BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers v Watford Wed 24th Feb 19:45

2 minutes ago, Doug said:

Why is Rothy subbed so often, he's fitter, quicker, more attack minded, technically miles ahead of most of our midfield, drives me mad. He's one of our best players IMO. 

There aren’t many players Mowbray has got the best out of. And those he has seem to have gone off the boil.

Just Armstrong who plays every minute of every game and has a role which suits him. Everyone else seems to have to take turns to keep a squad happy.

I put it down to poor man-management and not liking unhappy players around. The first team isn’t run as a meritocracy. It’s run as a nursery club for loanees and rotating a series of midfielders in and out because there is no money and no strategy, and no style of play or ethos we are trying to achieve.

The next manager who comes in has a lot of work to do just to get the right players in. An experienced, connected and shrewd Championship manager will be able to do that relatively cheaply. I just hope Mowbray hasn’t pissed away our last chance. With the training ground part of the owner’s exit strategy.

4 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

I think he only meant that this board-by definition-is for people, who are hopelessly committed. And I thought your "it's only football" comment was a joke...

Been here since 2001 and before that on Lee Grooby's old site. Have a look at my posts during and after the Barnsley game and you'll see a different tone, but I try to judge the game as I see it. I came into this one with less expectation and out of it less disappointed. 

2 minutes ago, Gav said:

First poor game he's had, stood behind a defence with more leaks than my shed roof.

Funnily enough he was terrible away at Watford as well. In terms of the priority of our problems he's a long way down the pecking order though.

The problem is the manager. No consistency with starting selections, bizarre tactics, players out of position - the team don't look like they know what they're meant to be doing and I think he's completely drained them all of confidence.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, superniko said:

Go on then I’ll bite....

What about the game before that? Or the one before that? Or the one before that? Or even the one before that?

You can go back read the match threads for that. 

Expecting a win tonight was unrealistic. They are better then us. Yes it’s been bad lately, but this isn’t a defining game. 

Dont beat Coventry then yes serious issues 

No interest at all how any individual players are performing at this time.

It's all about getting a new manager, the vast majority of this squad are either pretty good for this league

or good enough, to challenge for a top 6 place with a half decent guy running things.

Edited by West Yorks Rover
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Hasta said:

As a preventetive measure, investing in defenders in general during the preceding years also helps.

True, and totally agree but when we signed the lad from Everton i don't think anyone thought it was a bad signing but the last minute city one was.  Especially when you consider Colin Hendry is on a free

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wood26 said:

You can go back read the match threads for that. 

Expecting a win tonight was unrealistic. They are better then us. Yes it’s been bad lately, but this isn’t a defining game. 

Dont beat Coventry then yes serious issues 

It's not about expecting wins, it's about expecting performances.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Stuart said:

There aren’t many players Mowbray has got the best out of. And those he has seem to have gone off the boil.

Just Armstrong who plays every minute of every game and has a role which suits him. Everyone else seems to have to take turns to keep a squad happy.

I put it down to poor man-management and not liking unhappy players around. The first team isn’t run as a meritocracy. It’s run as a nursery club for loanees and rotating a series of midfielders in and out because there is no money and no strategy, and no style of play or ethos we are trying to achieve.

The next manager who comes in has a lot of work to do just to get the right players in. An experienced, connected and shrewd Championship manager will be able to do that relatively cheaply. I just hope Mowbray hasn’t pissed away our last chance. With the training ground part of the owner’s exit strategy.

Venky's got us relegated from the Prem and to Division 1. It was Venky's, who pissed away all the parachute money and pissed away any opportunity to get back to the top flight.

Nothing will improve until they go....Just saying..

• Like 2

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Absolute rubbish imo.

Don't fall for Mowbray's spin. That squad would be capable of beating anyone in the Division under a decent manager.

Are we ignoring the £150m they banked last season and players on £50k+ a week?

It showed in parts tonight, the difference between Premiership players and Championship. 

We can't compete Rev.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

The problem is the manager. No consistency with starting selections, bizarre tactics, players out of position - the team don't look like they know what they're meant to be doing and I think he's completely drained them all of confidence.

Exactly this.

Coupled with the never-ending mess of a defence and expecting someone else's kids to dig us out of a hole. these are Mowbray's failings down to a tee.

Afraid he’s spoken. Taken from a random journo on Twitter:

Mowbray points out that Rovers have now had 20 different defensive  backlines this season, which he suggests hasn't helped his side. Also says he doesn't want to be a burden on the club, and Hope's that he isn't.

Mowbray is asked about his side's slide down the league, admits he has no defence. Insists it can happen to the best - cites Klopp and Mourninho recently but says he isn't comparing himself to them. Reiterates his "burden" comments but suggests that's for the owners to decide.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 1