majority of stuff Dack does also oozes class, you either have quality or you  dont and he has it in abundance.

The extent to which he was written off on here by the know nowts trying to claim there was some sort of problem between him and the manager was frankly embarrassing.

Hope we can hold onto the result and get the show back on the road.

• Like 1