BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

25 minutes ago, Wood26 said:

With all due respect to the players that have just joined, that is an abysmal transfer window.

After losing 13 players, and with numerous contracts coming up in the summer, to only sign 1 player on a permanent basis is baffling. 

Clearly the overall aim in this window was to cut costs. No pretence anymore that our aim is top 6. Our sole aim is to try and stay in this league.

Not much to get excited about is it?

Edited by 47er
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

I could have told everyone 12 months ago that contrary to popular belief on the MB... they can't stand each other.

The same Waggott who said we were lucky to have Tony Mowbray at a FF meeting?

The same Waggott who sanctioned 'that' flag?

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Well.  At least we will find out if the  £12 million strikers we bought can actually do the job. 

Problem is, BB could smash 30 in this season and can walk out the door for nothing because of how grossly mismanaged our contracts have been.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Hi Mack said:

I’m hearing there has been a break down in the relationship between TM and Maggot. 

TM believes he’s being set up to fail with Maggot tying his hands behind his back.

I’ll try for a source but that’s come out of the club today.

I'd be very surprised if that was the case unless Waggott has ditched Mowbray in a belated attempt to save his own backside.

I would find it far more believable that the Coventrio have fallen completely out of favour with the owners.

• Like 4

Well that's been a shite window.

A ton of players gone. One brought in permanently, four loans.

28-goal striker not replaced at all.

£15 million brought in, 500k spent.

The only one of our youngsters sent out on loan isn't really that young anymore, is out of contract again in the summer, was pointlessly renewed even though we have no intention to use him, and is going back to the level he basically completed in the second half of last season.

I'm not sure which one of these bothers me the most.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, RTM08 said:

Problem is, BB could smash 30 in this season and can walk out the door for nothing because of how grossly mismanaged our contracts have been.

Or he could continue to be pretty useless on the whole and we haven't tied ourselves to him for the next 4 years.......roll the dice, take your chance😒  trouble is, nobody can predict what he will do

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, windymiller7 said:

Seriously hope you're right & this is the end for one if not all. However,  meanwhile, the great institution that is Blackburn Rovers Football Club plays piggy in the middle & suffers as a consequence!

Ooh, tough question everyone...

If you could only get rid of TM or SW, which one would it be?

(Yes yes we all wish it was both)

2 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I would find it far more believable that the Coventrio have fallen completely out of favour with the owners.

The fact they are still here doesn’t support this. Or if it is the case then Venky’s are being as negligent and incompetent as ever.

We all know the Armstrong money won't be available come January or next summer. Maybe like a million of it if we are very lucky.

I think we are now in the position of entirely relying on our academy to produce. Loaning 5 last season already wasn't ideal, as the manager admitted. Ideally we'd have been recruiting permanent players to replace the loans, but instead we have gone backwards on players we actually own. What have we lost, 7 this summer? With 1 incoming. With no real money to spend, we are going to be incredibly reliant on producing our own players, even assuming we manage to tie down next summer's expirees. Assuming no more big money sales of course.

Anyone remember when the day to day running of the club wasn't done by a bunch of useless, incompetent, self serving parasites?

How amazing would it be, to have a group of people running the show, who actually had the clubs best interests at heart?

A pipe dream under these utter clowns.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Ooh, tough question everyone...

If you could only get rid of TM or SW, which one would it be?

(Yes yes we all wish it was both)

Good question.

I’d get rid of swag first. Then if stumble on a decent replacement they’d almost certainly get rid of Mowbray or at the very least kick him up his backside. 

I'm disappointed we've not signed a striker, but I'd have been equally disappointed if we'd splurged millions on another hit and hope like Brereton or Gallagher.

If the clubs new model is to strike when the right value deal is available and avoid paying well over the odds for "potential" then I can get behind it.

The fact that Tayo Edun came out of nowhere and got done at a fairly small fee suggests that this is what we're looking to do. I don't mind us avoiding paying millions on players but the model needs to be consistent and it needs to have longevity.

If the idea is £750k at most per player, 20-24 age bracket, less than 10kpw wages - fine, but I don't want to see us completely back track on it and sign a 33 year old on 40kpw next summer.

17 minutes ago, Vilesinner said:

We already have plenty of those. We have plenty of attacking options. 

I don’t fancy our chances with a couple of kids and a couple of disappointments (even if they have started the season okay). We’re relying on pure chance now, especially as Ayala is due a bruised leg anytime now. When that happens the floodgates will open.

I don’t even think the likes of Butterworth and McBride will feature much. He will be playing the full back he’s just signed as a false 9.

