BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

19 hours ago, tomphil said:

There's no way Dack turns into a high press player for 90 mins every game.  Rhodes couldn't do it either.

His talents can still be harnessed though just get others around him doing it whilst leaving him to find space.

Dack and Ayala are in the danger zone in this set up.

Dack isn’t built athletically for the press and Ayala won’t like being isolated with strikers when both fullbacks are pushed on.

Its going to be interesting….I reckon both will be gone in 12 months.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Got to factor in 5 subs next season. Makes it easier to carry dack. Off on the hour or impact sub so he doesn't have to do it for 90 mins.

Agreed!

• Moderation Lead
3 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

Dack and Ayala are in the danger zone in this set up.

Dack isn’t built athletically for the press and Ayala won’t like being isolated with strikers when both fullbacks are pushed on.

Its going to be interesting….I reckon both will be gone in 12 months.

Ayala will be fine as long as he’s under contract, he’s never fit.

• Like 1

Buckley is a better option than Dack for the famed "high press"

Bucko is pretty good at winning the ball back up top. In fact, so was Rothwell. His pace allowed him to sometimes just nick in front of a stray ball.

I'd say Buckley is more likely to start the games than Dack but I know nowt. You'd prefer Dack to be strolling around a bit, keeping fresh, for that late lung busting run into the back stick for a tap in. That's how I imagine Dack. I definitely do not want him chasing defenders with his tongue hanging out

33 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Bucko is pretty good at winning the ball back up top. In fact, so was Rothwell. His pace allowed him to sometimes just nick in front of a stray ball.

I'd say Buckley is more likely to start the games than Dack but I know nowt. You'd prefer Dack to be strolling around a bit, keeping fresh, for that late lung busting run into the back stick for a tap in. That's how I imagine Dack. I definitely do not want him chasing defenders with his tongue hanging out

It will be very interesting how and where Buckley will play under JDT. 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

It will be very interesting how and where Buckley will play under JDT. 

Big season for Buckley coming up. He’ll be 23 with well over 100 senior appearances to his name. He has the potential to spend his career at a higher level than Dack. Time to prove it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

I'd still rather have Dack in the false 9 than Buckley if they persist with that way.

On 28/06/2022 at 12:40, unsall said:

Short memory, this MB was awash with folk slagging him off, when it was tough going with plenty saying get rid.

The problem is you think we can sign everybody on 4 year contracts and then renew every 2 years, you don’t seem to care about FFP, if nothing happens you think there hasn’t even been contact to renew, if players don’t want to commit there’s not much we can do about it. It happens at all clubs, even Stoke who you seem to compare with us. They want Joe Allen to renew but he’s run his contract down and is leaving.

We all need to criticise the club when needs be, but relentless criticism when we don’t have the full facts is wrong IMO.

8 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

I really hope the days of the false 9 are long gone.

What u mean like Grabbi? He was defo a false 9 🤣🤣🤣