BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

TRANSFER THREAD - JANUARY 2021

1 hour ago, rigger said:

In comparison to some of the others he was having a good game. In my opinion.

I don't get the hate for Trybull, breaks up play and passes it. That's his job. Maybe if he played more, or sitting in the stands I'd see it. There are far worse players at the moment.

Douglas, Gallagher, Lenihan get in the team every week and disappoint far more, especially Douglas who hasn't put a foot right.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, booth said:

I don't get the hate for Trybull, breaks up play and passes it. That's his job. Maybe if he played more, or sitting in the stands I'd see it. There are far worse players at the moment.

Douglas, Gallagher, Lenihan get in the team every week and disappoint far more, especially Douglas who hasn't put a foot right.

Main issue for me is he doesn't break up all that much play. He is also especially conservative with his passing and a bit laid back in his running. He had his best game for us though when he got hooked so could be improving. 

I mentioned this player in the summer, looks like he is set to sign for Watford. Player of the year in our league, 28 games, 19 goals and 24 assists. Crazy numbers! It will be interesting to see how he will adapt to English football.

https://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/sport/18974682.watford-make-move-free-agent-philip-zinckernagel/

• Like 2

On 28/12/2020 at 11:51, Mattyblue said:

Wouldn’t surprise me if Trybull goes back (if possible within the loan agreement), he showed a bit of dissent towards Mowbray when taken off at Stoke, and TM has questioned his training ground efforts... he missed Boxing Day for ‘personal reasons’ according to Sharpe.

Trybull needs sending back along with Douglas if we're allowed to do so under the terms of the respective agreements.

Davenport has looked decent when given a chance and it would free up some money for the loan of a centre half.

• Like 2

On 29/12/2020 at 14:45, Swanson said:

I mentioned this player in the summer, looks like he is set to sign for Watford. Player of the year in our league, 28 games, 19 goals and 24 assists. Crazy numbers! It will be interesting to see how he will adapt to English football.

https://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/sport/18974682.watford-make-move-free-agent-philip-zinckernagel/

What’s there manager like ? Any good or a one season wonder ? 

8 hours ago, unleaded said:

What’s there manager like ? Any good or a one season wonder ? 

https://tv6.news/believes-kjetil-knutsen-ought-to-have-been-nominated-for-coach-of-the-12-months-on-the-planet/

He took over Bodø/Glimt when they were in the first division and won promotion. "Everyone" thought that they would go straight down again, but they won silver that year. And after that season they sold two of their biggest stars, but he managed to replace them both. One of those players that he brought into the team have already be sold again (Hauge to Milan). This season they won the league and broke almost every record there was to break.

He is a nice and honest guy, plays 4-3-3 and likes to give young players a chance.

Edited by Swanson
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, iSeeRed said:

Chapman to Shrewsbury on loan for the season. Probably seen the last of him at Ewood (unless we're relegated;).

And yet he was on the bench last Saturday when we didn't have a central defender there. Mowbrays logic defies belief.

• Like 7

50 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

probably rip the divisions full backs apart now he`s free from the mowbray regime🙂

At least we have got Gally to play on the wing. Why play someone in their correct position, when you can force someone to play there.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Movement, albeit out, indicates what we all knew, which is that Mowbray must be safe as houses.

Yes you are right. No accountability at all. Gives the lad a contract, never plays him and now we are probably paying most of his wages to score or set goals up for Shrewsbury.  🥺

Like, if you put Chapman and Buckley on a 1v1 situation in training, I would guarantee Chapman would whip him 9 out of 10 times...yet Buckley gets game time....(just using Bucko as an example before anyone accuses me of victimising the little flower)

Still the right man for some on here....

Edited by Sparks Rover
  • Like 1