BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

5 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

I started reading that story in the LT but was distracted by the most read story:-

The Lancashire beauty spots being used for dogging | Lancashire Telegraph

Anyway, I'm off for a drive....

car park on belmont road close to tockholes is the wembley stadium of dogging,apparently it`s where the top doggers assemble to strut their stuff😛

• Like 3

Mowbray's defeat at Wycombe proves we won't finish with his target of 70 points. Another self-designated target missed. Of course Mowbray has to go. Venkys are not running this club as a going concern. Expecting the Football league to act is about as promising as expecting Venkys to clear out the managerial/executive dross.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ulrich said:

Tuchel on losing 5-2 to Sam

"There is no need to concede five goals when you have our quality," he told BBC Sport. "We are all in on that - myself included.

See TM a top manager openly stating he warrants some blame too.

In fairness TM ALWAYS says he won't hide from a result (or run away from or other such words.) Problem is he then spends the rest of the interview doing just that offering every excuse under the sun. Lousy human being imo. 

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

In fairness TM ALWAYS says he won't hide from a result (or run away from or other such words.) Problem is he then spends the rest of the interview doing just that offering every excuse under the sun. Lousy human being imo. 

TM manages to contradict himself in the same sentence, I gave up listening to him before we got relegated. If I was a player under him I'd have earpods in all the time. 

I can just see him on the training pitch giving instructions, you need to go more over to the left son and a bit to the right and if you can get a bit forwards and backwards, that would be great.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, DE. said:

The only minor positive from this disaster is that it proves to those who insist otherwise that the owners are indeed as clueless and apathetic as the day they darkened our doors. Nothing learnt, nothing gained and nothing to be optimistic about with them at the helm. If Mowbray goes the best we can hope for is that they luck into a cheap appointment who does well for a couple of seasons. That's our limit under the present regime and always will be, as they are simply unsuited in every way to own a successful football club. 

It's definitely a wake up call to fans who are softening to their continued debt undertaking ( debt they've created ).

Seems they took an interest again because we got promoted, briefly got excited and got the cheque book out only to be told 'slow build' and please give me 15 million annually for stability.

Now in typical rich Indian business nature they lost interest when it was clear there'd be no double bounce. A few years down the line it's going tits up so they inevitably bury their heads in the sand. Ignoring it other than leaving instructions to keep the lights on.

Yep, it's still 'us' and 'them'.

2 hours ago, DE. said:

The only minor positive from this disaster is that it proves to those who insist otherwise that the owners are indeed as clueless and apathetic as the day they darkened our doors. Nothing learnt, nothing gained and nothing to be optimistic about with them at the helm. If Mowbray goes the best we can hope for is that they luck into a cheap appointment who does well for a couple of seasons. That's our limit under the present regime and always will be, as they are simply unsuited in every way to own a successful football club. 

Yep. The most frustrating part of it is the unknown. How long will they continue to fund us? How long will they continue to own us? Genuinely feel like I won’t ever really enjoy following Rovers until they p*ss off. Just the ten years and counting.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 4

If there is one positive in all this it is the uniting of the fan base or certainly on here. Seemed pretty toxic when I joined 6 weeks or so ago but don't think I've seen anything like it for a few weeks as just about everyone on here is in agreement.

Makes no difference to the situation unfortunately and I think like others have suggested, money talks and the drying up of season ticket funds might be enough in the Summer to wake the owners up. Maybe TM talking about loans and frees is a sign he doesn't expect any funds because ticket sales will be low whilst he remains in place.

In everyday business when things run poorly a 3rd party expert comes in to run the rule over what's been going on and advises of changes and where its gone wrong. How I'd love for that right now. Someone brutal and honest like Roy Keane giving an opinion on what has developed, so long as the owners would actually take notice and do something with it.

It's refreshing to see managers like Allardyce still animated on the touchline, wanting to influence things or Arteta talking about their defeat, accepting responsibility specifically for not getting the best out of his players and vowing to improve.

All things I wish we had in good or bad times. Ultimately it's just a bit of passion.

19 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

car park on belmont road close to tockholes is the wembley stadium of dogging,apparently it`s where the top doggers assemble to strut their stuff😛

Someone should tell Tony about the site, he might finally see some action in front of him. Knowing Tony though, he'd just bring his car to a stop over three parking spaces then sit there and watch. 

In fact, that'd make it all possession and no penetration for about the 708th time this season...

Edited by TheRoversReturn
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, TheRoversReturn said:

Someone should tell Tony about the site, he might finally see some action in front of him. Knowing Tony though, he'd just bring his car to a stop over three parking spaces then sit there and watch. 

In fact, that'd make it all possession and no penetration for about the 708th time this season...

