BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ben Brereton Diaz

I didn’t watch the whole game very closely, but from what I saw it looked like Brereton was playing the left side of a front 3, as he tends to for Rovers.

His movement was a lot better, and that header in the first half was what I’d like to see more of from him. The movement of those around him helped too - the midfield were willing to get up and beyond him and give him an out ball. He was a willing runner as usual, and it was a nice tidy finish

Plenty of things to knock Mowbray for (spending 7 million on Brereton in the first place is probably one of them), but lets acknowledge that he has utilised Brereton fairly effectively this season, hence the upturn in his form. Probably the one player our system suits. The lad is most comfortable wide in a front three, and it plays to his attributes far more than playing centrally would. There an argument for him playing as a target man here I suppose due to his height advantage, but not against seasoned Championship centre halves.

It’s still surreal to me, so it must be mental for the lad. Looks like he is grabbing the opportunity with both hands though, fair play to him.

Edited by Miller11
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, matt83 said:

I still cannot believe that lummox has an international cap let alone a goal but he took it well. Playing centrally. 🤯

Bit of a churlish response that.

I'm made up for the lad, a proper Roy of the Rovers story-line.

This whole experience could be the making of him and, if it is, we might be beneficiaries too..

As long as he doesn't speak Spanish like Mclaren spoke 'Dutch' mind you.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, yeti-dog said:

Bit of a churlish response that.

I'm made up for the lad, a proper Roy of the Rovers story-line.

This whole experience could be the making of him and, if it is, we might be beneficiaries too..

As long as he doesn't speak Spanish like Mclaren spoke 'Dutch' mind you.

I hope he does !!! endear the lad even more with his goofy persona ..love it !

Not like Rovers to act quick on a good feel moment ..but they have and a good looking t shirt too..

Rovers Adult Brereton Diaz T-Shirt (roverstore.co.uk)

1 hour ago, Miller11 said:

I didn’t watch the whole game very closely, but from what I saw it looked like Brereton was playing the left side of a front 3, as he tends to for Rovers.

His movement was a lot better, and that header in the first half was what I’d like to see more of from him. The movement of those around him helped too - the midfield were willing to get up and beyond him and give him an out ball. He was a willing runner as usual, and it was a nice tidy finish

Plenty of things to knock Mowbray for (spending 7 million on Brereton in the first place is probably one of them), but lets acknowledge that he has utilised Brereton fairly effectively this season, hence the upturn in his form. Probably the one player our system suits. The lad is most comfortable wide in a front three, and it plays to his attributes far more than playing centrally would. There an argument for him playing as a target man here I suppose due to his height advantage, but not against seasoned Championship centre halves.

It’s still surreal to me, so it must be mental for the lad. Looks like he is grabbing the opportunity with both hands though, fair play to him.

If nothing else, it has brightened up the summer, having a Rovers player, scoring an international goal and can only give him confidence. 

• Like 2

After the frustrating and probably miserable few years he's had here working under that useless bs merchant Mowbray and his dross bunch of cronies, I'm made up for the lad. 

Yes yes i know it's only Bolivia! But still he must have been under a lot of pressure from both sides of the ocean and the spotlight has firmly been fixed on him the last few weeks (with many mocking him and waiting for him to fail) 

So to score a perfectly tidy goal like that speaks volumes about his charecter and ability.

Shame he's going to likely be coming back here to be made to look lost and amateurish under Mowbrays pish poor management will be a shame. 

Though if he can bang a couple more in I can see there being real interest from clubs abroad(at least!) wanting to sign him

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, lraC said:

If nothing else, it has brightened up the summer, having a Rovers player, scoring an international goal and can only give him confidence. 

Clutching at straws I know  but Grant Hanley had a terrific game last night and Stephen Reid was on-screen as one of Scotland's team coaches

2 minutes ago, 47er said:

Clutching at straws I know  but Grant Hanley had a terrific game last night and Stephen Reid was on-screen as one of Scotland's team coaches

Dack's face also popped up in the corner of the screen while me and my friend desperately tried to get the ITV app to work for the game yesterday evening. So, there's that too.

10 hours ago, LordBaltimore said:

Uruguayans & Chileans kick the shit out of each other.

I miss that. Bring back the Hunters, the Bremners, the Vinny Jones’s, the Tommy Smiths, the Glenn Keeleys. None of this tippy tappy, backwards sideways crap from them.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, RoverCanada said:

Dack's face also popped up in the corner of the screen while me and my friend desperately tried to get the ITV app to work for the game yesterday evening. So, there's that too.

Missed that!

This only comes to show what bits of motivation can do to certain players. Now one can only imagine what the likes of Holtby and Rothwell would have looked like last season if we had a manager who could  motivate and extract the best out of them. Not saying the Chile’s manager has done that to BB thou. Perhaps, playing for Chile is a big enough motivating factor by itself, but it does seem like BB is made for the big scene after all. We did sign him after he destroyed Arsenal, didn’t we.

I am not sure he has the confidence nor the ability to be a big player whatsoever but fair play to the lad for taking the international opportunity with both his hands.

26 minutes ago, perthblue02 said:

Bearded God Farmer Of Goals

would make an excellent t-shirt :)

Get them printed…if he bangs in 15/20 goals this season you could be on to a winner!