BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Bradford City (a) 23/08/2022 League Cup

• Upside Down changed the title to v Bradford City (a) 23/08/2022 League Cup

The real dilemma is whether to risk Ayala and Phillips. Personally I wouldn't risk either. I would be looking to play Louis Annesely alongside Pickering. Whenever I've seen him he has been steady but it really is a case of needs must. Sink or swim time.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, arbitro said:

The real dilemma is whether to risk Ayala and Phillips. Personally I wouldn't risk either. I would be looking to play Louis Annesely alongside Pickering. Whenever I've seen him he has been steady but it really is a case of needs must. Sink or swim time.

In my opinion Pratt is better than Annesley. At center-half, you don't want steady. You need someone who can head and tackle and is strong. Annesley is none of those things, 

Edited by rigger

Given our excessively threadbare squad (and avoiding relegation could become a priority)Ayala,Kaminski,Travis,Brittain,Diaz,Phillips & Gallagher cant be risked. Add on our high list of injured players. So SS first name on the teamsheet for me- makes the number up and saves the other players.

So  Im going with Pears- JRC ,Pratt, Pickering, Batty- Edun,Morton,Wharton(A)- Markanday,Vale,Szmodics.

Not sure I even want to risk Dolan or Buckley if Smallwood is playing - not confident of a result with that set-up but how many more players can we afford to lose to injury? 

Bradford beat Hull City live on Sky in the last round and I wouldn't put it past them to knock us out on Tuesday, been invited on corporate by a City fan, be rude not to.

Last time I went to Valley Parade it was standing on away end and lively walking back to the station.

Bradford 1 Rovers 2 

Going to this for nostalgia purposes remember some good evening trips there back in the day, always a good turnout in the old away end.   Always aggro outside some nasty gits followed them then, in fact not even sure they followed them they just spilled out of pubs at full time looking for visiting stragglers.

Same team as Hartlepool if possible just replace Wharton with Pickering NOT Ayala.

I'd rather get dumped out than loose players to injury.

• Like 1

We can't afford to lose this one, however disposable the tie seems at face value.

It would mean 3 straight defeats, including being knocked out of the cup by a lower league team.

I think he'll pick a strong a team as possible to get some positive momentum back.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Waggy76 said:

My gut feeling is the Bradford manager will be far to savvy for us....A very physical game awaits , can we cope ??

Can see Hughesy saying in their dressing room get into these early doors they don't fancy it..get em running scared and we will be in the hat for the next round

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Athlete said:

Can see Hughesy saying in their dressing room get into these early doors they don't fancy it..get em running scared and we will be in the hat for the next round

They have a big strong centre forward who's knocking em in at the moment. ..we need to stop crosses so that's us fucked.  I'm lumping on the mighty bantams.

• Like 1

This is a home win banker.  A physical Bradford and Hughes will be up for it like a house on fire. 

We haven't a prayer.

JDT will take no risks with any key player.

Earn yourself some early Christmas spending money.  I put a bundle on Bradford last night at 3/1.  This really is an opportunity to fill yer boots.

1 hour ago, Darrenbot said:

Maybe it's just me but i'd never have a bet to say Rovers will lose a game.Yes you could win some money but i'd rather not win anything than profit from a Rovers defeat.

Bet with your head not your heart

Return of Hughes, Chapman, Smallwood (and Matt Platt and Yann Songo'o) will give them added motivation but if the team can re-find their self-belief and structure, we should surely win. Chapman has, I note, kept his place in the starting eleven, so may be finding some consistency, as, apparently a No.10.

Hopefully, it'll be a chance to find the foundations of the team again - i.e get the central midfield and defence working again. I'm not sure how this can be done, whether a formation change is needed or introduction of new players but this needs to be a springboard.

We really need Morton to do something because the midfield is looking very weak at the moment. Perhaps, testing out 4--5-1, with Dack as the experimental forward. I'd also look to throw in Batty or Cirino at LB. It's just not working with the others. Although, it's a risk, as our team is inexperienced as it is.

Edited by riverholmes