Wharton and Dack returning may improve things but how long is that going to take?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JoeH said:

The fact that Tayo Edun came out of nowhere and got done at a fairly small fee suggests that this is what we're looking to do.

Joe, you are trying to suggest what we do is planned.  It looks the complete opposite.  Why buy a left back a few weeks after just bringing a new one in? What does it say to the Crewe boy? I don't rate him but he must be thinking WTF.....we don't even have a right back tied up...obviously RN is off

You've pandered to the club here mate for some reason.

Edited by Sparks Rover
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

The fact they are still here doesn’t support this. Or if it is the case then Venky’s are being as negligent and incompetent as ever.

Can't really explain why they're still here. There is a non-sinister reason that I've heard put forward and it may be correct but if true it flies in the face of common sense and good business practice.

21 minutes ago, Tom said:

Is there a solid argument that we are stronger in any position other than left back?

Keepers - same 

Right back - lost back up in Bennett, otherwise same, Nyambe near end of contract but Pike and Carter showing promise 

Central Defence - lost THB and (thankfully) Branthwaite, brought in the Dutch lad. Carter and Wharton seem to be a future pairing but Ayala staying fit (big if) is crucial - Lenihan nearing end of contract 

Left Back - Bell and Douglas gone, neither a big loss, Pickering looks ok and new lad could be a good un - progress 

Central midfield - lost a playmaker in Holtby and backup options in Evans and Trybull (neither a huge loss) brought in Clarkson who seems to occupy similar positions to Buckley

Wing forwards - brought in Poveda and Kedra, could be good but big ask to replace Elliotts contributions

Strikers - lost a 29 goal man, not replaced at all

It seems we are now reliant on a number of attacking players chipping in with goals but the concern is we’ve lost 40 or so goals from last season and brought in players with less than a handful of career goals (maybe even games) between them 

I'd say on the face of it the squad much weaker.

Last season we had a 28 goal striker, loans which were exceptional in harwood-bellis and Elliott (both come with big reputations and expectations) both delivered with interest.

I think our summer dealings has us at least 5 places lower come the end of the season, if not more if we cannot plug the goals we've lost.

We have started the season well, but have done so the last couple of seasons. February onwards we press the self distruct button. I'm not sure this time we will get enough points on the board come january to prevent us being dragged into the relegation fight.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, JoeH said:

I'm disappointed we've not signed a striker, but I'd have been equally disappointed if we'd splurged millions on another hit and hope like Brereton or Gallagher.

If the clubs new model is to strike when the right value deal is available and avoid paying well over the odds for "potential" then I can get behind it.

The fact that Tayo Edun came out of nowhere and got done at a fairly small fee suggests that this is what we're looking to do. I don't mind us avoiding paying millions on players but the model needs to be consistent and it needs to have longevity.

If the idea is £750k at most per player, 20-24 age bracket, less than 10kpw wages - fine, but I don't want to see us completely back track on it and sign a 33 year old on 40kpw next summer.

I think all of us could get behind that model, given the current state of things. It’s quite a long game though, and multiple loans can’t work alongside that approach effectively.

Unfortunately I don’t really think there is any real plan at all, and the final scenario you mention is certainly possible.

We seem to have no discernible structure with Manager, recruitment team, owners, CEO, Suhail, and god knows who else doing their own thing.

Edited by Miller11
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Joe, you are trying to suggest what we do is planned.  It looks the complete opposite.  Why buy a left back a few weeks after just bringing a new one in? What does it say to the Crewe boy? I don't rate him but he must be thinking WTF.....we don't even have a right back tied up...obviously RN is off

You've pandered to the club here mate for some reason.

I think in Pickering & Edun you can see that there's clearly a hope to bring in players of a certain age, at a certain price point. They're our last two permanent additions. 

These wet behind the ear local "journalists" aren't helping. So may questions that could be asked. If they did their job properly they'd be feeling extremely uncomfortable in each press conference. The last thing you need with a management team like this is a bunch of messenger boys.

• Like 3

I've seen a few saying that it is difficult to get deals done.

So?

What does the club pay these people for? Isn't the very function of a professional football club to be able to recruit and strengthen?

The trouble we have here is that since the day we got promoted back to the Championship neither Mowbray or Waggott have been under any sort of pressure. They are left to set their own targets, carry on even if they miss them and there are no consequences to them. The media lap up all their excuses. 

Anywhere else they would have a board setting targets and if they weren't hit they would be fired. On that basis there would be a lot more urgency and pressure to get bodies in and strengthen. 

Here - who cares? Not going up either way, probably have enough to limp to survival either way. Not worth kicking up a fuss over. Mowbray will still be here and getting paid come next summer unless he packs it in.

• Like 1