He most likely get a bit of shut eye particularly if he’s been kept awake during his usual nap time of 15:00-17:00

• Like 1

Has one player come out to support the manager? Haven't seen it. They barely even acknowledge the defeats on social media, it's always the same regurgitated generic sentence. 

Actually, has Mowbray once ,at at any time, after any game accepted responsibility or any blame for a defeat? Man of integrity my ass 

Honestly cannot stomach listening to him anymore. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 8

14 hours ago, Blue blood said:

I won’t run away from a result, roughly translated to, I won’t be resigning after this one either. 

• Like 6

I read a “ post “ on Facebook earlier....as usual , littered with expletives at someone suggesting Mowbray should go.......and he finished it with.........”.support him and support the club or.....we could end up like Bolton “.....  now, there is a thought..

.. How they have been to hell and back during the past 3 or 4 seasons ...duped by ownership whose only interests were self, lead by management out of its depth, paying players with no heart or guts to fight for the shirt....does that sound familiar?

...and where are they now? A united fan base  great in number, owned by people who have a genuine interest in the club and its community, lead by a manager who is progressive in his approach playing players in their correct positions .... and where do they sit currently?......in the automatic play off spots ..

..maybe, just maybe that is our only way out . Their fans have that something we crave......pride in our club...

Edited by Dolly blue
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Dolly blue said:

I read a “ post “ on Facebook earlier....as usual , littered with expletives at someone suggesting Mowbray should go.......and he finished it with.........”.support him and support the club or.....we could end up like Bolton “.....  now, there is a thought..

.. How they have been to hell and back during the past 3 or 4 seasons ...duped by ownership whose only interests were self, lead by management out of its depth, paying players with no heart or guts to fight for the shirt....does that sound familiar?

...and where are they now? A united fan base  great in number, owned by people who have a genuine interest in the club and its community, lead by a manager who is progressive in his approach playing players in their correct positions .... and where do they sit currently?......in the automatic play off spots ..

..maybe, just maybe that is our only way out . Their fans have that something we crave......pride in our club...

I said something similar the other day on twitter.

People often throw around Bolton and Wigan as the warning against wanting change as that could be us.

Yet from where I'm sitting both now have clean slates and can begin their journeys back with a fresh start

Both have been through hell. But as you say Bolton now debt free and closing in on promotion. Their season ticket sales put ours to shame.

Wigan have come through admin. They may go down to League Two or may survive but have cleared the debt and are now owned by a Bahraini who has communicated more in a few days than Venkys have in a decade. He might be a crap owner but I think he'll have more idea than Venkys.

I make a prediction now that both Bolton and Wigan will be in the Championship under new ownership and sensible management before we are rid of Venkys or in the PL.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Dolly blue said:

It is true that whilst these owners are here they are sustaining the mess they created and we are still at a better level than some.

However it won't last forever and whilst this continues we just seem to live in suspended animation. Just loitering in a void of nothingness waiting for a miracle or the inevitable next implosion.

At least once its happened it has happened and is done and dusted. Then the only way should be up.

Can't stand Bolton and some of their stinking Manchester overspill OAP/Kindergarten stone island wannabe hoolie's.  Can't help but admire the way they are bouncing back though and the hardcore are sticking with them.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I said something similar the other day on twitter.

People often throw around Bolton and Wigan as the warning against wanting change as that could be us.

Yet from where I'm sitting both now have clean slates and can begin their journeys back with a fresh start

Both have been through hell. But as you say Bolton now debt free and closing in on promotion. Their season ticket sales put ours to shame.

Wigan have come through admin. They may go down to League Two or may survive but have cleared the debt and are now owned by a Bahraini who has communicated more in a few days than Venkys have in a decade. He might be a crap owner but I think he'll have more idea than Venkys.

I make a prediction now that both Bolton and Wigan will be in the Championship under new ownership and sensible management before we are rid of Venkys or in the PL.

Not sure about Wigan but definately Bolton ..

Think Wigan will struggle to replicate their only glory day !

14 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

OR 'my job is to see the sale of the STC land finalised and football is a distant second'

What the charlatans failed at at Coventry is well under way here.

There's been suspicion something like this would kick off from the min these lot rocked up.

Mowbray at the time was another very odd choice of manager it makes you wonder if he came as part of a package deal with other stuff in mind. The owners and their advisors had the wheels of relegation firmly in motion with their previous shenanigans.  

Lets face it had we stayed down they'd have sold at least half the training ground now anyway i'd wager.  Makes you wonder what the HSH boys and Pasha sold to Balaji and co to get Mowbray in the door.

• Like 2

If we changed the manager we could end up like Bolton or Wigan? Well if we changed manager we could finish up like any of the other top six in the Championship as well couldn’t we?

Which do they want? 

• Like 3