BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers v Watford Wed 24th Feb 19:45

Unlike Kean or Coyle some will make new excuses after every game for this guy no matter what he does.

He's clueless, never been that clued up but he's had enough about him and at his disposal to get by. Now he's lost it completely and he needs relieving of his duties, as much for his own sanity as anything else.

The way he babbles on and the things he does he's really just like a coach not a manager.

• Like 2

It's been a while, but anyway!  

Please don't compare Mowbray to the likes of Steve Kean, it's not big and it's not clever no matter how upset you are with him.

Now, Tone has lost his way, with a brilliant squad of top 6 players.  He does need to go because he is being quite stubborn and his comments seem to blame the fans.

The fans:  All seem to know the problem.

Bradley Dack is not cover for a left or right back running forward.

Stuart Downing should not be taking short corners.

You should not punt a ball up in the sky to little Arma

Do not play Elliot and Dolan within a nats arse of each other. Let them breeth and pop one on either wing.

If you have no central defenders and the kids you do have look shakey, play three at the back.

I have spoken (copyright The Mandelorian)

Edited by Cocker
  • Like 7

13 minutes ago, johnradfordsubbuteo said:

I'm sat just staring at the red screen saying coverage has concluded.

oh bugger they've just cut the sound which consisted of some interesting trundling noises. The men in the white coats maybe with a gurney for ToMo?

Tony looked like someone's mad uncle out there tonight. Standing sodden in his trackie-bums, gibbering furiously to himself. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Cocker said:

If you have no central defenders and the kids you do have look shakey, play three at the back.

As a preventetive measure, investing in defenders in general during the preceding years also helps.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 7

Share the views of some others - looks like a narrow defeat for battling Tony.  Think 2-5 would have been about right.

Some serious worries besides our manager:

• Kaminski: becoming increasingly idiosyncratic and perhaps we are now seeing why Ghent let him go
  • Travis: a shadow of his former self.  Now looking a League 2 player
  • Dack: not helped by Mowbray shunting him out left but, IMO, increasingly think he's finished as each game goes by

Make no mistake, as a club, think we are in a real mess from top to bottom - a bigger mess than I feared.

• Like 1

My predicted TM interview

"We were close to getting that equaliser but it just didn't bounce for us.

"We've got 4 cb's out and tonight we've got two young guys who found it difficult.

"We were so close to a point in the game and had chances to get it, the performance was good.

"I've told you before I'm performance related, and if we play like we did in the second half, we'll be alright."

Edited by bringdunnback
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Mercer said:

Share the views of some others - looks like a narrow defeat for battling Tony.  Think 2-5 would have been about right.

• Kaminski: becoming increasingly idiosyncratic and perhaps we are now seeing why Ghent let him go
  • Dack: not helped by Mowbray shunting him out left but, IMO, increasingly think he's finished as each game goes by

Make no mistake, as a club, think we are in a real mess from top to bottom - a bigger mess than I feared.

All of those points not helped by the way everything is going at the moment. 

1 minute ago, Torgeir said:

No need to be rude. If you disagree with my posts then feel free to ignore or let's have a discussion without throwing insults at each other.

I think he only meant that this board-by definition-is for people, who are hopelessly committed. And I thought your "it's only football" comment was a joke...

1 minute ago, Mercer said:

Kaminski: becoming increasingly idiosyncratic and perhaps we are now seeing why Ghent let him go

First poor game he's had, stood behind a defence with more leaks than my shed roof.

• Like 3

Just now, bringdunnback said:

My predicted TM interview

"We were close to getting that equaliser but it just didn't bounce for us.

"We've got 4 cb's out and tonight we've got two young guys who found it difficult.

"We were so close to a point in the game and had chances to get it, the performance was god.

"I've told you before I'm performance related, and if we play like we did in the second half, we'll be alright."

comments that mowbray will never say

that was a disgraceful performance

ryan nyambe is the best right back in the league

we did`nt get the ball up front to our strikers fast enough

football is a simple game

if we can`t reach the play off then i consider myself a failure and im`e going to reevaulate my future

The most and probably only sensible thing that Mowbray has said in the last few months is that centre back is a man's position. So what did he do he signed two teenagers on loan who are hopelessly out of their depth, I'd rather use the likes of Magloire and Carter at least we could benefit in the long run from their mistakes. Branthwaite in particular was rancid tonight, I doubt he'd get a game for Carlisle so what the hell is he doing lining up for a team who are supposedly aiming for top 6 in the 2nd tier. 

Barry Douglas must be embarrassed to call himself a professional footballer tonight, he was utterly pitiful. How he lasted the duration is beyond me also. Also though why did we line up to match Barnsley but we didn't do anything such as doubling up to counter Sarr one of the best players in the league who has already torn us apart once this season. Nyambe the only defender who could hold his head high tonight there was one fantastic piece of covering one on one defending with Sarr. 

Travis and Evans both a disgrace to the shirt as well, Will Hughes bossed the pair of them. I'd forgotten Evans was playing until the commentator mentioned his name in the 2nd half. As for Travis he was constantly caught dawdling on the ball and to think a few weeks ago he was going to be our saviour. Travis is a great example of what Mowbray does with players he takes that exciting spark out of them, he used to be a progressive player who would get his head up and move the ball forward now he's more of a Richie Smallwood ponderous on the ball and just goes sideways or backwards.

Rothwell was by far the best of the midfield tonight and shouldn't have been subbed. Elliott excellent when out on the right. We are failing to play to Armstrong's strengths. As for putting Dack out wide another ridiculous decision, what is his obsession with with playing players out wide who aren't wide men and never will be. Nice to see a goal from a set piece why oh why when Downing is on does he not take all the set pieces and just put them in the mixer rather than letting Elliott take them or even worse messing about with short ones.  

Five defeats in a row for the first time since Kean, when your equalling his kind of records then your time is well and truly up. Lose on Saturday and we will somehow find ourselves in the midst of a relegation battle. 

Edited by Ewood Ace
  • Like 2

Just now, Gav said:

First poor game he's had, stood behind a defence with more leaks than my shed roof.

Come on Gavv, he's been pushing his luck in many games recently and got away with it.  Tonight, he got caught out.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Think Tony is a bit desperate trying to get Dack going. Ideally he could gel him into a winning side, but that's not our current status unfortunately. He doesn't look too happy either, should be loving coming back after such a serious injury.

Usually injuries like that take months to come back from mentally. Thought we would be able to link up with Elliott better but when playing on opposite sides that's not easy. Armstrong also needs to start looking for teammates or it's a two horse show at the moment with Elliott providing the key passes and Armstrong scoring his share. Think he forgets it's a team game at times and not captain material for me.