BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Plymouth Argyle (a) - 2/9/23

22 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

The Argyle fans are saying we're the best team they've played this season, for what it's worth. 

Yep I got the same from an Argyle fan outside the ground. Said he felt he'd mugged us...in between laughing at how bad Sam Gallagher was

• Like 1

All those moaning on here about not wanting Batth and him being to old, today when Hyam went off showed exactly why we needed an experienced head have as an option at centre back, Carthorse and Wharton were disastrous together.

And anyone who thinks we had a good window just look at that bench of ours today there was absolutely nothing on it to bring on to change and win us the game. I wouldn't blame JDT one bit if he walked he deserves better than Venkys, Waggott & Broughton they have let him down badly and none of them should be anywhere a club such as ours.

1 hour ago, J*B said:

Have you watched him? From what I see he’s got a decent record in the German equivalent of our league two. What makes you think he’s anywhere near up to standard? How many would Gallagher score in the Regionalliga? More than 21 is my guess. 

But you wanted us to sign Macaulay Langstaff who is 26 and has only played one full season of football above the 6th tier of English football.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

All those moaning on here about not wanting Batth and him being to old, today when Hyam went off showed exactly why we needed an experienced head have as an option at centre back, Carthorse and Wharton were disastrous together.

And anyone who thinks we had a good window just look at that bench of ours today there was absolutely nothing on it to bring on to change and win us the game. I wouldn't blame JDT one bit if he walked he deserves better than Venkys, Waggott & Broughton they have let him down badly and none of them should be anywhere a club such as ours.

But you wanted us to sign Macaulay Langstaff who is 26 and has only played one full season of football above the 6th tier of English football.

Langstaff is garbage, L2 level at best and you can copy that and get ready to paste it for as long as you choose.

4 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

And I’d have similar hopes for him as I do the one we have signed!

I don’t mind the signing, I hope he does well. My frustration is with people who suddenly think all our goal scoring problems have been answered despite never seeing him play and having nothing to compare him against. 

• Like 2

Just watched the high lights. We let in three bad goals time to change the goalkeeper how we did not score is beyond me. The score looks bad and it is but the performance was not that bad expect for goalkeepers the forwards and our defence apart from that there were good 😂

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, LDRover said:

Yep I got the same from an Argyle fan outside the ground. Said he felt he'd mugged us...in between laughing at how bad Sam Gallagher was

To quote Richard lll '  a horse a horse my kingdom for a horse '

JDT will my say 'my Kingdom for Simon Garner ' 

I have been going on Ewood for over 50 years , I've seen better obviously but only Speedie at this level...

If you don't score , you don't win....Simples !

Edited by Waggy76
  • Like 4

49 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

The Argyle fans are saying we're the best team they've played this season, for what it's worth. 

Yes it does matter at this point. It gives everyone - players, manager, fans - a sense of hope. It’s a hell of a lot better than being clueless from K.O.

I/we’ve seen this before though. You can play some really good football but eventually if you’re not winning confidence suffers and performances fall away. 

This is where the transfer window was so very important. There has to be enough quality throughout the squad to win games. The backing to ensure that isn’t there. That’s the gamble that the owners have taken. They have decided we don’t want, or can’t afford a recognised championship goal scorer. I’ve no doubt that they either don’t understand the importance of that or they just don’t care anymore.

JDT will know that as do pretty much all of us. 

Don’t know why I bothered posting this really. It’s so bloody obvious.

Edited by den
  • Like 9

7 minutes ago, den said:

Yes it does matter at this point. It gives everyone - players, manager, fans - a sense of hope. It’s a hell of a lot better than being clueless from K.O.

I/we’ve seen this before though. You can play some really good football but eventually if you’re not winning confidence suffers and performances fall away. 

This is where the transfer window was so very important. There has to be enough quality throughout the squad to win games. The backing to ensure that isn’t there. That’s the gamble that the owners have taken. They have decided we don’t want, or can’t afford a recognised championship goal scorer. I’ve no doubt that they either don’t understand the importance of that or they just don’t care anymore.

