BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bradley Dack - Twist or Stick?

49 minutes ago, Hi Mack said:

We needed a striker before Dack and Diaz left now we are ridiculously short on fire power.

Gallagher, Vale, Dolan and Leonard 😳

Fortunately the closed season hasn’t even started yet.

(Feel free to drag up this post when we still only have those four in a couple of months time 🫣)

13 minutes ago, ben_the_beast said:

There's no player we've had in recent times that deserves a thank you as much as Bradley Dack. 

Rovers have been a lifelong obsession for me and pre-Venkys, if you'd ever told me I could fall out of love with Rovers I wouldn't believe it. It didn't happen, but through the years of Kean, Jerome Anderson, the Bradley Orrs and just a long, long line of people who clearly didn't have the clubs best interests at heart, I was being worn down. It had come to the point where I wanted us to win every game but it was always through gritted teeth. I couldn't see any hope for the future. 

There were a few people who contributed towards turning that around. Mulgrew, Graham staying on. Even Mowbray in his early days. They actually wanted to do well for the club.

Above all of them though, was Dacky. It wasn't just his goals, but the fact he played with a smile on his face, the energy he brought into the club and the fact you could see he really cared about Rovers. On the pitch, the fact he played such a big part in getting us out of League 1 at the first attempt in my eyes, is one of the most pivotal points in our history. The club was truly dying before that season. 

I was devastated when he picked up his first injury, and then his second. We've had wonderful players at the club in the past. Ones with more talent, but for me Dack goes down as a legend. Some will debate that and that's ok. But for a player to come along and help me fall back in love with Rovers cements his place there for me. 

I truly hope he gets regular minutes and stays injury free. He deserves it and you can see he's a player that just loves playing football. So thank you from the bottom of my heart, for bringing the joy back and all the best Dacky. I've been a Rovers fan a long time now and you'll always be up there as an all time favourite. 

For me it was Dack, Rhodes and Mulgrew who brought some magic back into supporting Rovers. Sadly we’re now saying goodbye to probably the best of them and embarking on an exciting/scary rebuilding project. Perhaps the new talisman for the club will be JDT as he builds a fresh new squad to get us all excited 😬

• Like 2

Very sad news, no room for sentiment though in sport 😢 

Ultimately it COULD be the right decision if the wages are spent wisely and goal scorers are incoming. Likewise it could be a disaster, as of yesterday Dack was probably our best goal scorer 🤯

Suppose I'll reserve judgement, for now 

• Like 1

Sad day, but inevitable in the circumstances & probably best for all concerned.  He was the brightest spark that helped lead us out of some very dark times, and for that I'll always be grateful. 

To suffer two such horrendous injuries consecutively like he did was so unlucky. He was on the cusp I think of helping us to better things, either as part of a team challenging at the top or as a sold asset, realising some 2000%+ of his purchase price.

Easily Mowbray's finest moment for us.

Good luck to him in the future wherever he ends up,he deserves some good news.

• Like 8

We all knew this was coming as despite a decent spell after Christmas he seemed to fall out of favour with JDT again. Still a bit gutted though as I think we could have found a way to use his instincts around the box. Those two injuries were a sickener right in his prime. 

5 minutes ago, benhben said:

We all knew this was coming as despite a decent spell after Christmas he seemed to fall out of favour with JDT again. Still a bit gutted though as I think we could have found a way to use his instincts around the box. Those two injuries were a sickener right in his prime. 

In fairness he got injured. 

As sad as it is there's no way we could justify spending so much a week on those wages. And also no way he would or should sign a deal here for less. He'd be a worth a punt for most sides on the right wage and I hope he does well and stays for wherever he ends up. It's such a shame he got that first big injury. He was so close to probably getting a premier league move and for me was the best player in the championship at the time. 

Edited by Danny O.Brien
  • Like 2

55 minutes ago, ben_the_beast said:

There's no player we've had in recent times that deserves a thank you as much as Bradley Dack. 

Rovers have been a lifelong obsession for me and pre-Venkys, if you'd ever told me I could fall out of love with Rovers I wouldn't believe it. It didn't happen, but through the years of Kean, Jerome Anderson, the Bradley Orrs and just a long, long line of people who clearly didn't have the clubs best interests at heart, I was being worn down. It had come to the point where I wanted us to win every game but it was always through gritted teeth. I couldn't see any hope for the future. 

There were a few people who contributed towards turning that around. Mulgrew, Graham staying on. Even Mowbray in his early days. They actually wanted to do well for the club.

Above all of them though, was Dacky. It wasn't just his goals, but the fact he played with a smile on his face, the energy he brought into the club and the fact you could see he really cared about Rovers. On the pitch, the fact he played such a big part in getting us out of League 1 at the first attempt in my eyes, is one of the most pivotal points in our history. The club was truly dying before that season. 

I was devastated when he picked up his first injury, and then his second. We've had wonderful players at the club in the past. Ones with more talent, but for me Dack goes down as a legend. Some will debate that and that's ok. But for a player to come along and help me fall back in love with Rovers cements his place there for me. 

I truly hope he gets regular minutes and stays injury free. He deserves it and you can see he's a player that just loves playing football. So thank you from the bottom of my heart, for bringing the joy back and all the best Dacky. I've been a Rovers fan a long time now and you'll always be up there as an all time favourite. 

Great post. Loved that season in league one (but one was enough) and he along with DG and mulgrew were the highlight. The manager must have a replacement in mind or Gregg the egg does. Because the easy and probably cheaper option would be to just use the extension clause in his contract. I saw a video of Dolan earlier with a certain Joao felix festired. I'm not sure he'd get in ahead of szmodics but it'd be a decent option off the bench.

• Like 1

Gutted at this news but not surprised. When the club needed a hero Dacky stepped up and was THE man for 3 seasons before injuries struck. A fantastic footballer, I loved watching him and I still believe he could've made the difference at the back end of last season if played more.

All the best Bradley.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, wilsdenrover said:

Fortunately the closed season hasn’t even started yet.

(Feel free to drag up this post when we still only have those four in a couple of months time 🫣)

Oh I know, I’m not saying we should have made all our signings……I mean we have our work cut out and I don’t have much faith in Broughton after Januarys debacle.

he failed to get one striker in, we need 3! 🙈

• Like 1

If he is going to Charlton he won't be on anything close to the money he was on here.

Surely he won't step down to league one someone in the championship will offer him a contract and if not Mowbray at Sunderland I could see Millwall taking an interest in him.Be sad to see him drop down to that level again he still has the ability to play at this level with a team that will suit his style and a manager who values him more 

• Like 1