BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

1 hour ago, Mellor Rover said:

Keiffer Moore is a mental signing for them. May as well sign Andy Caroll! Not even close to suiting their style.

If he is on their wish list then it means Solanke might be off. Similarly, Billings was being looked at by wham fc so again, that might be a reason for them to look at Rothwell.

A factor not mentioned is that his WAG is entrenched in the Manchester socialite arena and even with a young child is still always out along with the others and their crowd. Not soo sure she would want to move to the Bournemouth OAP bingo halls just yet

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Bournemouth wages wont be bigger than Rovers offer unless they guarantee a huge pay rise SHOULD they get promoted. If they fail then they are lumped with another huge loss, a small fan base, small stadium and not very good prospects unless of course they get rid of the manager.

wont they be getting the Sky 'Losers bung'  parachute payments still?? gives them a huge [albeit temporary] advantage over the Championship Clubs .....

1 hour ago, only2garners said:

He's not even the best midfielder in the Rovers team.

Absolute rubbish John. All of our first choice midfielders have different qualities and on the evidence of this season they compliment each other really well.

Who else in the Rovers midfield can travel with the ball and score from distance like Rothwell did at Cardiff?

• Like 2

Just now, Glosrover said:

wont they be getting the Sky 'Losers bung'  parachute payments still?? gives them a huge [albeit temporary] advantage over the Championship Clubs .....

Parachute payments only last two years don't they and this is their second season in the Championship?

The two names I've heard linked with loan moves to Rovers are Jack Bearne (would be a terrific signing - very highly rated) and George Nunn (needs 1st team game time and a better chance of Rovers getting). 

4 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

If he is on their wish list then it means Solanke might be off. Similarly, Billings was being looked at by wham fc so again, that might be a reason for them to look at Rothwell.

A factor not mentioned is that his WAG is entrenched in the Manchester socialite arena and even with a young child is still always out along with the others and their crowd. Not soo sure she would want to move to the Bournemouth OAP bingo halls just yet

Mr and Mrs R. can go where they want in summer. Just not now.

Hopefully we'll be a relatively attractive proposition by then having been promoted.

We might not even want Rothwell if that happens, might go for better, although I'd certainly like to see how he could do for us in the Prem. Imo get outside the top four or five Clubs and there's some god awful players at the rest stealing a living.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Were they not under review Rev? Whatever happens if there is a second year in the Championship after relegation there is a huge financial hit and of course dont the stupid incompetent issues around ffp come into place?

Apologies it's three years at the moment seemingly (£90m) but discussions have been held with a view to modifying them or scrapping them on the basis it encourages other Clubs to spend money they haven't got in an attempt to keep up.

Either way Bournemouth would have a job paying Rothwell an exorbitant wage if they hadn't been promoted by the end of next season.

All completely academic as we won't be selling him to them.

Edited by RevidgeBlue

24 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Absolute rubbish John. All of our first choice midfielders have different qualities and on the evidence of this season they compliment each other really well.

Who else in the Rovers midfield can travel with the ball and score from distance like Rothwell did at Cardiff?

I’m not sure buyers would have a goal at the top of their decision factors given he’s averaged three goals a season for his entire career to date. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

I’m not sure buyers would have a goal at the top of their decision factors given he’s averaged three goals a season for his entire career to date. 

Nevertheless on this season's form, which is all that really matters, he'd be a huge loss to us if he left in Jan, even if he didn't go to a direct competitor.

Bournemouth broke the rules when they got promoted to the PL in the first place and unless I'm mistaken were never sanctioned for it so looks to me like their wealthy owner will be able to continue funding them beyond their means without issue.

I’m not sure Rothwell walks into the weekly team sheet at Bournemouth. So he certainly would want to consider the career prospects of showcasing his talent with us vs fighting for playing time for another club. This entire thing is nonsense. They want him more to destabilize us than for him to help them.  Rothwell going no where.  We know it, they know it, Rothwell knows it. That’s why all 3 bids have been low offers. It’s just an attempt to cause dissent and distraction.  It’s as clever (and transparent) as it gets from kings park. 

Sandbanks, The english riviera, closer to London, probably a hefty pay rise and signing on fee.

Plenty to tempt a young footballer and wife.

Rothers should have been have been tied up a while ago but it looked like nobody down there rated him enough. Another angle is he and his reps have had a sniff of this all along and have always fancied it on the quiet.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, tomphil said:

Sandbanks, The english riviera, closer to London, probably a hefty pay rise and signing on fee.

Rothers should have been have been tied up a while ago but it looked like nobody down there rated him enough. Another angle is he and his reps have had a sniff of this all along and have always fancied it on the quiet.

Many clubs including Championship clubs no longer do signing on fees, they tend to use loyalty bonus payments through the players contract. Eases the tax burden allegedly🤑

13 minutes ago, tomphil said:

It takes 20 minutes longer to get to London from Bournemouth than it does from MCR.

8 minutes ago, Russ said:

Bournemouth trying to sign everyone

IMG_20220125_165302.jpg

If we were to bring any attacker (that is a realistic target) in this window my first choice would be Dembele. 

High resale value, match fit, knows the championship and would fit our style of play perfectly. Importantly would provide an alternative paced option other than Khadra. 

Edited by TruRover
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Simon - you're right that only Rothwell can travel quickly with the ball and score like Rothwell did. And I agree that other midfielders have a range of different qualities and all are very useful

But what Rothwell is best at does not in itself make a top midfielder. Buckley (for it is he) can routinely take defenders out of the game with his passing, can press and steals the ball frequently. 

I have been critical of Rothwell in the past for not working hard enough, particularly when defending and doesn't have a good football brain, frequently opting to beat players and lose the ball in dangerous positions. This season he has improved on all those aspects and is now a valuable member of the team. But Buckley's better and is of an age where he may well get better still.

My opinion Simon - it's the only one I've got.

• Like 4