JDT will know that as do pretty much all of us. 

Don’t know why I bothered posting this really. It’s so bloody obvious.

Bang on.... Whilst I don't like criticism of our own players we were crying out for a proven goalscorer today. 

We should have been 2 up at half time but for some reason our forwards decided to wear leg irons today and every chance was a scuffed effort. I think it would have been better to use those charity models outside of newsagents in the old days, the ones with coin slots in their heads and wearing calipers on one leg. 

Very disappointed with how it ended despite our good start to the game. 

I've been a supporter of Pears during his stint in goal but after today we surely have to give the Swedish chef his chance. 

Travis (ty)..... Don't know what to say about his performance today. He looked very poor imho. 

Well done to those that made the 600 + miles round trip. Credit to our club. 

• Like 1

Yeah, Pears was poor but he had no chance with the goal that was deflected. If he'd saved that people would have complained he'd been diving the wrong way.

Let's get the new boys up to speed for after the break.

Edited by bazza

50 minutes ago, den said:

they either don’t understand the importance of that or they just don’t care anymore.

But why do they want to leave it to their children then?

I don't think the owners are all on the same page as it seems like a push me pull me thing going on. If they really wanted us they'd run us better. Yet they won't get rid of us even though we're a net negative for them.

We're not going anywhere until they go, that much is clear to me.

I'm sorry for those who travelled a long way to see us pumped by Plymouth, I hope you get back safe. Win lose or draw, it all leaves me emotionally flat these days. It seems like a bum deal to get emotionally involved in something that's at the whim of morons who don't care. They've run the club in such a shambolic manner for so long now, it's chipped away at the joy I had following rovers through the good times and bad. It's been one abject humiliation for which I will never forgive.

Edited by broadsword
  • Like 7

Daylight robbery that we lost today but the same can be said about the Watford game. That's the championship for you. 

There's no doubt that the game turned on the horror miss from Hedges. Hyam going off also highlighted why it was a mistake not to sign Batth. We need experience in the team but failed to sign any at all in the window.

I didn't like the tactics today, it was all out attack from minute one which left our defence horribly exposed. One loose pass and they were running at our defence with no midfield protection. Better teams will pick us off easily if we play that open away from home. 

Asking Trav to play the role he played today is not his game. He's a warrior as he showed against Watford but he's short on technical ability higher up the pitch. JRC is more suited to that role (when he's back fit).

We need to change the "we can score more goals than you" approach as we don't have the firepower for that.

I am concerned that we are pinning our goal scoring hopes on someone who's not got any real pedigree. The odds are against him but I hope he can be our 15+ goalscorer. 

• Like 2

• Backroom
50 minutes ago, danger19_80 said:

Eh? Vast majority of our new signings weren't even on the bench 

Tbf that's part of the problem, in terms of our early signings two are unfit/injured and the other seems to be below Garrett in the pecking order. Wahlstedt meanwhile is behind Pears but surely has to get a chance to show what he can do after today. 

Hill is a 3rd/4th choice CB so not going to give us a major boost, Telalovic is a total unknown who hasn't played at this kind of level in his career to date, and it's also Moran's first shot at this level, having spent his career thus far mostly playing for Brighton u21's.

I think it's fair to have some concern at this point. We are hoping Siggy hits the ground running and stays fit, that the likes of Telalovic, Moran and Wahlstedt take to the division like ducks to water. Otherwise we're relying on less talented players taking on the roles vacated by the likes of Kaminski, Diaz and Dack. I look at the squad and just don't think we have what we need to progress from last season. After the stunt Venky's pulled this summer in withdrawing funding at a critical stage, I can't imagine JDT being too happy with the current state of play. 

Edited by DE.
  • Like 1

• Backroom
4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Hyam is ill.

“I don’t know the reason for that, it could be because it has been a very busy week with a lot of travelling and sitting on the bus with air conditioning.”

I love how JDT finds ways to bring up the bus in every interview 😂

• Like 4