BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

11 minutes ago, JohnGo said:

They are not taking the piss. Basic economics, they know we need the money, twelve months left on his contract. They can wait to the end of the window, if the three stooges don’t drop their valuation the Saints can wait until January when the valuation will have dropped. How’s that taking the piss, if the Rovers operated like this you’d be clapping your hands.

Spot on. The interested clubs are playing their hand well. They have the cash, we don't, we want to sell, players wants to go. Mowbray has spent a year at least pushing this sale.

In response to elsewhere Venkys will get their pants pulled down if they are not careful. Stubborn is one thing, pig-shit thick is another.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Yet again, where have we ever seen Armstrong has asked to leave? Its just speculation without evidence. 

OK AA really wants to stay at Rovers and it will break his heart to go to the PL and quadruple his wages.

He didn't really need the Mowbray 'mental break'

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

You are missing the point ARA I know every player worth his salt wants to go to the PL however he hasnt asked to leave he simply declined to sign the contract offer in front of him.

Doesn't a player lose out financially, if they ask to leave ?

• Like 4

1 minute ago, rigger said:

Doesn't a player lose out financially, if they ask to leave ?

I was going to say exactly the same thing. If he submits a transfer request I’m sure he loses out. If we sell him without him actually asking to leave then I think it’s slightly different. 

11 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

You are missing the point ARA I know every player worth his salt wants to go to the PL however he hasnt asked to leave he simply declined to sign the contract offer in front of him.

Fair points but it was never in AAs interest to formally request a transfer.

To officially ask to leave they have to submit a transfer request.

That puts the club in an awkward position but also opens up the player to lose out on potential pay offs. 

All depends how his contract was drawn up though obviously. There might already be a trigger fee that he previously agreed to for all we know.

7 minutes ago, Lucimo said:

In terms of potential fee I can't see this take it or leave it offer being more than £12m if they only offered £8m last time. 

Your probably right but with 40% going to Newcastle,agents fees ,loyalty bonuses and probably other associated costs is the sale financially worth it. May as well keep him and let him contribute to maintaining championship status.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mercer said:

Problem Gav is it's not that simple!

If no club coughs-up, we are left with a disenchanted player who will almost certainly either leave in January in a 'cut price' deal or will walk for nothing at the end of the season. 

If he was in the middle of a 5 year deal I think you might be right with us having a disenchanted player....however he only needs to wait 6 months, plays every game for us, bags a load of goals and on his merry way...

Thank fuck that’s over. Good luck Arma, shame we watched the best of you over a dodgy stream. 

Hope to god we haven’t traded money for a 12-month loan of a young player that may or may not be any good. 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, J*B said:

Thank fuck that’s over. Good luck Arma, shame we watched the best of you over a dodgy stream. 

Hope to god we haven’t traded money for a 12-month loan of a young player that may or may not be any good. 

If it's a player on a permanent - good.  If not, has to be cash only.

• Like 1