BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

ROVERS V COVENTRY 27/2/2021

3 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

20210227_140040.jpg

Not sure i would have stuck with Branthwaite. He's been bloody awful.

I wouldn't have stuck with the 4-2-3-1 that he's trying to play there either.

If he's trying to play the 4-3-3 that he started the season with then he's going to quickly find out that Evans isn't up to it.

Just now, OldEwoodBlue said:

If we don't perform today with this side then he should resign at 5pm.

We did play better the other night. It wasn't dire like the previous games.

Always better with Evans playing.

it was ok going forward but defensively an abject nightmare,not unexpectedly seeing as we played with two teenagers at centre back

• Like 2

The usage of Dack has been absolutely bizarre. He has played left wing, false 9 and CM, Mowbray has managed to find 3 places to use him out of position, he keeps putting him in and out, and he simply will never get fully match sharp doing that, which is what we need from our best player.

Shame to see that clown at CB next to Lenihan.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

4-3-3 I reckon

Yes I think so too.

We only go to 4231 when Dacks on the pitch. Main plus is Rothwells playing - we are so much better when he's playing central.

Really hard to be enthused though. Whole season is in tatters and we are just treading water till Mowbray is inevitably sacked.

• Backroom

Big Bad Branthwaite always looks on the brink of conceding a penalty so that’s a worry but we should have enough to get past these 

Edited by Tom

If we win it will probably due to individual performances rather than team synergy. Feel a lot more confident with Darragh back in the fold...two teenagers together was never going to work but sadly there was little option. Hopefully Branthwaite can be guided through the game today. Brereton looked more like the player we saw in the first half of the season on Wednesday...let’s see if he can build on that. Hoping for a win but not confident enough to predict one!!! 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Who else is going to play there right now though?

Tbh I think there is some excess of harshness towards Branthwaite at times. He looked good in his first couple of outings, and at least has appreciable attributes. He probably has a decent future ahead of him, just not with us of course which makes it frustrating we are his testing ground. The worst he has looked though is when he has to pair with another teenage defender, and it's pretty predictable he won't play well like that. Hopefully we get a better performance today, although the last time he lined up with Lenihan was shocking too - partly Daragh's fault at times on that one though, they were really working at cross purposes.

THB on the other hand, has shown nothing yet as far as I'm concerned.

• Like 1

One thing that struck me today was the paradoxical viewpoint that a win today 'should the shut the moaners up'. The idea that one win will reverse an entire season of dismal play and we will be right back amongst the greatest teams in the league.

Why should those who disapprove of Mowbray change their minds after one game if the reverse doesn't follow? Surely that means one defeat would mean Mowbray should be sacked (obviously ridiculous for those struggling to see the point).

There are those who believe in backing the manager whatever because he is the manager. Fair enough if that is your wish. There are those who believe recent results have gone too badly and they can no longer support him. Fair enough. There are those who made their mind up last season or the season before that W1 L1 D1 football was not good enough for their club. Fair enough.

Can we all just agree that arguments between fans over football matters are not unique to Rovers and we should not be ashamed or labelled morons for holding opinions about a hobby.

Personally, I can see a comfortable 3-1 win (Armstrong x 2, Elliott) and bitter resentment online later as one side throws pelters at the other in an orgy of "I told you so!"

Edited by Riverside under the drip
  • Like 4

22 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

The usage of Dack has been absolutely bizarre. He has played left wing, false 9 and CM, Mowbray has managed to find 3 places to use him out of position, he keeps putting him in and out, and he simply will never get fully match sharp doing that, which is what we need from our best player.

Clown?I will say he has been poor in recent matches but Lenihen had just a poor spell earlier in the season.He isn't ours and I'd rather see a contracted player play if we had the option.But I would be willing to bet that Braintwhaite will have a better career than any of our contracted centre halves.Contracted to a premier league club and rated by Ancellotti who would know a lot more than us.Reportedly being tracked by Manchester United.

Labelling a 19 year old a clown after half a dozen matches is pathetic imo

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

If we don't perform today with this side then he should resign at 5pm.

We did play better the other night. It wasn't dire like the previous games.

Always better with Evans playing.

Eh? 

Useful rule of thumb, Evans plays we lose.

He'd done nothing to warrant being brought back in last Wednesday and you'd have been forgiven for forgetting he was on the pitch.

Think I saw him touch the ball around the 53rd minute.

• Like 2

Just now, islander200 said:

Clown?I will say he has been poor in recent matches but Lenihen had just a poor spell earlier in the season.He isn't ours and I'd rather see a contracted player play if we had the option.But I would be willing to bet that Braintwhaite will have a better career than any of our contracted centre halves.Contracted to a premier league club and rated by Ancellotti who would know a lot more than us.Reportedly being tracked by Manchester United.

Labelling a 19 year old a clown after half a dozen matches is pathetic imo

labelling him a clown is a tad harsh,however there is absolutely no chance he`ll ever make it as a top flight defender,he`s got limitations that will find him out badly

One thing that Mowbray takes pride in is the value of the assets in the team. I look at todays team, 3 are loanees, 2 are players whose contract expires in the summer but with a year extension, another whose contract simply expires in the summer, Lenihan, Armstrong and Brereton are all I think out of contract next summer, leaving only Kaminski who has a year and a second year extension and Travis who has 2 more years. Hardly much long term value there.

47 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

20210227_140040.jpg

Not sure i would have stuck with Branthwaite. He's been bloody awful.

I think that's harsh. He has looked pretty good to me. Seems more a case where he does one thing wrong and all of a sudden the line on here is that he is awful. He will be a premier League player, not sure about the city lad though. 

7 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

I would play Elliott on the right and Dack in the middle. It’s a must win game against an inferior team. We shouldn’t be worrying about having cover for fullbacks in hone matches vs Coventry.

Dack I would ease back in and use from the bench from the next few games. 

I am overall pleased with the team picked. We all have own choices but the majority of us would pick the same 8 or 9 players each games. 

Hopefully we win the game today and go on an unbeaten run. I hate losing