BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

1 minute ago, glen9mullan said:

So what will be the statement tomorrow?

1. We tried, but wow the wages that these players are on we couldnt get to 10% and that was just on loans.

2. These loans are not free, we've brought in 4 players and the owners have backed us all the way.

3. We looked at a few, the money was there, but they were not right for this club.

4. I've challenged Sam and Ben to make that striking role their own. Its always been the plan, we did it with Arma, he played wide in the early days but then we moved him into his favoured position and reaped the benefits. With the loan additions in wide areas, the time for Sam and Ben is now.

5. Look everytime i've asked for that bit extra in funds the owners have always supported me, on this occasion the money was there, but we just couldnt get the one we wanted, the valuations were crazy.

6. Look we have the January window  and we've kept our key players, Dacky is to come back, and then we have some good young players chomping at the bit.

Unfortunately Glen I think you've absolutely nailed it. These arseholes produce so much horseshit they should sell roses

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

Wasting time and money on signing too many players in the same positions. Khadra and Poveda will probably come with guaranteed playing time as part of their package (to negotiate the price down), agree?

I’m all for this return to 1960’s style football. Two wingers and two strikers up the front. Tony’s a master strategist bringing back 4-2-4. Just watch, they’ll all be playing this way by Xmas.

• Like 1

No real words to describe this shambles of a window (if it stays like this).

All of these wingers being brought in to play false 9 makes me angrier than it should. Mowbray hoping at least one of these players comes good but it shouldn’t come down to this.

where’s the forward planning?

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Can't be having this, surely we need another winger!!

The best bit about the entire thing is that Mowbray is loading up his team to play in a 4-3-3 (or variations of) and a 3-5-2 (or variations of).

Unfortunately all these flighty wingers we're signing  (on loan, mind) don't fit into a 3-5-2 and obviously you can't start all these CBs in a 4-3-3. 

You'd think a club on a shoestring budget would commit to a tactic / style of play and cut their cloth accordingly. Not Mowbray though - but to be fair he knows far too much about football to explain his thinking to us. 

Genius. 

Edited by Exiled_Rover
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, callumrovers said:

People in that Rovers chat live saying Mowbray and Waggot have done a good job, I could cry. People saying if we finish top 10 give him a new contract WOW.

Just deluded fools. The cock will come home to roost at some point

People in that Rovers chat live saying Mowbray and Waggot have done a good job, I could cry. People saying if we finish top 10 give him a new contract WOW.

What was said was: "if we finished top 10 they probably would ". Not that it's what anybody wants.

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

I don't think that there are enough goals between Gallagher, Brereton, Poveda, Khadra and Dolan to avoid a serious scrap at the bottom. Not many attacks in the league as poor as that.

Sam Gallagher 2 in 5

Ben Brererton 3 in 5

x9 = playoffs 😂 

9 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

we`ve looked a well drilled  team so far this season,i hope all these loans does`nt **** it all up

True, probably for the first time ever on a consistent basis under Mowbray but now with all these kids to shoehorn in.....

• Like 1

Just now, tomphil said:

True, probably for the first time ever on a consistent basis under Mowbray but now with all these kids to shoehorn in.....

We are also only a couple of injuries away from a disaster, Ayala, Lenihan, Nyambe etc. are all physio gold pass members.

• Like 2

Just now, J*B said:

Am I being OTT by suggesting how this situation has played out requires a statement by the owners and recruitment team?

They will give one but will be the usual sound bite guff.

worried how we are going to get the goals to have anything but a defensive squeezing out 1-0s , draws , mid- lower table slog 

• Like 1