BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

In what situation would I need to eat humble pie?

Part of my criticism regarding the tossers that own us is that they dont care enough to sack the manager you claim that I am defending!

When Mowbray has gone

Still going on and on. give it a rest. 

1 hour ago, Ulrich said:

I'll take that bet, I'm even willing to give you odds of 2/1.

What's your family fortune worth?

Nothing happens quickly in venkyland.

its was a joke

57 minutes ago, PeteJD13 said:

as soon as you do that people stop telling you info, sometimes you have to take it at face value things can be told in good faith and decisions can change

exactly Pete. Sometimes things change last minute or people change their mind cos of something or someone actions or opinion. Roversfan99 need to accept that and people cant always share their sources for a reason or reasons

44 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Howard_RV 

do you trust him?

1 hour ago, Ewood Ace said:

Behind the scenes the club is rotten and needs a complete revamp. Get rid of Mowbray, Waggott, and Vdenus.  Get in a Director of Football (and put him on the board) who is in charge of overseeing football operations at boardroom level and also responsible for recruiting a new manager and his coaching staff. Get in a CEO by doing a proper interviewing process (although who is doing the interviewing is another worrying question) and appoint someone with no connections to anyone at the club. 

I agree with bring in a new CEO with no connections to anyone at the club or even promote Ian Slivester who is very experience in Football. He can't be any worst than Waggott and Shaw can he? 

Venkys should have had a director of football operations for years now. I am in favour of us appoint to oversee the football operations. He would be in charge of signing players, contracts and negotiations of transfers and players. Then appoint a head coach for on the field matters like Training and tactics. Its works at some EFL clubs and alot of European clubs have this same model.  

13 minutes ago, lraC said:

I think I might well have the access to the same person.

As it happens, I haven't asked him, but I would be very surprised if he doesn't know something.

Happy to call or text him, if we don't hear anything, by later today.

nah don't wait ping them now!

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

With People with info and even little tit bits of rumours. 

So please posting them @oldjamfan1, @Mercer, @J*B, @Bbrovers2288 and any others I've missed out. 

I’ve heard nothing. And when I look back through history, Venkys seem to make quick decisions. I can’t think of another example where there’s a rumour prior to a significant announcement. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, J*B said:

I’ve heard nothing. And when I look back through history, Venkys seem to make quick decisions. I can’t think of another example where there’s a rumour prior to a significant announcement. 

Very funny. Situations have been allowed to drag to the point where no-one expects any action to be taken and then Venkys take action.

• Backroom
7 minutes ago, J*B said:

I actually think it's the opposite, and instead they make decisions months/years previous and are just incredibly slow to action them. I'm only partially joking with that. 

I can distinctly remember The Sun running a story that Bowyer had been sacked at the end of August 2015. The journalist in question must have heard it from a source within the club as it was put out with such confidence. After Bowyer remained in situ the story was quietly removed from the website, and GB ended up being sacked a couple of months later instead. 

I am thinking that IF there was anything happening behind the scene in respect of managerial changes then the media side would be at the least hinting at such an event, same as those who are within football circles.

The grapevine is very quiet whilst the rumour mill from uncorroborated sources is in full swing alongside speculation.

I wonder if the suggested rumour of Mowbray actually retiring at the season was indeed true and that possible replacements were being looked at, however, in view of Mowbray recent diabolical performances and read selections I could be swayed to thinking they may trump the retirement plans with an appointment earlier.

Looking at what’s available, and it doesn’t go as far as foreign managers, I would suggest Alex Neil, gobshite that he was at Nobend FC, clearly fits the bill, no complaints, lives locally and is young and keen and can operate on a limited budget whilst getting more out of the players at his disposal.

Anyhow, that’s my 3 penneth as the witching hour of 3pm looms😂

30 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

I certainly don't claim to be 'ITK' at all but shortly after the final whistle yesterday I received a text from someone extremely close to the club - not the playing or coaching side - who doesn't normally gossip (he can't afford to, it would cost him his job) who, unsolicited, told me that Waggott had been instructed to act. All this talk of being sacked today and announced at 3pm didn't come from me, I didn't hear any specifics at all.

However, I am very confident that something is happening in relation to the manager, but people posting "Its not happening is it?" every 5 minutes on here doesn't help alleviate the general twitchiness that fans are feeling just now.

Was it wrong of me to share that info? Maybe. But that's partly what I thought these message boards were designed for.

I made two or three posts very soon after the game finished based on, like @oldjamfan1, what I'd heard post match.  It was my understanding that he'd be gone by 3.00pm today and maybe Waggott as well if he'd been cornered and perhaps was unwilling to act.

Within any organisation there are flourishing grapevines and football clubs are no different.  I would be surprised if Mowbray's position had not been the source of speculation within the club for a little time now.  Speculation within an organisation is inevitable and folk do 'leak'!

Contract terminations are not always straightforward and can be fraught with difficulties so if this speculation is correct and indeed has legs, it may run on a little while yet.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Richard Oakley said:

Very funny. Situations have been allowed to drag to the point where no-one expects any action to be taken and then Venkys take action.

Yeah that’s what I’m saying. They drag on then suddenly it all changes. This 3pm thing has been doing the rounds since this morning. I think if he being fired he would have gone by now, rather than a 3pm statement. But like I said, I don’t know. 

If he was walking/resigning I can see why it would be a set time. 

It isn't happening, the way they do things now will be the annual review in June/July along with budget setting.

By then him and his fat monkey will have spun new yarns and promises that will see them through summer.

All pointless because whatever happens this season he's a dead man walking going into next season. Fans will be on his case as soon as there is a bad home performance and result.  Then it's just a matter of how long he sticks it out / gets away with playing the victim.

There is no future under this ownership it's just like the tv soaps, same story lines being rehashed every few years with different characters.

Please sell the club and take your wasted debt money with you.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, J*B said:

Yeah that’s what I’m saying. They drag on then suddenly it all changes. This 3pm thing has been doing the rounds since this morning. I think if he being fired he would have gone by now, rather than a 3pm statement. But like I said, I don’t know. 

If he was walking/resigning I can see why it would be a set time. 

Haven't most announcements of this nature been around 5pm?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tomphil said:

It isn't happening, the way they do things now will be the annual review in June/July along with budget setting.

By then him and his fat monkey will have spun new yarns and promises that will see them through summer.

All pointless because whatever happens this season he's a dead man walking going into next season. Fans will be on his case as soon as there is a bad home performance and result.  Then it's just a matter of how long he sticks it out / gets away with playing the victim.

There is no future under this ownership it's just like the tv soaps, same story lines being rehashed every few years with different characters.

Please sell the club and take your wasted debt money with you.

Aye it's not happening now, not sure why it would take this long if the decision was made already.

The review in the summer thing has been mentioned in the past, looking like the most likely outcome given that we have been utterly abysmal for ages now and he's still in charge.

• Like 1

Just to redress the balance a bit here.

My sources say that if Mowbray makes enough from any player sale/s this summer to cover his wages then he will be offered a 3 year contract extension with a £2 million pay off sacking clause inserted.

Furthermore if the housing development goes ahead he will be offered joint ownership of the club (annually run via Zoom from a Boro retirement mansion).

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Meesh said:

When will people learn that there is no set time that Venkys work to? When will people learn that there is absolutely no predicting what Venkys will do? 😆

When will people learn that the percentage chances on then doing anything at all are always extremely low.

When will people learn that we can't just keep playing diagonal balls into Danny Graham, and that changing our tactics to a more possession-based game will lead us on a journey ..... to Crewe, Lincoln, Cambridge and Milton Keynes.

There should be no decision to make that should have been sealed a month ago.  The only thing they should be debating is who steps in short term and gets the team back to basics.

Stops the revolving team sheet and subs and sets out to grind us a couple of results out so we can breathe again. Right now that's all that matters.

He should be at home just waiting for news of his contract settlement and whether he's needs to sue or not.

• Like 7